Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That thing is loud as shit lol, best does NOT just include low temps.....unless you like the sound of hair dryers LOL. Also, its the exact same price as the 212 EVO. Next.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow its not even as good as the hyper 212+:

http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...id=2723&page=5

The EVO has it bested by 1.1'c in this test, while also being the quieter (and may i say, better looking) heatsink. Mounting system is likely easier on the 212 evo as well.
    Meh, it was only the first one off of the top of my head, but you are still incorrect.
    1) It's about the same or less in where I checked. How is being the same price bad?
    2) You provided (low-load) synthetic tests not actual tests.
    3) It performs better in PWM mode than the 212 EVO does in 12v, while also being quieter in those modes.

Given that we have gone enough off-topic and you are being quite rude and condescending, I'm going to leave the topic be from now on.

I'm going to leave the topic be from now on.
    Probably a solid idea. Pro-tip, do your research before calling someone out they are incorrect. You still havent shown me a heatsink that performs better for the money, yet you claim there are many of them....whats taking you so long to link a benchmark of one?

I was gonna let this slide but i cant lol:

2) You provided (low-load) synthetic tests not actual tests.
    If you looked just a little bit closer (did you actually think those were load temps with 150w testing?). These are delta temps, which is the proper method of testing heatsinks, frostytech is one of the oldest and well respected heatsink sites out there.

Given that we have gone enough off-topic
    What? We are DIRECTLY on topic lol. This should be very useful to the OP, who has decided to get a heatsink instead of buying other parts.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2015-01-31 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    You are seriously underestimating how good the 212 evo is, i can push 1.5v through my 2500k and stay under 80c during prime.
    I seriously doubt that you achiev these temps with an Evo 212, I have a 2500K OCd to 5.0ghz @ 1.45v running 24/7 on a H100 with four fans @ 1K rpm plus I use IC diamond thermal compound and I get about the same temps as you do with a tiny little tower heatsink ? Lol Yeah RIGHT! Im sorry but I think you over estimate the 212 Evo.

Believe what you like, 1.3v is 60c, 1.4v is 70c, 1.5v is 79c from my testing. I also use ic diamond. I use the 1.3v 4.4ghz as my daily OC, in WoW it never goes above 45c.

I hate people like you , why do you lie ? Its obvious that your result are not true. I build PC as a living, I have tested atleast 100 different cooler over the years and I've never seen a CM 212 Evo perform that good even with Delta fans running @ 5K rpm on an open test bench it wouldnt perform that good. Just Stop it.

Deleted
    Guys the answer to op's post has been given on the very first reply from TetrisGoat. All the rest posts serve nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Guys the answer to op's post has been given on the very first reply from TetrisGoat. All the rest posts serve nothing...
    Right, but the OP posted after someone suggested a 75 dollar CPU cooler.....which is kind of silly to cool an old i3. For 75 dollars he could almost get a pentium 3258 and a motherboard.

I hate people like you , why do you lie ? Its obvious that your result are not true. I build PC as a living, I have tested atleast 100 different cooler over the years and I've never seen a CM 212 Evo perform that good even with Delta fans running @ 5K rpm on an open test bench it wouldnt perform that good. Just Stop it.
    Why would i lie on an internet forum, especially one where someone is looking for advice? I couldn't care less if you believe me, just posting the results ive gotten with my setup. You sound like you need a cool shower, or a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Because this is true, I am closing the thread, but I will leave some closing thoughts: if you're going to make extraordinary claims, be prepared to post extraordinary proof because people are not just going to take your word for it.