Thread: Questions

Questions

Just some questions if you can answer that would be great

What makes these lanes you see in game? What differentiates top from middle from bottom?
    What is jungle?

Which lane best for new guy?
    Any must have champions? I'm assuming jinx since she is how I even heard about the game (dat meme be everywhere)
    Should a newbie worry about the masteries and runes?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Baron (top) vs Dragon (bot). Dragon spawns earlier and is easier to take, so most teams have 2 people in bot to keep a closer eye on it.
    2) Any none lane. (E.g. the wolf camp, the krugs, etc.)
    3) Any works. Try them all. I'd avoid jungling until you have your runes and masteries though. Otherwise, you're either in for a rough time or a very select group of champions.
    4) None, really. Most work. Try the free to play ones and then pick up whichever one you like.
    5) Eventually, yea. Fill out the masteries as you go (personally, I'd get 9 points in defense first for the extra health) and start worrying about Runes when you hit level 20+. Tier 1 runes are pretty cheap and useful, but the tier 3 runes are quite expensive and it will take you a while to save up for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    its called top lane because when you look at the minimap its the path that runs along the top edge. its called middle lane because it goes thru the middle of the map, im guessing you can figure out why its called bottom lane. the jungle is looking less like a jungle these days because of iteration. back when the game was brand new, it resembled a jungle more, and consisted of the areas between the tower paths. splitting your teamates up between top/mid/bot and jungle allows your team to maximize XP gains in early game (pre lvl 6).

certain champs work best when starting in these lanes. its just something that was found out early in Leagues history, and now the game is kinda built around this perception.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2015-01-31 at 02:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Thanks guys

So far I've tried garen. Very fun.

Also teemo and caitlyn.

Any tips for playing teemo and caitlyn? I don't know anyone yet so I'll b doing solo queues.

Deleted
    As you're new, as Caitlyn who is an ADC (attack damage carry) if suggest to first concentrate on last hitting the creeps to get gold. Caitlyn is also good for a new player as she has a very long auto attack range. So as a beginner tip id suggest you practice shooting the minions to kill them (so your attack is the last attack needed to kill them) and when you aren't last hitting, if it's ok/safe to try and get an auto attack on the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    As you're new, as Caitlyn who is an ADC (attack damage carry) if suggest to first concentrate on last hitting the creeps to get gold. Caitlyn is also good for a new player as she has a very long auto attack range. So as a beginner tip id suggest you practice shooting the minions to kill them (so your attack is the last attack needed to kill them) and when you aren't last hitting, if it's ok/safe to try and get an auto attack on the enemy.
    Also a big thing is to learn to play with an unlocked camera. It should really help you in the long run. I will tell you this though, if you have any form of Autism (like me) the locked camera mode is just about the only way you can function. But if you don't, never lock that thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I would make it a point to try all the different lane roles at least 5-10 times each. Top Lane, Middle Lane, Support, ADC(bottom lane) and Jungle. Get a feel for them, and then stick with the ones you like, get good at it, and then move onto your next favourite.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by OCDFreaK View Post
    Just some questions if you can answer that would be great
    Hi, i`m sure u`ve been answered already but i`ll make my best to clear things even more for you

What makes these lanes you see in game? What differentiates top from middle from bottom?
    The lanes are the paths the creeps that respawn take.
    On a 5v5 'standard' map, which is the most commonly played, there are 3 paths the creeps take, one going top, the other going dyagonally which is the middle and the one on the bottom.. which is bot.

What is jungle?
    The neutral creeps spawn in between the lanes in "camps". Whatever is in between the lanes is the jungle.

Which lane best for new guy?
    You could start on bottom, since there are always 2 people there, and also supports.

Any must have champions? I'm assuming jinx since she is how I even heard about the game (dat meme be everywhere)
    No must have champions, there are always good ones on the rotation you can try, my advice is not spending points unless you really think the champion you played is irreplaceable or you couldn`t live without it.

Should a newbie worry about the masteries and runes?
    You should watch some videos on that, but only after getting comfortable playing some heroes, since they are usually hero-related

Maybe I'm fluking but I'm having lotta luck with Leblanc the damage and mobility is simply amazing once ap starts rolling in

Difficulty is said to be high on this one but I'm loving it hehe.

Best thing to do is just try lots of champions and find ones that you seem to mesh well with. The free champion rotation is a great resource for this, as you can try them without buying them, and only pay (with IP or RP) for the ones you really enjoy.
    Eat until you're full, sleep until you wake,
    laugh until you cry, love until you die.