Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Very likely to be sacrificing Ring/Weapon Enchant procs though.

That said, you could pretty much do any opener and do amazingly or terribly depending on whether or not your DB's crit.
    This so hard. Having your DBs not crit or MS for a kill attempt is the most demoralizing thing in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    This so hard. Having your DBs not crit or MS for a kill attempt is the most demoralizing thing in the world.
    That is a HUGE DPS difference too, considering how much Demonbolt is to your total DPS, but that's just how it goes I guess.

I never got why people precast soul fire like that. Sure, it might do more damage than shadowbolt, but you're also wasting ~1.5 seconds of your pot in the process for what is more than likely a completely negligible difference to the opener.
    Pleb warlock from Awakening - Mug'thol, maintains simulationcraft for warlocks.
    Email: tjc12821@gmail.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/gahddo
    Feel free to ask for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoisms View Post
    That is a HUGE DPS difference too, considering how much Demonbolt is to your total DPS, but that's just how it goes I guess.
    Yeah, it's part of the reason for large damage swings between pulls. I sort of wish they'd decrease the base damage of DB and give it the SF/CB treatment (auto crit, crit% increases damage), as I'd rather be consistent than have huge upswings. But then I guess it might mess with pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's part of the reason for large damage swings between pulls. I sort of wish they'd decrease the base damage of DB and give it the SF/CB treatment (auto crit, crit% increases damage), as I'd rather be consistent than have huge upswings. But then I guess it might mess with pvp.
    But we all know people will moan about it like they already do. It is the Demonology Chaos Bolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    But we all know people will moan about it like they already do. It is the Demonology Chaos Bolt.
    No, it's a lot more punishing than that. Chaos bolt is shadow school and demonbolt is chaos. Not a whole lot of difference in PvE generally, but in PvP it means every time you get kicked while DBing (in 3s this means basically every time you try to cast DB) you will be locked out of ALL spells for the duration of the lockout. The only reason they nerfed it for PvP to begin with was because people were doing stupid shit in 2s and they wanted to make casuals happy. They could buff it by like double and it would still be a worthless 3s spec. I'm pretty certain they don't scale it with crit like SF because they don't want crit to become crazy valuable for demo ... too much double dipping for no cost isn't a good thing gameplay-wise. I still think it should be 100% crit just because it's completely skill-less as is, just trying to see it from their PoV.

weirdest rng ever
    Last edited by FurtyIRL; 2015-02-03 at 11:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post

weirdest rng ever
    nah, the weirdest RNG is when your average dmg exceeds your maimum hit, now that is just plain weird and illogical but it happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    No, it's a lot more punishing than that. Chaos bolt is shadow school and demonbolt is chaos. Not a whole lot of difference in PvE generally, but in PvP it means every time you get kicked while DBing (in 3s this means basically every time you try to cast DB) you will be locked out of ALL spells for the duration of the lockout. The only reason they nerfed it for PvP to begin with was because people were doing stupid shit in 2s and they wanted to make casuals happy. They could buff it by like double and it would still be a worthless 3s spec. I'm pretty certain they don't scale it with crit like SF because they don't want crit to become crazy valuable for demo ... too much double dipping for no cost isn't a good thing gameplay-wise. I still think it should be 100% crit just because it's completely skill-less as is, just trying to see it from their PoV.
    It's also considered physical damage as well so in terms of PvP all it takes is a Paladin to stop the burst it contains.

I do agree with them pulling the reins back with Crit, giving crit a higher value than it already has would be everyone going for Crit, Soul Fire working like a lessened Chaos Bolt and Demonbolt if the rng is good will destroy.

Deleted
    That would be a bug in your damage meter and nothing to do with RNG

It's also considered physical damage as well so in terms of PvP all it takes is a Paladin to stop the burst it contains.

I do agree with them pulling the reins back with Crit, giving crit a higher value than it already has would be everyone going for Crit, Soul Fire working like a lessened Chaos Bolt and Demonbolt if the rng is good will destroy.
    I don't think it would increase the value of crit at all. It would still increase our overall damage at the same rate, the damage would just be smoothed over instead of having huge variances. Mastery would still be our best stat, and crit would have roughly the same value IF they tuned the damage on DB right.

Also that's not the worst luck ever Furty. I mean, sure, one crit, but you had a ton of MS's. Sure a MS doesn't have the same large number as a crit, but it's just as valuable to overall dps. Ideally we'd have a good amount of crits and MS's but having a ton of one can negate having very few of the other.

Still agree that our damage is too subject to rng though, which is the result of most of our damage coming from very few casts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it would increase the value of crit at all. It would still increase our overall damage at the same rate, the damage would just be smoothed over instead of having huge variances. Mastery would still be our best stat, and crit would have roughly the same value IF they tuned the damage on DB right.

Also that's not the worst luck ever Furty. I mean, sure, one crit, but you had a ton of MS's. Sure a MS doesn't have the same large number as a crit, but it's just as valuable to overall dps. Ideally we'd have a good amount of crits and MS's but having a ton of one can negate having very few of the other.

Still agree that our damage is too subject to rng though, which is the result of most of our damage coming from very few casts.
    Not the worst luck, it was just plain weird. And yes, on paper your damage would scale at the same rate but in practice it would be a huge buff until such a point where crit becomes a 'reliable' stat. Basically until end-tier gear, in other words. It would pretty much seal the deal for crit being a far stronger stat than anything except Mastery.