Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    they just need a rogue only legendary, then everyone would play one because of the new hotness.

could you imagine? lol

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    they just need a rogue only legendary, then everyone would play one because of the new hotness.

could you imagine? lol

/sarcasm off
    *fixed that for you
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Rogues are are among the top of the pve dps atm. Combats aoe, Assassinations cleave and Subs single target.

As far as pvp goes, combat is a really strong spec. It brings very high dps and control. It is not a dk, which brings no control and high dmg. As far as 100-0 in a spree, in 3s thats what normally happens.

In PvE we do great damage and ignore more raid mechanics than ANY other class. A rogue is almost always the last class to die in a wipe.

In PVP we have tons of CC and good burst damage. On US, rogue is the fourth most played 2s class and fifth most 3s class out of eleven classes.

Rogue is awesome.

a lot of classes have issues over time, but there's a reason I keep coming back to my rogue after a tier maining a different class.
    Finishing mythic highmaul maining a feral Druid, and I was ok with his niche, but I have been begging my dps officer to let me swap back to my rogue when he's at a minimum ilvl to raid. I probably will be behind in gear until half way through blackrock on my rogue, but it doesn't matter. Rogues just have a satisfying toolkit that can't be boiled down to "x and y" perks and tools.
    Last edited by lifteez; 2015-01-31 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedail View Post
    I think I'm close to understanding this thread. . ./places tinfoil hat squarely on head. . .Ah, yes. I see now. . . /tinfoil hat off, approaching reality once more

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Rogues are are among the top of the pve dps atm. Combats aoe, Assassinations cleave and Subs single target.

As far as pvp goes, combat is a really strong spec. It brings very high dps and control. It is not a dk, which brings no control and high dmg. As far as 100-0 in a spree, in 3s thats what normally happens.
    Oh, you mean 3v3, the arena match which has another dps beating on that target with his/her cooldowns as well?

Spree doesn't 100-0 people, ever. Stop spouting nonsense or get out of the 1200 bracket against people in greens.

Also DK's bring silence and a 5s ranged unavoidable stun. They bring control, just not as much as a rogue, but who does besides a mage anyway?
    Last edited by T18Z; 2015-01-31 at 01:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    We are the Few, the Proud, the Sneaky.
    You are not machines! You are not cattle! You are men! You have the love of Humanity in your hearts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    What exactly was the bet I made with the Klingon sex workers?

I hope someone doesn't sig this post...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Specious View Post
    (I play Subtetly, so that is the specialization that I will be referring mainly when I'm ranting further...)
    But, as the game is 'dumbed' down more and more, other classes getting closer to having one button to win it all, we retain (almost) everything that other classes have been 'pardoned'.
    Are you kidding me? yeah i agree subtetly is one of the hardest classes but if you rant about your class being hard and other classes can do it easier, why don't you just roll an easier class? dont see your point here, just because your class is ''harder'' it should be better?

Rogues are the best Apexis crystal daily farmers.

Deleted

There. Underlined the lies for you. Go back to your shamecorner.

Hectic aoe for 30seconds: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1722
    Slight aoe every 1 min for most of the fight and more of it at the end: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1705
    Single target with adds that can be used to boost rogue dps greatly with marked for death constantly during the fight, but not generally touched by dps players outside of barrage whoring hunters/locks: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1706 (youre saying sub should be among the top dps here yet its not even close with mediate or maximum dps)
    2 target cleave: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1719 (youre saying assa should be among the top dps here yet its not even close with mediate or maximum dps)
    Last edited by mmoc5352742bc3; 2015-01-31 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Problim View Post
    There. Underlined the lies for you. Go back to your shamecorner.

Hectic aoe for 30seconds: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1722
    Slight aoe every 1 min for most of the fight and more of it at the end: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1705
    Single target with adds that can be used to boost rogue dps greatly with marked for death constantly during the fight, but not generally touched by dps players outside of barrage whoring hunters/locks: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1706 (youre saying sub should be among the top dps here yet its not even close with mediate or maximum dps)
    2 target cleave: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1719 (youre saying assa should be among the top dps here yet its not even close with mediate or maximum dps)
    Warcraftlogs is kinda subjective. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...1719&bracket=3. however even in your logs all rogue specs seem to be preforming pretty damn well do they not?

What I said is each spec has its own little niche. "Rogues are among the top dps atm isn't a lie. That's a fact. I don't know why would think otherwise, it sims high its dps is high the classes dps ranks in warcraft logs are high, very high.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=100&boss=1706 looking at butcher dps, it seems to be among the top dps on butcher as well.

Talking about mongo dks, they bring no control in a world where you have a rogue which brings a very high amount of control. In the arena dks dmg done can be very high most of it isn't a single. Combat in the arena does put out high dps. I don't really wanna argue that with you its just a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    Oh, you mean 3v3, the arena match which has another dps beating on that target with his/her cooldowns as well?

Spree doesn't 100-0 people, ever. Stop spouting nonsense or get out of the 1200 bracket against people in greens.

Also DK's bring silence and a 5s ranged unavoidable stun. They bring control, just not as much as a rogue, but who does besides a mage anyway?

I don't really know what you are talking about here. spree in 3s with dots on you will do its job. It's unstoppable. 1300 bracket or 2600 that's what does it.

Deleted
    Warcraftlogs is kinda subjective.
    Not at all. Warcraftlogs statistics is actually the closest thing to objective when it comes to evaluating dps potential in WoW.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...=100&boss=1706 looking at butcher dps, it seems to be among the top dps on butcher as well.
    You are looking at MAX parses. That means just the one top parse for the class/spec. This is highly unreliable since there's so much of RNG. Lucky crits, multistrikes and procs can swing your dps one way or the other by as much as 30%. MAX is in no way representative.

Warcraftlogs is kinda subjective. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...1719&bracket=3. however even in your logs all rogue specs seem to be preforming pretty damn well do they not?

What I said is each spec has its own little niche. "Rogues are among the top dps atm isn't a lie. That's a fact. I don't know why would think otherwise, it sims high its dps is high the classes dps ranks in warcraft logs are high, very high.

Talking about mongo dks, they bring no control in a world where you have a rogue which brings a very high amount of control. In the arena dks dmg done can be very high most of it isn't a single. Combat in the arena does put out high dps. I don't really wanna argue that with you its just a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really know what you are talking about here. spree in 3s with dots on you will do its job. It's unstoppable. 1300 bracket or 2600 that's what does it.
    It's actually not unstoppable, you can CC the rogue on the final second of it as the set bonus that provides the extra second doesn't grant immunity to crowd control.

You'd probably already know that if you had some class knowledge. Meanwhile you continue spewing nothing but nonsense about how KS kills people 100-0 in 3v3, while kindly ignoring the other damage dealer that's smashing the target at the same time. You keep adding extras, first it was red buff KS kills people most classes 100-0 in a stun, then now it 100-0's people in 3s with another dps, and now you're including other peoples dots into the equation? It doesn't 100-0 anybody, just stop.

Do you even have a rogue and play this game? You come across as clueless, especially in your evaluation of logs.
    Last edited by T18Z; 2015-01-31 at 11:19 PM.

First of all, you linked the max dps. This is a single parse by itself for each spec, nothing more.

Second, even in your shitty worthless link the rogue is 6th. You do realize that 6th is exactly middle and not top, right?

Quote Originally Posted by T18Z View Post
    It's actually not unstoppable, you can CC the rogue on the final second of it as the set bonus that provides the extra second doesn't grant immunity to crowd control.

You'd know that if you weren't stuck at 1200. Meanwhile you continue spewing nothing but nonsense about how KS kills people 100-0 in 3v3, while kindly ignoring the other damage dealer that's smashing the target at the same time. You keep adding extras, first it was red buff KS kills people most classes 100-0 in a stun, then now it 100-0's people in 3s with another dps, and now you're including other peoples dots into the equation? It doesn't 100-0 anybody, just stop.

Do you even have a rogue and play this game? You come across as clueless, especially in your evaluation of logs.
    I'm not a top rated rogue only 2011, but even understand that when someone says 3v3 it means they normally have a dps friend with them. I run Druid lock rogue and the swaps with that comp is really strong. Obviously it isn't the actual spree that kills the person but it's what does the job because everything else is in motion. Maybe I don't explain things every well, but in the raids I do and the 3s I play this is what I experience. I'll say it again rogues combat dps in pvp is very high. Killing spree doestroys when used correctly.
    In pve currently rogues don't have dps issues they sim and preform among the top of what's current in WoD.
    I said in my original post in 3v3 100-0, those swaps are pretty powerful.

Also, I'm not arguing that dks dmg is much higher in an arena match, it's just a lot of it is rot/aoe and I would like to see the raw single target they actually do. I always seem to have massive up time on my pvp targets. Where as dks normally don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    First of all, you linked the max dps. This is a single parse by itself for each spec, nothing more.

Second, even in your shitty worthless link the rogue is 6th. You do realize that 6th is exactly middle and not top, right?
    Being 6th isn't mid. That would be 8th.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...t=90&boss=1706 Even this log man is 90th and sub is very unforgiving, but the difference in "most dps" in the 90th isn't that much off. Ya there it's mid pack, but looking at this log they are kinda mediocre, but they have more potential obviously. Keep in mind that demo and arcane are still a little over tuned and I think arms as well( idk If the mastery roll back has went live)
    Last edited by Miko; 2015-01-31 at 11:39 PM.

Deleted
    Being 6th isn't mid. That would be 8th.
    Are you aware there are only 11 classes? 8th place is close to the bottom.

But on that 90th percentile, rogues are actually 10th out of 11.
    Let's just say that Subtlety is not so good single-target dps as you might think.
    Last edited by mmoc12440bec32; 2015-02-01 at 12:01 AM. Reason: update

Deleted
    Warcraftlogs statistics while helpful are not the be all end all when accounting spec strengths. You also have to consider the very limited gear pool in highmaul at the moment. Combat can get fairly good stat distribution with the large amount of haste and comes up near the top on many fights. Sub does not have that luxury. There is a very limited amount of good gear for sub from higmaul and as such sub falls off compared to other specs. I think both sub and combat have potential to be really strong in foundry, combat for the large amount of cleave fights and sub will see an upswing with the larger amount of multistrike available.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorefel View Post
    Are you aware there are only 11 classes? 8th place is close to the bottom.

But on that 90th percentile, rogues are actually 10th out of 11.
    Let's just say that Subtlety is not so good single-target dps as you might think.
    So they sub rogues by what you are saying is 10th out of the 11 classes? Sub is a spec, not a class. Idk what you're doing. I'm also not going to argue about it, rogues are more then fine atm. Dps is good for all niche for any fight. They are "AMONG" <-- what I have been saying since my first damn post. The top dps. They are harder to play, ya. Doesn't matter tho because if played correctly they can put out "some" of the top dps of any type of fight.

And this is using warcraftlogs, which I'm sorry is more then a jerk off contest at best. This is the end of HM, some of the guilds that have it on farm now are no doubt doing crazy shit to pad and boost meters... Yes even on butcher.
    Last edited by Miko; 2015-02-01 at 02:07 AM.

So they sub rogues by what you are saying is 10th out of the 11 classes? Sub is a spec, not a class. Idk what you're doing. I'm also not going to argue about it, rogues are more then fine atm. Dps is good for all niche for any fight. They are "AMONG" <-- what I have been saying since my first damn post. The top dps.
    Stop being dense. Rogue is 10 out of 11th class wise for mythic butcher. Class wise is all that really matters any more with how easy it is to change specs on hybrids. 10th out of 11th is not "AMONG" the top dps.

In my very honest opinion...for a start of the expansion Rogues are in a better spot than Cata, MoP, or WotLK. I don't remember to far back with BC...but I suspect that the class is on par with where the class was in that expansion as well.

The fundamental problem is the class can be so much better but the devs are scared to make tweaks that are necessary..imagine if they didn't follow through with the combo point change..

Glyphs, talents, base line skills...so much they can do.