Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

The choices of a new player!

Hi guys. I'm new here. So:

Final Fantasy is really awesome, and this game is the most Final Fantasy thing since.... long. I mean, I'm a Lancer, soon-to-be Dragoon, collecting Crystals, fighting GARLEANS!!!

But, I have some questions for your all:
    1 - I live in South America, and choose the server Zalera. I heard that all the servers are located in Montreal. Is this true?
    2 - As a Dragoon, will I be able to get that good-looking Dragoon armor that appeared on the begining of the gane? It looked a lot like Kain Highwind's armor ( http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...sidia_012).png )
    3 - How much of the content can I do with a casual schedule, playing only 2h a day MAXIMUM? I can't commit to core groups or anything like that (and I don't even know if this exists here)

TY all, and sorry if all this was already responded on other topics!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sorcerer View Post

Final Fantasy is really awesome, and this game is the most Final Fantasy thing since.... long. I mean, I'm a Lancer, soon-to-be Dragoon, collecting Crystals, fighting GARLEANS!!!

1 - I live in South America, and choose the server Zalera. I heard that all the servers are located in Montreal. Is this true?
    2 - As a Dragoon, will I be able to get that good-looking Dragoon armor that appeared on the begining of the gane? It looked a lot like Kain Highwind's armor ( http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...sidia_012).png )
    3 - How much of the content can I do with a casual schedule, playing only 2h a day MAXIMUM? I can't commit to core groups or anything like that (and I don't even know if this exists here)

1) No idea sorry, playing on EU
    2) Yup, that armor is the job tier and you get it on your way to 50 and so The weapon is the relic and with a bit of effort you get it too.
    3) Almost everything I would say. At least in my server (Phoenix) there is a lot of pug-raids and I can do everything without being part of a FC

Enjoy the way of Dragoon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Sorcerer View Post

1) no idea
    2) yes you get that gear from class quests at lvl 45 and 50
    and also there is a ilvl90 set just like it as well
    3) main reason I'm responding, this is a lot like my playtime, i get to see pretty much all content cept for coils of bahamut past t4 and extreme versions of primals, but there is plenty of dungeon content and of course there is crystal tower and world of darkness, if your not up to dungeon running you can easily get into hunts, treasure maps (party finder is easy to do with this), crafting classes are like an entire game in itself, and there are plenty of side quests that are funny as hell just to go thru. there is plenty of optional content. being casual doesn't really hold you back except from like i said coil past t4 and ex mode fights.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    TY all for the info!

You'll get all the Dragoon armour, save the chest piece, at level 45. The chest you get from your level 50 class quest. At level 50 you can also learn glamors which allow you to change the appearance of your items, so even if you get better/differant gear, you can make sure you still like look a traditional Dragoon if you want too (I will be on my Dragoon, most gear that isn't the relic is ugly...and frankly why would you NOT want to look like a proper Dragoon?)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Regarding the Dragoon armor, it will take a lot of work and a lot of effort and a lot of money, but there is a way to get a version of it that lets you dye it. At first, I was skeptical of this, but I've seen metallic blue, metallic silver, and a few others look absolutely amazing. Even white looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Regarding the Dragoon armor, it will take a lot of work and a lot of effort and a lot of money, but there is a way to get a version of it that lets you dye it. At first, I was skeptical of this, but I've seen metallic blue, metallic silver, and a few others look absolutely amazing. Even white looks awesome.
    Out of curiosity, how do you get that? A lot of stuff in the game eludes me since it doesn't necessarily tell you that something is available unless you study patch notes which I avoid doing to not stumble across spoilers.

Yes all North American servers like the Aether and Primal groups are located in Montreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Out of curiosity, how do you get that? A lot of stuff in the game eludes me since it doesn't necessarily tell you that something is available unless you study patch notes which I avoid doing to not stumble across spoilers.
    Basically you need an expensive crafted item you then exchange it(say twi for the body and legs each so 4 just fir those) and the regular artifact armor then you get the pieve you can dye

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Best to do a little internet research on that specific topic in details, but I can point you in the right direction.

In Mor Dhona, inside the building north of the Aetheryte (the real large one) where Rowena moved into, there's a door on the right with 3 NPCs. One is for the Ixal daily quests, one is a vendor. The vendor trades the ilvl 90 AF gear in exchange for tokens from Snowcloak, etc.

You will need a 3 Star Alchemist to craft ____ Attire Augmentation items. 2 per chest/legs, 1 per head/boots/gloves if I recall.

Example here

It used to be expensive, but the mats are probably a lot cheaper now and shouting in Mor Dhona will usually find a 3 star crafter. I think I tipped mine about 50k per attire augmentation. 250k for the entire set was a lot better than 500k a piece on the market at the time.