Deleted

Was Brawl the only solution or was there anything else that could have saved me?

So, I was playing Control Warrior and met a Mech Mage. No Fiery War Axe on starting hand, no removal, I had an armorsmith, a Sludge Belcher and Ragnaros.

I skip turn 1.Turn 1 the mage sends a Mana Wyrm. I draw Harrison and play my Armorsmith.Turn 2 the mage plays Mechwarper, coins a Snowchugger and plays a Clockwork Gnome. I draw a Death's Bite and use my Armorsmith to kill the Clockwork Gnome. Turn 3 the mage plays a Yeti. Turn 4 and I draw Baron Geddon, I play my Death's Bite.

From there on out I was kept frozen the entire time, put my Belcher in play, got my Shield Block but didn't get anything interesting out of it (Acolyte of Pain), no Executes, no Whirlwinds, no Shield Slams. Turn 7 I was at 1hp so I suicided with Baron.

Could I have done something different or was Brawl my only way out?

Edit: I also had 1 or 2 Shieldmaidens in hand. I remember playing 1 of them, not sure about having a 2nd one.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-01-30 at 10:16 PM.

Mech Mage with draws like that pretty much counters Warrior unless you have Fiery War Axe.. The game is just over. Brawl could have saved you, but you would still be quite far behind by turn 5.

So yeah Mage ain't auto win for a Warrior anymore, just try to get that War Axe next time.

As above, your mulligan was very bad for the matchup... Brawl would have slowed the aggression a fair bit, but likely you'd have been frozen until the turn after, so he probably would have still had one minion on the board... even then if it was SNowchuger you probably wouldn't have recovered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    So, I was playing Control Warrior and met a Mech Mage. No Fiery War Axe on starting hand, no removal, I had an armorsmith, a Sludge Belcher and Ragnaros.

I skip turn 1.Turn 1 the mage sends a Mana Wyrm. I draw Harrison and play my Armorsmith.Turn 2 the mage plays Mechwarper, coins a Snowchugger and plays a Clockwork Gnome. I draw a Death's Bite and use my Armorsmith to kill the Clockwork Gnome. Turn 3 the mage plays a Yeti. Turn 4 and I draw Baron Geddon, I play my Death's Bite.

From there on out I was kept frozen the entire time, put my Belcher in play, got my Shield Block but didn't get anything interesting out of it (Acolyte of Pain), no Executes, no Whirlwinds, no Shield Slams. Turn 7 I was at 1hp so I suicided with Baron.

Could I have done something different or was Brawl my only way out?

Edit: I also had 1 or 2 Shieldmaidens in hand. I remember playing 1 of them, not sure about having a 2nd one.
    What sort of Warrior are you? I have never seen one of theese.

He says on the first line hes control Warrior... he was playing a Mech Mage by the looks of it... you must have got confused there.

Maybe you made a bad mulligan decision, it might be worth to mention what you had. I currently run a cleave in my control warrior to counter early aggro, and it has proven to do wonder for me.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Maybe you made a bad mulligan decision, it might be worth to mention what you had. I currently run a cleave in my control warrior to counter early aggro, and it has proven to do wonder for me.
    Almost all minions MechMage has are 3+ hp, so it wouldn't help a lot to have cleave unless you had something like death's bite deathrattle or whirlwind. So basically adding cleave to counter MechMage.. Makes your deck weaker against MechMage. The magic number really is 3 against that deck(and most "rushy" Mage decks), hence why Fiery War Axe just is really really good against it.

Now what makes it really really hard to mulligan against Mage atm, is that you don't know if it's a MechMage.. There is like 5-6 different popular MechMage builds atm, but there are loads more that try to innovate a bit. Then there are the Freeze/Fatique Mages, Aggro Mages, Spell Mages, Secret Mage and probably something weird nobody has tought of yet. 1 thing that is amazing against most.. Fiery War Axe.

Deleted
    While Fiery war axe is nice and all. For some reason all the mech mages I have played against have Annoy-o-Tron at the right time, then snow chugga behind it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I had Acolyte of Pain, Shieldmaiden and Execute. I discarded everything because I really wanted my Fiery War Axe. The axe makes too much of a diference between losing and winning against these types of decks.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-01-31 at 05:42 PM.

Snow Chugga is deadly for Warrior.

If you don't get your axe early on vs a sticky rush deck like mech mage your only hope is to Brawl and pray.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.