Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Top dps whore on Brackenspore (using the flamethrower)

Hello! My ingame name is Svïnpäls and I play on Twisting nether in the guild Lycen Fél. I originaly wrote this for the hunters in my guild so i didn't really care about the spelling part (hopfully you will understand anyway) This "guide" isnt very orginized since it was just for the guildies but when i put everything in my mind on paper i wrote over 3500 letters so i thought why not post it here, it might help someone. I'm only 3/7 mythic but I consider myself a pretty good and experienced hunter. This is also my first post I make on any forum

I promise you that you will incrase your dps if there is anything in this "guide" that you arnt already doing!

When the flaming buff was buffed i did 50k dps in 669 ilvl (On hc, not mythic) (I'm not allowed to link anything but ill gladly send logs it to you if you add me)

(this guide is mostly for mythic or HC, but only if you solo burn)

If you don't understand something or if want to ask me about anything (maybe some other tips for other bosses(tho keep in mind im only 3/7 mythic)) or just give me any feedback or if you straight up disagree with me just comment Or you can add my battletag: Svinpäls#2513

Flamethrowing on bracken: What you want to do is to wait until you see a big clump of moss in one place = easier to flame a lot (This usualy happens after the first infecting spores).

When you start with the buring you should always use Aspect of the Cheetah and disengage into the moss (activate flamethrower while in disengage) giving you a slight traveling speed boost for maximum flaming.

When you are burning you should really abuse the fact that you can face a direction almost instantly with holding down rightclick.

If you have to walk the distance of 1 moss then cancel your flame thrower put a dot up on bracken (if you can) then reactivate your flamethrower to minimize the amount of heat you get so you can flame more.

Flame until you have 90-99% heat at this point you should have around 10 stacks

Start nuking the boss all you can untill you have about 50 heat then start flaming again (your stacks will be around 5 here) Try to never get below 5 stacks because it will mean that your dps wont be as high as i would be if you tried to keep it higher (never go below 50 heat)

Repeat this and your dmg stacks should increase as the fight goes, Ive had 18 stacks at max (180% dmg increase) If your trinket procs (the one from butcher or you are under a blue mushroom that will live for a long time) while you are at 14+ stacks i recoment you to just use your second pot to maximize damage

And since you are a hunter and you use keybinds you should ALWAYS dps when you can (it is worth to run out of sight from the boss if there is a lot of moss you can burn quickly)

Exploding mushrooms and tidal waves:
    The exploding mushrooms are extreamly easy to avoid so just keep buring if it happends.
    If the tidal wave is about to hit you: you are a hunter you can just deactivate the flamethrower - use detterence and activate the flamethrower instantly again. and run through the wave and take 0 dmg

If you somehow fuck up and are burning while infesting spore is going on and you have no way to get to the green mushroom in time, np you are a hunter you can detterence that shit aswell and not getting any stacks at all during the time of your detterence: you usualy survive with 4 stacks of infesting spore so just keep burning

Glyphs and talents: you might think that Posthaste is good, its not, its a lot better to have your deterrence on a lower cooldown and disengage on a lower cooldown since you want to disengage into the moss and when you are done buring you want disengage up again to jump to the boss faster, Deterrence is just a wat for you to survive so you can whore more on the burning.
    BARRAGE BARRAGE BARRAGE.
    And also lonewolf so you can dps while moving all the time (you will be moving a fuckton)
    Glyph of Pathfinding is really nice, gives you 8% more movmentspeed while aspect of the cheetah
    And glyph of aspect of the cheetah so you dont get dazed if you get hit by the breath.

What do you want to avoid?: Standing infront of the boss, the boss has a 100000000 range on his breath and it does 2 things to you: it removes your aspect of the cheetah and it kills you.

Most of the time there are 2 targets on bracken, bracken and the big add (Keep serpentsting on them all the time if possible)
    When sporeshooters spawn: get serpentsting up on all of them as quickly as possible (if you arnt burning, burning is always n1 prio for you) if the sporeshooters are stacked use 1 multishot (not more only to apply serpent sting) if they are spread just arcane shot them all. if they are stacked with the boss, throw down a explosivetrap aswell (its pretty underestimated) Also the mindfungus is also woth using 1 arcane shot on for serpent sting.

Your best Brackenspore DPS is 39.6k? o.o

Not discrediting your advice, it seems sound (if semi-obvious).

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Your best Brackenspore DPS is 39.6k? o.o

Not discrediting your advice, it seems sound (if semi-obvious).
    Look mate, we know you do 39k on Mythic Butcher, but OP is trying to contribute so lets cut him some slack :P

Deleted
    Unfortunaly i cant link you any logs but have only killed mythic bracken once and i felt a little unfomfterable the first time we killed it, i did 50k dps on a HC kill

Quote Originally Posted by Svinpals95 View Post
    Unfortunaly i cant link you any logs but have only killed mythic bracken once and i felt a little unfomfterable the first time we killed it, i did 50k dps on a HC kill
    Its very easy to avoid the link block...

Quote Originally Posted by Syncness View Post
    Look mate, we know you do 39k on Mythic Butcher, but OP is trying to contribute so lets cut him some slack :P
    Implying/assuming that the point of my post was to (somehow, without even saying it) brag is somewhat rude.

Deleted
    The "braging" was like a source for this to be some what legit afterall my main reason for this post was to help people who were progressing on Brackenspore.
    Last edited by mmoc62f7918d34; 2015-01-31 at 02:34 AM.

This is very bad advice for the flamethrower. The best way to do high damage on mythic brackenspore is to be very efficient and get as many stacks as possible with your first and second flamethrower cycles. If you do it properly you can get to 20 stacks on the first pass (Abner, the hunter with the #1 parse, gets to 22), and 30 stacks before the 3 minute mark. You spend the rest of the fight bouncing between ~22 and 30 stacks. Trying to rush the process by disengaging in and running around with the flamethrower on, burning all the available moss right away, and getting only 10 stacks out of it, is drastically reducing your damage. Other threads in this section give a lot more details on the right strategies.
    Last edited by Thursley; 2015-01-31 at 02:40 AM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    This is very bad advice for the flamethrower. The best way to do high damage on mythic brackenspore is to be very efficient and get as many stacks as possible with your first and second flamethrower cycles. If you do it properly you can get to 20 stacks on the first pass (Abner, the hunter with the #1 parse, gets to 22), and 30 stacks before the 3 minute mark. You spend the rest of the fight bouncing between ~22 and 30 stacks. Trying to rush the process by disengaging in and running around with the flamethrower on, burning all the available moss right away, and getting only 10 stacks out of it, is drastically reducing your damage. Other threads in this section give a lot more details on the right strategies.
    Are my advices bad because i estimate how many stacks you would get are low or is all of the post?
    Last edited by mmoc62f7918d34; 2015-01-31 at 03:02 AM.

Little confused by this thread, the OP said "When the flaming buff was buffed i did 50k dps in 669 ilvl (On hc, not mythic) (I'm not allowed to link anything but ill gladly send logs it to you if you add me)" Only problem with that is there is no buff on Heroic. You only get the buff on Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Little confused by this thread, the OP said "When the flaming buff was buffed i did 50k dps in 669 ilvl (On hc, not mythic) (I'm not allowed to link anything but ill gladly send logs it to you if you add me)" Only problem with that is there is no buff on Heroic. You only get the buff on Mythic.
    Before anyone replies. I want you to go in heroic, get the flamethrower, clear moss, and tell me what the tooltip says.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    When you burn the moss on heroic you get the same buff as mythic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Before anyone replies. I want you to go in heroic, get the flamethrower, clear moss, and tell me what the tooltip says.
    warcraftlogs.com/reports/JqbKhx9vNWt2LpT7#fight=30&type=damage-done

How was i ever able to do 50k dps then? :s

You get a weaker buff on Heroic. 10% to Mythic's 13%.

Quote Originally Posted by Svinpals95 View Post
    Are my advices bad because i estimate how many stacks you would get are low or is all of the post?
    The technique you use to get moss is not the best. Like Thursley mentioned, you want to click flamethrower on and off, and burn 2 patches per click. By the 2nd spore phase, you can get up to 20-22 ish stacks of burning infusion if you use that technique, where if you just run as fast as you can holding the flamethrower on, you will only get 10-14ish, along with much more heat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhayne View Post
    The technique you use to get moss is not the best. Like Thursley mentioned, you want to click flamethrower on and off, and burn 2 patches per click. By the 2nd spore phase, you can get up to 20-22 ish stacks of burning infusion if you use that technique, where if you just run as fast as you can holding the flamethrower on, you will only get 10-14ish, along with much more heat.
    Ohh, cool i'll try that out. thanks

Deleted
    Just a question where is the best place to start with flametrower on first time.I`m going to the far left part starting from closed door and so far still cant achieve more than 12 stacks.Tryed with both methods aka full burn and stop/start
    To OP can say that you do not need manually to stop flame to use deterrence just press it.Since i play SVV its good to create stopcasting macros on some of your abilityes if you want to spit some dot on something nearby till you falming(same is for Killshoting)
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-01-31 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Have extra action button hotkeyed.
    Head towards 3 patches in an L-shape, position yourself "inside" the L (i.e. not stood on the moss but with it on 2 sides of you).
    Flame on, sweep 3 moss patches, flame off. Do this on-the move towards another 3-patch L.
    Rinse, repeat.

Posthaste is great for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Have extra action button hotkeyed.
    Head towards 3 patches in an L-shape, position yourself "inside" the L (i.e. not stood on the moss but with it on 2 sides of you).
    Flame on, sweep 3 moss patches, flame off. Do this on-the move towards another 3-patch L.
    Rinse, repeat.

Posthaste is great for this fight.
    This is a great way for clearing moss, but the problem is if you clear it too quickly, it does not register. For example, if you are really fast with your sweep and clear all 3 moss, you may only get 1 stack of infusion. It's buggy. It's best to wait till about half your GCD is up, then switch to a second patch. You'll want to burn 2 patches per tick of flamethrower. Hotkeyed is essential.

To Zax, it doesn't really matter where you start as long as there's a ton of moss. You clear it soo efficiently using the method that I mentioned that usually you're ahead of the moss. We have one person close to the entrance to brack and one person far, and I think I'd recommend that.

Quck question as I may be asked to do moss tonight. Are you just hotkeying the Extra Action Button or are you using a macro? from what I remember reading, just clicking the Extra Action Button on/off wasnt working correctly.

This is a great way for clearing moss, but the problem is if you clear it too quickly, it does not register. For example, if you are really fast with your sweep and clear all 3 moss, you may only get 1 stack of infusion. It's buggy. It's best to wait till about half your GCD is up, then switch to a second patch. You'll want to burn 2 patches per tick of flamethrower. Hotkeyed is essential.

To Zax, it doesn't really matter where you start as long as there's a ton of moss. You clear it soo efficiently using the method that I mentioned that usually you're ahead of the moss. We have one person close to the entrance to brack and one person far, and I think I'd recommend that.
    You know what, I could'a swore the game was cheating me stacks, but everyone thought I was crazy...

Who's crazy now!!!