Lightbulb Help me not suck as warrior

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out. I decided that since I have never really done a warrior past 39 twinking back in the BC/Wrath days that I would make one as my DPS alt this expansion (I main a priest). I’ve always been a fan of Arms but the DPS doesn’t seem to be there so I decided to switch to fury. I don’t seem to be doing any better on the DPS side and I can’t figure out what I need to be doing differently. Would you guys be able to help me out?

Here’s some parses with my warrior: .warcraftlogs. /reports/6HrZDXwxBQKPVRf1#type=damage-done&fight=1
    Here’s my Warrior’s Armory Profile: /wow/en/character/hyjal/Tasten/advanced

(Sorry, haven’t posted enough to be able to have links in my posts yet)

I would have to assume that based on my item level I should be doing around 20k+ single target DPS. A few things of note, I know I’m not enchanted on my armor and I’m suing 2 2handed weapons instead of 1handers since those are more DPS in this item level but I don’t think that alone should be a 3k – 5k DPS loss. Any tips or suggestions are welcome.

Obviously get crit enchants on your rings, and go for Thunderlord, but I understand being an alt that's not a priority. Also 2h vs. 1h is not that huge of a deal. Just use whatever the best weapons you have available.

On your Butcher parse, your second Recklessness is outside of both Lust and 20%. You should save this second one for 20% to maximize execute damage, and this will coincide with the last half of Lust on that particular fight (you'll still get full uptime on it, just at a better part). Also since that fight is purely single target, you should not be using Bladestorm and instead take Bloodbath(I believe this is still higher than Avatar for fury?). Using Bladestorm on a single target is a DPS loss. On Ogron, Dragon Roar should be your preferred talent (double hit) and obviously stay alive!

I can't really comment on Tectus as they are all wipes, and with dying and all around chaos that leads to wipes on that fight, it would be difficult.

I would stay arms unless you can afford to stack as much crit as you can, you got pretty lucky in that butcher kill as your tectus trinket procced 8 times, otherwise I would have expected around 16-18k with your gear, also I'd go 1h fury until you can get some BRF 2H at least, better stats. Also pretty much always save reck+2nd pot for executes.
    Last edited by Nega; 2015-01-30 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks guys!

All good points and I'll definitely work on them. How much crit should I look at to determine whether or not I should go back to arms? When I was arms I was actually doing less DPS than what you see on those parses so I'm a tad reluctant to go back, even though I think I prefer Arms.

Nega, based on your figuring, my DPS is about where it should be then, maybe just a smidge low? Even though that's low it make makes me feel better that I'm not as bad as I thought I was.