Thread: Mgtow

It's more the types who berrate people who don't share their exact opinion on some matters or who go out of their way to show examples of things for their agenda...

Or take someone's moment of glory and flip it into a lecture about sexism... seriously the shirt thing for fuck sake... between that, manspreading and the group of people trying to force guys to urinate sitting down... there are some fucking retarded people out there using a movement for some shitty goals.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I have, and she happened to be a professor at that. Boy was THAT a fun class -_-;;;
    A lot of professors let loose their biases to let you know what you should tailor your paper for.

I have, and she happened to be a professor at that. Boy was THAT a fun class -_-;;;
    Yeah I know, which I find really strange because I took women's studies classes and I still never had an experience like that. My women's studies professors were awesome.

Sounds like your prof might have had a mental illness issue tbh :P I base that on my vast experience pretending to be a medical professional on the internet

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Basically devolved into the usual MRA sympathizers versus rational people, irrationally wasting their time trying to argue with them.
    or not at all so.
    but your perception is set to filter out opposing views.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    or not at all so.
    but your perception is set to filter out opposing views.
    Something something stones something glass houses.

Deleted
    I view MRA types in the same way I tend to view Gamergate--support the cause but not as much the followers, mostly due to bad behavior/misogyny.
    yeah but you identify as a feminist never mind the misandrism and bad behavior?
    Double standards eh.

- - - Updated - - -

Something something stones something glass houses.
    well me and protar are having our discussion about the burden of proof in California's affirmative consent law, i only linked several times they way it does that and the explict citation of that, but i am irrational, somehow.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I know, which I find really strange because I took women's studies classes and I still never had an experience like that. My women's studies professors were awesome.
    Sounds like your prof might have had a mental illness issue tbh :P I base that on my vast experience pretending to be a medical professional on the internet
    im guessing your perception was so warped you didn't see it.
    Pop quiz did she ever mention rape ?
    did she ever cite a figure related to Mary P koss without prefacing it with "this is garbage"?

yeah but you identify as a feminist never mind the misandrism and bad behavior?
    Double standards eh.
    I don't think the misandry in feminism is anywhere comparable to the misogyny I see amongst those who claim to support men's rights.

Also, see my post above. Since you like bible quotes, its roughly akin to "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7:3

- - - Updated - - -

im guessing your perception was so warped you didnt see it.
    Just stop, I am smart enough to not fall for your crap. You are so biased in regards to your view on gender politics that you daring to claim that I am the biased one is just laughable.

The only 'experience' I have with MGTOW is seeing one guy on GameFAQs linking to the website after almost every post he makes along the lines of suggesting that one of the few female characters in a franchise ought to be beaten almost to death by the two male protagonists (her best friends), on no grounds other than the fact he ultimately hates women.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    The only 'experience' I have with MGTOW is seeing one guy on GameFAQs linking to the website after almost every post he makes along the lines of suggesting that one of the few female characters in a franchise ought to be beaten almost to death by the two male protagonists (her best friends), on no grounds other than the fact he ultimately hates women.
    There's a poster on these forums who is angry with feminists because he thinks they're the reason why the new character models in WoW look like crap (his words). It's pretty funny because he talks about it in almost every post...

Deleted
    I don't think the misandry in feminism is anywhere comparable to the misogyny I see amongst those who claim to support men's rights.

Also, see my post above. Since you like bible quotes, its roughly akin to "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?" Matthew 7:3
    the quote is mocking batman.
    i used to have that explicitly but that was apparently flaming.
    so readily discernible it took months for that to happen.
    And i don't give a shit, im not misogynistic, and whatever you like to pretend is misogynistic about the MRM, it doesn't alter the fact that they police that away better than most groups.
    Which brings us to the relative proportions of the dust and Plank.
    What group spouts the following 'teach men not to rape' which is misandrism, and a core part of the movement, and not something they get flack for saying.
    So maybe you are the one with the plank, and i dust?
    Oh and please make my responses to protars insistence at not seeing the effect of the law, 'irrational' Please do.

- - - Updated - - -

Just stop, I am smart enough to not fall for your crap. You are so biased in regards to your view on gender politics that you daring to claim that I am the biased one is just laughable.
    Oh lol.
    Fine do you believe in the 1/5 number?
    she was the pioneer of that number.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    People believe a lot of stupid things.
    yes people believe green paper carry an intrinsic value.

Deleted
    First time I've opened this thread. Oh lawdy.

On the plus side, these guys don't seem to want to father children or anything so it should be short-lived.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-02-01 at 09:18 AM.

What nuances?

It's a movement of people who think society, especially women, are oppressing men, so they're "on strike" and refusing to have anything to do with women, but in a hilarious twist, they're actually rewarding the people they're trying to spite, since they're generally misogynistic assholes nobody with a shred of self-respect would want anything to do with anyway.
    It's equally as stupid as feminism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    I find it funny the people mocking it are the same people who agree with most of the threads about modern feminism and don't blink an eye. They are two sides of the same coin.

Not a fan of MGTOW myself, but yeah, this is really funny.

"Respect female choices and lifestyles no matter what you think of them, you misogynistic assholes!"

"Wow, you don't want to have anything to do with women for at least a certain amount of time!? You misogynistic asshole!"

People want to have their cake and it it, too, and they admit that with a straight face.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    In their defense, I've not seen anything misogynistic about the movement. This really seems to be another case of "a male movement emulating one of many female movements, hence the men are sexist", sort of how when women started the "Man Spreading" page and then complained when men made "Women Who Eat On Tubes", calling said men misogynist for doing so.

Haha, oh yeah. That one was great. But that always happens. "If I do something, it's okay, but if you do something, it's sexist!".

Besides, eating on tubes is more of an issue than man-spreading, which is the whole funny part. Men have -- you know, external sexual organs, for one. The whole "manspreading" thing really is a testament to how radical feminism is founded upon the complete and utter lack of knowledge about men and how they perceive things, all while stating that those men are the ones who are close-minded and should be open to other perceptions.

But yeah, manspreading is pure, undiluted bull feces, and it's getting increasingly harder to believe the argument that feminists have a lot of legitimate stuff to fight for when, every time they are seen fighting for something, it's something as inane, and frankly, sexist as this.

Until this, no one complained about the many women who put their bags wherever they damn pleased, or crossing their legs in the way that took up the most space. Because it used to be a pretty popular, but totally radical (I mean, it requires actual human interaction, not anonymous hashtag slacktivism) solution to, you know, be a decent person and ask the person taking up extra space to change their position, put their bags on their laps/in front of them, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    Which, if we want to go down that road, we can then defame the entirety of the Feminist movement for the plethora of websites and organizations that are Feminist that say misandrist things? I understand people hate MRAs with a passion, but I wont hold them to different standards; I really don't have a horse in this race.

Hey, someone who is actually honest and isn't a hypocrite who measures two of pretty much the same things (only with genders reversed) with different rulers.

How rare. How are you, unicorn?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    LOL HOLY SHIT did you guys see this bit:

Completely lost my shit at the image of guys crashing a wedding to let the groom know of his wife-to-be's infidelity LOL

Yeahhh, me too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    By subscribing to a group "movement" like that, you're infact NOT going your own way.

This is also pretty true.

Deleted
    This has to be a joke right? I'm reading their site and it seems like someone set the whole idea up as a massive troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    I find nothing wrong with men saying they don't want a relationship like marriage with a woman, because generally no matter what men are screwed when when they get married. You all can say that majority of women don't want just money, but a huge amount most certainly do. Courts also still favor women when it involves marriage.

It's quite hilarious when men actually do talk about how things are for them and women feel they can just say "Ohh you have it soo easy" yet when a man says the same thing he's supposively misogynistic. If men don't know how it's to be a woman then women have no idea how it's to be a man, it should go both ways or the phrase itself is stupid.

This is also very true. Especially the "Oh you have it so easy" but. A lot of the radical feminists' actions are based on presuming to know better about what a man has to deal with, and measuring it up against what they have to deal with and saying "Well, I have it worse so I am oppressed!".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    This has to be a joke right? I'm reading their site and it seems like someone set the whole idea up as a massive troll.

I asked myself the same thing when I saw Tumblr. Yet here we are, with Tumblrist radical concepts seeping into the real world, and blatant idiocy and sexism like the whole "manspreading" shit being taken serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you like stop trying to rationalize blatant misogyny? I didn't say anything about statistically backed imbalances. Not wanting to submit to the traditional relationship paradigm is totally fine, but it doesn't demand hating women at all. That's entirely extraneous and independent of any criticisms about society's views on relationships. Like all of these other movements, they miss the entire fucking point and waste a lot of energy hating women, instead of doing anything useful, like actually speaking out against the gender role. Women aren't the enemy and all of these men's movements that draw that conclusion have failed to understand even the most basic shit of the situation society has created.

Imagine a bowl of M&Ms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    I think what most bugs me about this group, is that their "mission statement' if you will, is a mask for what their forum-going members are preaching.
    As a group they've decided to no longer form relationships with women, but the individuals attack women. These same people who revile the modern feminist movement are mirroring it to a T

Personally, if they are going their own way, I think they should also keep their hate besides them. So I agree with what you're saying. If you're bitter and jaded, go do something about it, and they have their own solution for it. But instead, a lot of them continue to still air their bitterness so blatantly, and I think that's a bit contradictory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Yeah, I didn't really get that much either.

According to some of them, I can't conform and appease a woman when I want da booty.

And I was all like "Fuckkk you, i'll do what I want". Isn't that the point of "going my own way with this shit?"

And then I got banned.

Snerk, okay, that is quite contradictory. Ahahaa. Wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats because our very being is irrational

.. But.. I think you're quite rational..

and also a qt..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    MGTOWS and MRAS don't exactly mix well.

And i'm sure they couldn't care less about what people think "men" are, given the premise of their circlejerk.

It's funny, because many MRAs consider MGTOWs the misogynists that they hate being compared to/associated with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Not a bad concept, but with the echo chamber, and ego stroking, nothing else seems to make it's way out

Since I'm all against echo chambers myself, all I can do is agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    First time I've opened this thread. Oh lawdy.
    I know right
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

15+ Year Old Account
    MGTWO is basically a country club feeling for people with poor self esteem.
    At least they are harmless.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    it really is.

Lol' yeah, due process for men, what a misogynistic notion.

im sorry, its you that cant fucking read.

or read this:
    http://time.com/3222176/campus-rape-...yes-means-yes/
    are you sufficiently spoon-feed?
    You're literally just quoting random phrases from the law which don't actually say what you mean at all.

Yes, the article you linked (which isn't the law itself, and also is clearly biased right from the opening line,) believes that the burden lies on the accused. But it points to the same part of the law as you did to prove that, and that isn't what that part of the law means at all. It does not explicitly state anything of the sort. What the law says is that during the sex act it is your responsibility to gain affirmative consent, and you must take reasonable steps towards this. If you don't do that, then that is no excuse. What it doesn't say in the law - is that if you do do those things, and are accused of rape anyway, that you will be found guilty if you can't prove your innocence. This is just fearmongering on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    ***Something about Yes means Yes***

Since you guys are still arguing about it, here is what Duke university made of the bill (and because the original bill is practically useless for any actual argument.)
    http://duke.edu/policies/students/un...misconduct.php

Edit: Also just out of curiosity, at least when it comes to safety regulations here in europe the burden of prove is on the manufacturer that he took the neccessary safety measures, because the laws are allmost all written in a way that require the manufacturer to affirm the safety of the product. What I read in various law blogs seems to be the same argument here, because the bill requires affirmative action. Maybe I'm missing the big difference though, but then again this is some bogus college court we are talking about, after a quick google search I'm not so sure these pseudo-trials should have any power whatsoever, because they often violate basic rules of conduct.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2015-02-01 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Since you guys are still arguing about it, here is what Duke university made of the bill (and because the original bill is practically useless for any actual argument.)
    http://duke.edu/policies/students/un...misconduct.php

Edit: Also just out of curiosity, at least when it comes to safety regulations here in europe the burden of prove is on the manufacturer that he took the neccessary safety measures, because the laws are allmost all written in a way that require the manufacturer to affirm the safety of the product. What I read in various law blogs seems to be the same argument here, because the bill requires affirmative action. Maybe I'm missing the big difference though, but then again this is some bogus college court we are talking about, after a quick google search I'm not so sure these pseudo-trials should have any power whatsoever, because they often violate basic rules of conduct.
    The biggest problem of your comparison is that you are comparing manufacturing = logical, rational, measurable to the consent of the human brain which is not always logical, rational and measurable, and even less so when it comes to the female brain. Consent can be given and taken at any moment of the process. A girl can sleep with someone and the next morning regret her actions and yell rape. That's why these kind of laws are dangerous.

Also since you are talking about manufacturing. Ever notice how hughe the paperwork is with manufactured products? Do you really want to write a 500 page document just to cover your ass making sure every detail on the action is described in full and then signed in 3-fold?

That is really the problem. You simply can't compare the two. In case of sexual relationships women need to be taught that they have responsibility for their actions, and that they can't just shove off all of their problems on regret/butt-hurt/jealous actions. Just watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-T0AgTyeQE

These laws are a mockery of real rape.