Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, as I would have absolutely nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    That would be WoD.
    I would argue that is WoW in general.

The story is a bad joke - which make questing a horrible chore since you don't give a fuck about what is happening. Gathering and crafting is a Fisher-Price toy compared to other modern MMOs.

So what else is there (apart from PVP; which I not much of a fan of either)?
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    No, even though I've been a REALLY active raidr in WoW, it has never been the most fun part of the game for me.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. The only thing I'm doing in WoW is raiding, so this wouldn't really be any different.

Id play it for sure since the only reason I play wow now is to raid.

Nope, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole - raiding is of no interest to me.

You mean monster hunter?

Deleted
    ofc.

That is all wow is to pretty much everyone I know in game

Deleted
    If they had nice looking characters with lots of customization and nice f2p-model, yea I wouldnt pay much for it but I could try it... think warframe with bigger raids, that would be fun

I would definitely try it if the raids had WoW level of quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    Looking For Raid: The Game

I can't see it being a hit.

He specified raid, not LFR. As in organised, guilded (committed), groups.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

What do you guys think? Would you play a game where you essentially enter a lobby, get a group together, then port off to an ICC? Or is raiding more like the "icing on the cake" for your MMO experience?
    Yes, of course. There is no object reason to not play a game based on gameplay.

There are lobby based game where the game world is instanced for groups or individuals. The concept is not unique and does have an audience.

Most of the radical-ness of your question, OP, rests on expectation in the context of a non-raid only MMORPG. However that is a faulty premise when asking about any method of gameplay abstractly. It's like asking would you play a racing game with no cars. The latter is a qualifier of the former.

I'd try it, but I think it'd get boring really fast.

The only thing wow does great is raiding. Everything else about wow pales in comparison to other mmos as far as questing, immersion, and exploration goes (ESO for example). Yet most people say they would not play a raiding only mmo....interesting.

Yes, as long as it was well made, and rewarding. I do like to pvp, so the raiding would have to be atleast 2-3 times better than wow, to get me to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But I would really be happy to play a questing only MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    With vindictus-style combat I'd say yes please.