Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post
    I'm still not sold on the Air Compressor idea. I use Air at work, and all of the Air Compressors I have ever owned, used oil. Shooting that all inside your computer? No Thanks.

I would never own an oil-less compressor, as it adds to wear and tear on the tools. Imagine an impact used over and over with no oil, eventually it's going to dry out and turn into a piece of scrap metal.
    That's simple to solve, just add a moisture trap in the line. They are like $30.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YuneKirby View Post
    Yeah. I use one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Vacuum-E...sin=B001J4ZOAW

Works a lot better than canned air and doesn't run out.
    i will second that, have one myself it doesn't shoot air at quiet the pressure a can of air will, but it gets the job done, the company also has higher psi / ESD(electrostatic discharge) safe models that are a lot more expensive //shrug//

i use that one though, it works well. I'd be hesitant to use a real air compressor on any electronics... remember, though blow jobs are good for computers, but if you're to rough your computer will go on the fritz.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    One thing to mention here:

If you have carpeting, get your computer OFF the floor. Most of the dust in a carpeted space comes from the carpet itself.

While this may seem obvious to some, it's not to others

Ahhh, the good old Canada tax in action. After conversion it should still only be ~76 CAD before anyone asks

get air dust destroyer and a vacumn inside

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Vacuum cleaner and an air compressor is how we cleaned them back when I worked for a retail pc repair shop.
    Yes, you should always use a vacuum in conjunction with cans of compressed air. Otherwise, the dust just blows out into the room and you breath it in and the computer will suck it back up eventually.
    Last edited by darxide; 2015-02-02 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    Yes, you should always use a vacuum in conjunction with cans of compressed air. Otherwise, the dust just blows out into the room and you breath it in and the computer will suck it back up eventually.
    Or you can take your system outside and do it.
    :::: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d w/ NZXT Kraken Elite 240
    :::: MSI Meg X670E Tomahawk
    :::: 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 6000mt/s CL36 DDR5
    :::: Samsung 512gb 960 PRO m.2 nvme ssd (OS), Samsung 1TB 950 EVO ssd
    :::: Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
    :::: Windows 11 Pro

10+ Year Old Account
    Vacuuming a PC?????? Really? Are you guys crazy? LOL

If you worked at a business that does that, and you pass it onto the average user, you should be slapped on the forehead.
    Computer businesses normally have special vacuums for that ordeal.

The act of vacuuming alone with a conventional vacuum creates a static field, which can discharge into the electronics.
    Let alone the risk of damaging the connections or total suction of SMD components.
    Solder joints aren't laid out to withstand some serious pull motion on the object, which is exactly what you can cause with a vacuum.

Good lord... Take the damn thing out of the house and blow it out with air. Either compressor or can will do.... For the compressor, make sure your nozzle is isolated and can't cause any harm either.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an air compressor for it, don't know the model, but it's electric.

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwner View Post
    Ahhh, the good old Canada tax in action. After conversion it should still only be ~76 CAD before anyone asks
    http://www.ncix.com/detail/metro-ed5...l-10-73297.htm bit cheaper but not by much. I got mine from them.

I just use my hair dryer on high setting and cool settings on my PC. I take it outside, weather permitting, and blow it out. Takes like 15 minutes total and I do it every month, sometimes a month and a half. It gets the job done for me =).

I can't vouch enough for this vacuum. I use it at work and at home, never have any issues and have been nothing but pleased with it.

A thin, soft brush and a vacuum cleaner works as good as any of that fancy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The act of vacuuming alone with a conventional vacuum creates a static field, which can discharge into the electronics.
    Let alone the risk of damaging the connections or total suction of SMD components.
    Solder joints aren't laid out to withstand some serious pull motion on the object, which is exactly what you can cause with a vacuum.
    You use the 'hose' part, usually with the brush extension.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2015-02-03 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Vacuuming a PC?????? Really? Are you guys crazy? LOL

If you worked at a business that does that, and you pass it onto the average user, you should be slapped on the forehead.
    Computer businesses normally have special vacuums for that ordeal.

Good lord... Take the damn thing out of the house and blow it out with air. Either compressor or can will do.... For the compressor, make sure your nozzle is isolated and can't cause any harm either.
    They are called canister vacs with extensions. I set mine to the lowest setting meant for cloth and drapes.

I use combination Metro Vac + Air compressor + waterpik that I use 100% isopropyl with.