Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Meanwhile in the UK....we are considering arming our officers with tasers.
    I assure you, the UK has armed police units as well
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Liberal in the US = conservative in most other places.
    The world is a pretty dark place.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    And what makes you think this squad will make any difference whatsoever? Terrorist plots are thwarted by intelligence, not more guns.
    I was trying to be sarcastic, they are going to be spending probably close to 20 million a year to prevent 1 in 20 million people from dying. (which the odds are probably more like 1 in 40-75 million considering the original odds included both foreign and domestic attacks and more Americans have died in attacks overseas)

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Just looked up the average salary of a rookie cop in new york they make like 42k a year, guessing these guys will make slightly more so lets say 50k that only ends up being about 17.5 million a year(not counting equipment) and considering Nixx just linked an article stating the odds of an american dying to a terrorist attack foreign and domestic is 1 in 20 million, Id say this is a pretty good deal.
    A special tactical officer with extensive terrorist training is going to make a lot more then a rookie officer.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    A special tactical officer with extensive terrorist training is going to make a lot more then a rookie officer.
    What does terrorist training look like? If you see a roughly Arab looking person open their jacket hit the deck?

10+ Year Old Account
    What does terrorist training look like? If you see a roughly Arab looking person open their jacket hit the deck?
    Actually, in the army the troops are being trained specifically to deal with suicide bombers, and the training is "Have the closest guy tackle him, shielding the rest of his friends from the explosion"

No, I am not kidding.
    You're a towel.

I really do feel like we're building up to some kind of showdown between the general populace and the police. There is absolutely no reason in any part of any state in the US for the police force to have fucking tanks and rovers with goddamn miniguns on top of it. This isn't war torn Baghdad.

Unfortunately what's going to have to happen before people start realizing what a problem this is is for a bunch of protesters to be gunned down. And that's not be hoping it does or being in favor of it whatsoever. But our dumbass populace doesn't seem to come to its senses until they see a bunch of ridiculously-armed police shooting unarmed protestors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I really do feel like we're building up to some kind of showdown between the general populace and the police. There is absolutely no reason in any part of any state in the US for the police force to have fucking tanks and rovers with goddamn miniguns on top of it. This isn't the Middle East.

Unfortunately what's going to have to happen before people start realizing what a problem this is is for a bunch of protesters to be gunned down. And that's not be hoping it does or being in favor of it whatsoever. But our dumbass populace doesn't seem to come to its senses until they see a bunch of ridiculously-armed police shooting unarmed protestors.
    We are not going to have some revolt or something. That is waaaaaaay overblown.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    We are not going to have some revolt or something. That is waaaaaaay overblown.
    I never said a revolt. At best there will be a public outcry for demilitarization.

I said that it would take a massacre by the armed-to-the-teeth police before most of our dumb populace even pays attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Actually, in the army the troops are being trained specifically to deal with suicide bombers, and the training is "Have the closest guy tackle him, shielding the rest of his friends from the explosion"

No, I am not kidding.
    So pretty much what I said. Top lel

10+ Year Old Account
    So pretty much what I said. Top lel
    Well, its slightly more in depth than that; the training is pretty intense, they have a "Fake" base set up and have a "Work crew" coming in and it shows how to deal with foreign work crews, how to work with them to find the suicide bombers, and what to do if they do break free. They shoot to kill, and if you are so close you'll probably die anyway, you jump on the bomber :P
    You're a towel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    How long until all the police resemble these 350 guys with machine guns and long rifles, honestly? 5 10 years? You know it's coming.
    I can't wait for the dystopian hunger games future brought on by our overwhelming and crippling fear of TERROARISM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"