Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't want our mastery to be related to TeB anymore though. I hate that design. TeB should be something you're looking forward to generating and consuming. Our damage shouldn't be solely reliant on TeB. I don't want extra chances to generate TeB nor do I want its duration to be longer.

I'd prefer seeing a baseline damage increase mastery or something that smooths the playstyle a bit more. Kind of like Vwells suggestion.

I'd be okay with something similar to MW multistrike where RSK has a chance to not go on CD. Encompass it to FoF too, and increase the damage by both with mastery and we're good.

Then reduce TeB from 60% to a lower % to compensate.
    Atrael@Turalyon Formerly- Pride/Elv@Azuremyst, Ysera, and Turalyon.

Enhanced Enhanced Roll - You roll now travels +x% further

would still be more useful than current mastery.

Keep it the way it is. Then add a % chance to refund chi per amount consumed (1=20%)(10 TeB restores 2 chi) on next chi spender. might be too op though

Mastery now increases the +dmg% buff to RSK. Would make mastery alot better and lets us offset our nerfs.
    Last edited by Bruemoon; 2015-02-02 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruemoon View Post
    Mastery now increases the +dmg% buff to RSK. Would make mastery alot better and lets us offset our nerfs.
    This is an awesome idea, baseline mastery makes rsk the % it is now, and more mastery increases the percentage. Love the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    I really don't want our mastery to be related to TeB anymore though. I hate that design. TeB should be something you're looking forward to generating and consuming. Our damage shouldn't be solely reliant on TeB. I don't want extra chances to generate TeB nor do I want its duration to be longer.

I'd prefer seeing a baseline damage increase mastery or something that smooths the playstyle a bit more. Kind of like Vwells suggestion.
    To continue off of this I really don't like how TEB feels random and unable to time with perfection. Perhaps Blizzard likes that design because then our cooldown usage because much less obvious and more able to be timed (You would be able to pretty much calculate how many stacks you're going to get at X fight on a patchwerk) and maybe Blizzard wanted to avoid WW being this generic CD based class hence why they avoided giving us a NORMAL CD (Xuen is really awkward, Serenity even more so)

Mastery could just be a Combo Breaker % chance for a free RSK or something and that Combo Breaker: RSK would give a second debuff and the debuff damage % would be based on how much mastery you have.

So if you had X Mastery you would have a X*Mathstuffhere% chance to proc Combo Breaker: RSK and the debuff applied is X*Mathstuffhere% damage increase on target. I know that seems very generic and seems a bit strong and very proc reliant to do lots of deeps but idk what else I can think of right now. Heck the Combo Breaker Proc could be the same % as Combo Breaker: Blackout Kick & Tiger Palm.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    Maybe since WW are based on speed and mobility having a mastery that increases attack speed and decreases cd's?
    Dunno if they would wanna have AoC 2.0 for us built in. On the other hand if Rune of Re-Origination became base line for us... That would kick butt.
    Last edited by jazzyy; 2015-02-02 at 07:08 PM.

We had Combo Breaker as our mastery at the start. It kinda sucked. I'd rather not have an ability proc tied to mastery again.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by lpskater4886 View Post
    If the buff to tiger Palm does indeed stay in, I would like to see something like this.

Mastery: Combination Strike
    Using two different chi spenders in sucession causes the second chi spender to deal X% increased damage.
    Combo Breaker chi spenders also cause X% increased damage.

This would make our rotation more interesting as well as making mastery significantly better.
    This is a great idea, though I doubt they'll do it mid-expansion if their mindset for 6.1 is any indication.

Weave TPs and BoK, but skip the TP if you used a RSK or FoF last (e.g. BoK -> RSK -> BoK; BoK -> FoF -> BoK).

With ChiEx, you'd use TP to drop from 4 Chi to 3 and do a 3 ChiEx.

For many target AoE, this wouldn't be a big increase, but WWs aren't exactly hurting for AoE right now. It would still be handy for RSK, and it might be used with 5 or 6 Chi to do a TP -> 4 ChiEx depending on how the number are tuned. It maintains its value when cleaving targets that are spread out, which is one of WW's specialties. Other classes have Masteries that are especially good for ST or AoE but not both, and this certainly wouldn't be the worst offender.

Of course, I'm spending way too much time thinking about some random forum suggestion, but I think this is a really great one. I'd love if Blizzard stumbles upon this idea and implements it someday, even if it's not in the near-future.

We indeed need a new mastery but i don't understand people whining about TeB needing to be changed etc... this is the WW signature, this is why they are unique. If you guys want a more standard "3 min CD" you are probably not playing the proper class ... I like the gameplay of my monk the way it is, really not the issue here...