Are "anti-male" & "anti-white" sentiments on the rise? Is Tumblr becoming real life?

I'm sure we all know about groups on Tumblr and Twitter dedicated to "white privilege" and third wave feminism, but how prevalent are people like this in our society and youth culture? Needless to say, there are no official statistics on what percentage of the population hold white men (or men in general) in contempt. From encountering Tumblrists in real life to the Ferguson riots, are anti-male and/or anti-white sentiments on the rise?

I've always thought that groups like this were hilarious and only represented an infinitesimally small fraction of people (largely limited to Tumblr). However, I've been seeing more and more "down with the patriarchy!" people in real-life and they're almost always terrible human beings. It's pretty disconcerting to encounter these people in real life. It's like encounter a real life Nazi, it's something that shouldn't happen on an even semi-regular basis.

Is anti-male and/or anti-white sentiment on the rise? Or perhaps more importantly, are these groups becoming somewhat "accepted" in mainstream culture?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2015-01-31 at 06:47 AM.

What does Che Guevera have to do with feminism other that he would become a feminist in order to get dates, much for the same reason he became a communist.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Tumblr just gets more attention than it deserves and makes more noise than it should.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

I actually find it a lot more interesting to observe the reaction of predominantly white male groups reacting to these kinds of prejudice. And after visiting 4chan couple to times, I also find it oddly satisfying.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

10+ Year Old Account
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.