Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

How are we looking in Blackrock???

Hey guys, just wondered what you guys thought about the way windwalkers/mistweavers are looking in blackrock? I still think the nerf to our single target dps was stupid and should be a reduction on SEF instead. I have considered re rolling just because we always seem to get nerfed uneccasarily. Dont get me wrong ive played monk for like 2 years and love it but sick of constant nerfs tbh. Then again i wouldnt know what to go with if i did switch. I dont care if ww are supposed to be top damage etc in blackrock because i believe 90% of it is skill anyway but im worried we are going to be very lackluster and i think our tier 17 bonuses compared to some and mastery really do suck.... anyway whats your thoughts?

Deleted
    our set bonuses are fine, nothing ground-breaking nothing terrible. Obviously our mastery still sucks, no surprises.

According to latest sims we are the overall worst performing class (assuming each class is playing it's optimal spec) on single target, not sure how much the tiger palm buff will remedy that, either way it's probably not enough, on the bright side there's a decent amount of bosses we'll be able to make use of our cleave/aoe, which should make us worthwhile still.

Deleted
    Yeah thats what worries me the most, single target damage is very depressing lol! Not sure what class is top at the moment i was trying to check the logs earlier to see top single target specs but couldnt find out. I'll stay monk most likely anyway just interested to know if you can help?

10+ Year Old Account
    With the exception of some clear outliers we're actually not in a terrible position.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiocyanide View Post
    With the exception of some clear outliers we're actually not in a terrible position.

yeah that's with the tiger palm update i believe, which has remedied it a bit

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm somewhat confused how you can look at the sims and say we're not in a terrible position (from sims) on a patchwerk single target fight.
    16th of 26 specs, 36th percentile in terms of all specs, below average.
    10th of 11 classes, with only Paladin's below us. Even if you consider Feral/Boom and Ele/Enh seperate bc they are Melee/Ranged, we're 11th of 13.
    15% off the top specs, 5% off the average (thats acceptable IMO)
    Warriors, Mages, DKs, and Druids can all play any spec they want and still do more dps than us.

Sims are no way the optimal way of looking at comparing classes, looking at data from WCL is enormously better, but if we're talking about sims, then Priests, Pallys, and Monks are all close to the bottom of the barrel.

I'm not switching from my monk unless my guild requests it, and I'm in no danger of losing my spot, but based on the information presented, WW, Shadow, and Ret can't be happy with their position in the sims.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm somewhat confused how you can look at the sims and say we're not in a terrible position (from sims) on a patchwerk single target fight.
    Because we're within 10% of the majority of specs with the exception of some clear outliers, and fights aren't typically tuned with bringing 13 Arcane Mages in mind.

I didn't say it was a great, or even a good position. I said it wasn't terrible. Which it's not.

And hey, 2H and 1H are dead even! That's a fantastic position to be in, in that regard only.

Deleted
    I do think that 90% of the damage comes from skill, the part that worries me is wlogs that we are no where near the top of the damage. Literally no where near! Only other class ive considered is priest as i heal from time to time and also mage for pure dps as they both geared and ready. Cant decide though

10+ Year Old Account
    Because we're within 10% of the majority of specs with the exception of some clear outliers, and fights aren't typically tuned with bringing 13 Arcane Mages in mind.

I didn't say it was a great, or even a good position. I said it wasn't terrible. Which it's not.

And hey, 2H and 1H are dead even! That's a fantastic position to be in, in that regard only.
    Terrible is obviously subjective, and I love that 2H is a little better; thats the way it should always be. But most would consider 2nd to last for classes not good at all. However, WW is only simming 5% away from the average, which is about as great a balance as we've ever seen, so I'm not terribly upset with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thatch7 View Post
    I do think that 90% of the damage comes from skill, the part that worries me is wlogs that we are no where near the top of the damage. Literally no where near! Only other class ive considered is priest as i heal from time to time and also mage for pure dps as they both geared and ready. Cant decide though
    Obviously skill is the biggest factor, but spec balance and gear set the ceiling for how high you can get, and currently WW has the 2nd lowest ceiling. No one can tell you what class to play, but if you want to compare classes, WCL is the best place to get information from: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6

10+ Year Old Account
    All we have to go on for Blackrock is the current sims.

Can't wait for Chi Explosion to be implemented. Really wondering what the actual difference is between it and Serenity.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoydberg View Post
    Damn i thought it would've had a bigger impact then a 16 times used ability with just 19k dpet.

Heard ppl got 30k tp with a gear not even close to a T17M level.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    I love that 2H is a little better; thats the way it should always be.
    It's easier to get and cheaper to use a 2H, don't understand why it "Should always be" better than dual-wielding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixxis View Post
    It's easier to get and cheaper to use a 2H, don't understand why it "Should always be" better than dual-wielding.
    Because lore-wise monks use staffs. There are significantly less classes on 2H agi than 1H agi, so to balance gear usage it would be better to have Monks on 2H.

Deleted
    Can't wait for Chi Explosion to be implemented. Really wondering what the actual difference is between it and Serenity.
    What change to ChiEx are you talking about? I think I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Because lore-wise monks use staffs. There are significantly less classes on 2H agi than 1H agi, so to balance gear usage it would be better to have Monks on 2H.
    Lore wise monks use a variety of weapons. I think DW should be ahead by 1% because of the increased cost/loot requirement. Basically have it as close as they are but DW on top. Generally I find polearm and especially staff models aren't designed well when compared to 1H models. There are some good 2H models out there (my favourite is still heroic screaming tiger) but most just look stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juliansfist View Post
    Lore wise monks use a variety of weapons. I think DW should be ahead by 1% because of the increased cost/loot requirement. Basically have it as close as they are but DW on top. Generally I find polearm and especially staff models aren't designed well when compared to 1H models. There are some good 2H models out there (my favourite is still heroic screaming tiger) but most just look stupid.

Technically speaking, Monks never used weapons "lore wise" Monks originated from rune masters whom had a deep connection with nature. Our powers from that and from which we was shown a little light on during one of the quest lines in MoP we actually was taught to use our mind and in turn our bodies as weapons.

Hence why we kick with our feet and not with our swords and jab with our fists and not with a stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoydberg View Post
    no it's not. They haven't updated 6.1 changes into simcraft. They just added set bonuses.

- - - Updated - - -

Notice by how the simcraft still uses chi wave. And tiger palm crits for 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherix View Post
    Technically speaking, Monks never used weapons "lore wise" Monks originated from rune masters whom had a deep connection with nature. Our powers from that and from which we was shown a little light on during one of the quest lines in MoP we actually was taught to use our mind and in turn our bodies as weapons.

Hence why we kick with our feet and not with our swords and jab with our fists and not with a stick.
    I was thinking about monks in general - I could not care less for WoW-MoP lore.

For the sake of argument though - wouldn't it have been nice if monks planted the polearm/staff vertically and did a kind of pole-vault jump boosted RSK?

Deleted
    The increased TP dmg on PTR for WW was not intended, so I think we can disregard that.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...95529447895041

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydd View Post
    The increased TP dmg on PTR for WW was not intended, so I think we can disregard that.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...95529447895041
    u wot m8 i am fine with our pve position its totally fine imo, but pvp is kind of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz