Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    Yes, but that's also a problem. They are introducing all this stuff for you to spend your resources on, they don't want you to just be able to buy all the things willy-nilly. You know?

It sucks but I think that's probably why they changed it.
    Increasing the cost of Trading Post work orders does nothing address the fictional issues you and couple of other people keep coming up. since, for like the 3rd time, you can get all those free and easy resources with the Lumber Mill instead. In fact, Blizzard recently buffed the resources from Lumber Mill work orders. Previously level 1 and 2 Lumber Mills only gave 20 resources per work order instead of the 30 you get now.

So your assumptions about Blizzard wanting to reduce how quickly you amass resources is not based in reality or fact. Yes the Scavenger perk just got nerfed, but they are introducing missions that drop a much higher amount of resources at the exact same time. Nerfing the Scavenger perk was about balancing follower traits, and not to slow down how fast you acquire resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I would imagine it's similar to the PTR bug regarding rep mount costs.
    I sure as hell hope so. They switched the resource vendor from selling stacks of 5 to single stacks, so maybe something related to that change broke something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gathed View Post
    If that's the case whats the cost of the materials from the vendor? If they didn't change I don't see how you could make a profit (swapping one reagent for another) as that was blizzards intent with the building.
    Not a totally accurate statement. That vendor that shows up each day is random and represents one of the different WoD factions each day. The cost of mats from that vendor are directly related to your reputation with that faction. If your rep is not high enough, the cost of mats will actually be higher than the number of resources you get per order.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    Increasing the cost of Trading Post work orders does nothing address the fictional issues you and couple of other people keep coming up. since, for like the 3rd time, you can get all those free and easy resources with the Lumber Mill instead. In fact, Blizzard recently buffed the resources from Lumber Mill work orders. Previously level 1 and 2 Lumber Mills only gave 20 resources per work order instead of the 30 you get now.

So your assumptions about Blizzard wanting to reduce how quickly you amass resources is not based in reality or fact. Yes the Scavenger perk just got nerfed, but they are introducing missions that drop a much higher amount of resources at the exact same time. Nerfing the Scavenger perk was about balancing follower traits, and not to slow down how fast you acquire resources.
    You're right. It couldn't possibly have to do with the fact that you get the stuff for the trading post in your garrison whereas you actually have to go out in the world for the lumber mill, meaning that trading post resources are much easier to get.

Nor could it possibly have any relation to the fact that you can have a trading post AND a lumber mill. If they nerfed one but not the other then that definitely means that my hypothetis is a "fictional issue".

Furthermore the fact that now you can spend your resources on other things in the garrison means Blizzard would in no way want to make sure players are making smart choices with their resources, instead of just being able to do anything they want with them at any time.

Obviously, this is a fictional issue.

While it's possible that it's a bug, if it's an intentional change, that is my hypothesis as to why.

- - - Updated - - -

Not a totally accurate statement. That vendor that shows up each day is random and represents one of the different WoD factions each day. The cost of mats from that vendor are directly related to your reputation with that faction. If your rep is not high enough, the cost of mats will actually be higher than the number of resources you get per order.
    What? The vendor is random but it doesn't have anything to do with rep. The costs are static and only change based on vendor. One will have cheap herbs, one will have cheap ore, one has cheap leather, etc.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2015-01-31 at 06:56 AM.

Sig by Isilrien

Maybe it will help make gathering professions more useful/profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    You're right. It couldn't possibly have to do with the fact that you get the stuff for the trading post in your garrison whereas you actually have to go out in the world for the lumber mill, meaning that trading post resources are much easier to get.

Nor could it possibly have any relation to the fact that you can have a trading post AND a lumber mill. If they nerfed one but not the other then that definitely means that my hypothetis is a "fictional issue".

Furthermore the fact that now you can spend your resources on other things in the garrison means Blizzard would in no way want to make sure players are making smart choices with their resources, instead of just being able to do anything they want with them at any time.

Obviously, this is a fictional issue.

While it's possible that it's a bug, if it's an intentional change, that is my hypothesis as to why.

- - - Updated - - -

What? The vendor is random but it doesn't have anything to do with rep. The costs are static and only change based on vendor. One will have cheap herbs, one will have cheap ore, one has cheap leather, etc.
    Yes, your assumptions are based on fictional scenarios in your head. First off, people don't run both a Lumber Mill and a Trading Post on one toon. Second, me farming lumber for 20 minutes in an area devoid of other players 99% of the time serves no legit purpose. Also, if they really wanted us spending more time "out in the world" they would never have come up with Garrisons in the first place. The Trading Post is not limiting social interactions with in the game, especially since the majority of players run a Lumber Mill anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Maybe it will help make gathering professions more useful/profitable.
    Too bad almost everyone has dropped gathering professions already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, your assumptions are based on fictional scenarios in your head. First off, people don't run both a Lumber Mill and a Trading Post on one toon. Second, me farming lumber for 20 minutes in an area devoid of other players 99% of the time serves no legit purpose. Also, if they really wanted us spending more time "out in the world" they would never have come up with Garrisons in the first place. The Trading Post is not limiting social interactions with in the game, especially since the majority of players run a Lumber Mill anyways.
    First: just because they don't, doesn't mean they can't.

Second: Okay? What does that have to do with anything? I never said a thing about limiting or encouraging social interaction.

Sig by Isilrien

But why would they have to change this? Blizzard never make any incorrect design decisions that later require changing. They have access to all the knowledge about the game and its players, and have a design team that perfectly understands how to make things.

I think this is down to the players. They are playing the game wrong and messing things up. Why do they always do this, and break the perfect things Blizzard makes?

Oh, and this could get interesting; forcing players back out into the world to gather when they still don't have flight. I can't see that going wrong at all.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The scavenger change works along with the fact that they're raising the GR rewards from those missions. I've seen a few of them and it works out to be pretty much the same either way. I've seen this several times now: Scavenger on live with a mission that rewards 100GR=300GR. Scavenger on PTR with a mission that rewards 150GR=300GR. Questionable as a real nerf if that's how it's going to work.
    Yeah but scavenger stacking will also be nerfed afaik. Currently there is a mission that returns 1225 GR with 3 scavengers, that's not too shabby.

oh well that will be like 1-1.5 k resources less weekly - doesnt affect me really since most of my alts have 5-6 scavengers which start to hit epic slowly already and all buildings up - 1 less work order to fill on all alts so i guess it will be 5 minutes saved eveyrday feel sorry for people starting to build alts garrisons and lv up alts followers though.

OK, the sky stopped falling today. As of right now its back to only asking for 5 mats per work order on the PTR. Yesterday when I made this post it was asking fro 20 Crescent Saberfish Flesh, but right now it's only asking fro 5 Blackrock Ore. Maybe it was a bug they hotfixed right away, or maybe it was only for the fish flesh. Hard to know without an official word from Blizzard.