Thread: Dying Light.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Is it a free DLC patch lots of new content/story elements?

My GF and a few friends and I played it a lot and really enjoyed it. I was disappointed with the lack of extra content tbh. Hopefully the big patch solves that. I also enjoyed rushed around at night its an entirely different game (Day time is just lollololol time as its easy)
    It's essentially a whole new Dying Light, taking place in a more open area and granting you the use of a buggy to drive around in. The previews make it clear the buggy is not just useful for getting from town to town but can be used to distract the undead.

I don't think it is free, though, unless you bought the Season Pass for Dying Light (which I didn't). I bought the original game when it was 50% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It's essentially a whole new Dying Light, taking place in a more open area and granting you the use of a buggy to drive around in. The previews make it clear the buggy is not just useful for getting from town to town but can be used to distract the undead.

I don't think it is free, though, unless you bought the Season Pass for Dying Light (which I didn't). I bought the original game when it was 50% off.
    Not fussed about free if its a huge content update with a buggy and lots of new stuff and areas im more than happy to pay for their work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Not fussed about free if its a huge content update with a buggy and lots of new stuff and areas im more than happy to pay for their work.
    From the in-depth previews, it looks to definitely be worth every penny. It improves upon the original game with legendary levels (250 levels) with new gear, abilities, enemies, locations, tools (the buggy) and a completely new zone as big, if not bigger than the original game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The updates to the base game are free, but the new zone is part of the DLC.

From the in-depth previews, it looks to definitely be worth every penny. It improves upon the original game with legendary levels (250 levels) with new gear, abilities, enemies, locations, tools (the buggy) and a completely new zone as big, if not bigger than the original game.
    wow think its out on the 9th Feb so will certainly get on that

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't know is whether or not the main storyline must be completed.

I finished the main quest but then I wanted to go back and redo it all with all side quests, so I deleted all of my saves

The cool thing is, that by redoing it, I've managed to level up much faster than before. I've already got my grappling hook and a few key abilities and I haven't even come close to Old Town yet.

Also, if you haven't done them, Quarantine Zones are not only an amazing amount of survivor experience but just a great way to work out some adrenaline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 5 more days until The Following

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone played the following and have anything to say about it? :S

Ya im curious too. I loved Dying Light and wouldn't mind paying 20 bucks for the DLC if its a good amount of gameplay time.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

The world is bigger than both parts of Harran. I would say that alone makes it worth it. Im buying the shit out of it when I get paid Friday. Can't wait looks like a ton of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a few hours in.

So the good:
    It's really sweet to have legendary levels once you exceed 25, and it's really nice to see reputation and the new driver tree for driving around. Bounties are fun to undertake for rewards, and there are tons of little random survivor events that, sadly, are predictable most of the time. Lots of new weapons and a really huge area to explore. Air drops return, and they also add to your reputation. And, if you eliminate volatile nests there will be less of them at night to fight if you want to go for that nighttime air drop. Finally, you can even compete in buggy races!

The bad:
    The buggy is 100% utterly necessary. The map scale is different, and something that feels next door can be 1 to 2km away. Controlling the buggy early on is super difficult, it seems, as I am forever smashing into things. Although I haven't reached a point where it outright stops working, it does make it more difficult to ride. The need to stock up on fuel is a neat addition, I suppose, and adds a sense of danger to driving. Still, the constant need to get in that stupid thing and drive around the roads (because there is always a lot of things blocking a direct route) can start to wear you out.

The problem, though, is that the scale is so huge that most of the area is completely empty. It feels like they made a giant map and threw a few things in it, but sold it on the idea that the map is really really big. When you remove the empty space there isn't that much. I'm only a couple of quests in and I've already completed 49% of The Following's story.

Still, I'd say if you're a fan of Dying Light, it's worth getting. The legendary levels, the bounties and repeatable quests, random events, and the co-op buggy races are pretty awesome.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any new guns? That was one of my main disappointments with DL. You had two type of generic rifles, a hand gun and a double-barreled shotgun.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2016-02-09 at 10:26 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Any new guns? That was one of my main disappointments with DL. You had two type of generic rifles, a hand gun and a double-barreled shotgun.
    There are a lot more guns. Machine guns, more pistols, a few quieter ones. I've only picked up a couple so far, and they're more useful. Since you're out in the open, you don't always attract virals with every noise.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds great! Also, I don't know if it was a bug in DL but I always picked up weapons with the same damage regardless of level. Do they scale with your level like every other type?
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Seriously though, Dying Light is one of the better Zombie Survival experiences out there. As for the zombie games dying out, i very much doubt it, being part of the horror genre at least. Recycled COD FPS shooter Games are more in need to die out though.
    Agreed. Most of the old game tropes need a breath of life in them, though that won't happen as long as sales continue to happen. As soon as people stop buying games like "Call of Duty: Here's some 'new' maps" they'll stop making them. Frankly, the companies realize that people are too stupid to not purchase the exact same game with different pixels over and over again, so they're just sitting back making a mint on very little creativity and next to no innovation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    That sounds great! Also, I don't know if it was a bug in DL but I always picked up weapons with the same damage regardless of level. Do they scale with your level like every other type?
    No, they've never scaled. As your level goes up you have a higher chance of getting more powerful stuff, but even at my level (24), a pipe is still 36 damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Threw first points into Bow damage increase (+200% atm) and oneshotting Demolishers with my Crossbow on hard difficulty.

A bit disappointed how fast we get to max. reputation rank. Having fun doing those race-challenges with my brother tho.

I'm a few hours in.

So the good:
    It's really sweet to have legendary levels once you exceed 25, and it's really nice to see reputation and the new driver tree for driving around. Bounties are fun to undertake for rewards, and there are tons of little random survivor events that, sadly, are predictable most of the time. Lots of new weapons and a really huge area to explore. Air drops return, and they also add to your reputation. And, if you eliminate volatile nests there will be less of them at night to fight if you want to go for that nighttime air drop. Finally, you can even compete in buggy races!

The bad:
    The buggy is 100% utterly necessary. The map scale is different, and something that feels next door can be 1 to 2km away. Controlling the buggy early on is super difficult, it seems, as I am forever smashing into things. Although I haven't reached a point where it outright stops working, it does make it more difficult to ride. The need to stock up on fuel is a neat addition, I suppose, and adds a sense of danger to driving. Still, the constant need to get in that stupid thing and drive around the roads (because there is always a lot of things blocking a direct route) can start to wear you out.

The problem, though, is that the scale is so huge that most of the area is completely empty. It feels like they made a giant map and threw a few things in it, but sold it on the idea that the map is really really big. When you remove the empty space there isn't that much. I'm only a couple of quests in and I've already completed 49% of The Following's story.

Still, I'd say if you're a fan of Dying Light, it's worth getting. The legendary levels, the bounties and repeatable quests, random events, and the co-op buggy races are pretty awesome.
    hmm few hours and ur already 50% done with the story? dying light story took me like 35 hours to complete. sad if this story is only less than 10
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    hmm few hours and ur already 50% done with the story? dying light story took me like 35 hours to complete. sad if this story is only less than 10
    To be fair, it could be the final half takes much longer than the first half. Since the first half is all about getting a meeting with the cult, it goes quick.

Also I am finding there are a lot of side quests to handle.

Actually, I think the story % is bugged. I just completed one side quest and I have like 20 more left, and I jumped from 55% to 70%

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I think the story % is bugged. I just completed one side quest and I have like 20 more left, and I jumped from 55% to 70%
    Yeah, went to play this morning - game told me that I have done 90% of the story, been playing whole day and it's still 90%.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, well - got story done.

End: Two different endings, didn't really like neither of them. I decided to go with the vials and apparently went to another town as sentient volatile, and my brother chose the other one.. arming nuclear weapon and killing everything there.