Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lydd View Post
    The increased TP dmg on PTR for WW was not intended, so I think we can disregard that.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...95529447895041
    Well that is just outright depressing....

OT: I think MWs are fine, plenty of AoE-healing fights - Rip Fistweaving, fuck that ChiEx "change"
    WW is a whole nother story that I'm not even going to get in to because it just makes me mad...

Tiger Palm was nerfed to a value LOWER than before the buff.

I don't even...

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Tiger Palm nerfed now? Or is it the bugged value nerfed to what it is now on live?

Startropic
    Simple Math - US-Andorhal
    Windwalker Monk

Compared the datamined numbers, it was lower than on live.

Deleted
    So your telling me that we have now been nerfed again! FFS what the hell are they doing! we are one of the worst single target damage dealers why are these nerfs happening all the damn time!

Deleted
    Hahaha you couldn't make it up.

Buffs TP on PTR to end the nerfs streak......just before going live reverts it to continue the streak!

Deleted
    I lost my faith in Blizzard, Mages are the top spec again (Like always) while Windwalkers suck donkey balls in ST.

I can only shake my head at that, i would say that monkeys are responsible for the balance, but even they wouldn't fuck it up that badly and it would be just insulting to them. I'm serious here, they should replace the balance team with a bunch of monkeys, we would probably see a better game then.

Man, i wish i had first world problems like the Mages, 3 top dps specs and i don't know which one to play, boohoo.

The excuse about Monks being cleave fighter is just insulting, this doesn't mean we have to be the worst in Singletarget.
    Last edited by mmoc103c9f4382; 2015-02-04 at 03:54 PM.

I'm just sitting here. I don't even know how to react other than to just keep trucking. Literally every single spec I enjoy playing is in the bottom half of sims. Every single one of my alts...my entire playstyle is garbage right now. Just gotta keep putting one foot in front of the other and hope that buffs eventually come.

As for the question, my guild (2/7m) took like a half-group in and did some normal pulls just to get a feel for things ahead of our actual raids on Saturday/Sunday. We 1-shot Gruul with ease, then took like 12 pulls on Oregorger. We then did one pull on Blast Furnace just to see what it was like, because that was all we had time for.

Gruul is standard patchwerk. Roll makes getting into/out of position for Shatter really easy. Oregorger is miserable, but I think it's miserable for everyone. Make sure you don't use Fist of Fury until after he's thrown his little stun shard thing and it's gone off -- the impact of the shard with the ground does a small knockback and will interrupt FoF. Furnace should be okay for ChiEx as long as you're smart about what adds you SEF. Seems like it'll be an absolute nightmare for Serenity.
    Last edited by Ceridwyn; 2015-02-04 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    i just killed 7 BRF non heroic bosses and most bosses i got stomped by either rogues or warris which have like 99% of dmg on one button at those fights..
    our so called "strong" aoe sef imba cleave doesn't is overtuned at all. actually i could dominate those guys on twins and brackenspore easy but atm i feel like this content is dmg-wise frustrating. didnt see all encounters yet but most no chance to compete in meters which is most fun for me. mb i'm failing at something...? dunno -.-

Eh, did a good chunk of BRF heroic today too and I just felt like I was lacking in comparison to the other raiders. Didn't feel nearly as bad in Highmaul as it does now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Went Mistweaver in Heroic Blackrock (Gruul, Hans'gar and Beastlord down), and I was doing just very slightly behind other healers but that's only because my ilvl is at least 5 lower than the second lowest. I'd say MW are doing just fine.

Roll/Dampen is a godsend in Hans'gar and Franzok.

My guild got gruul and oregorger down and we got heart of the furnace to third phase.
    I performed in the middle with my guilds dps on gruul, we got him down after one wipe. Some folks weren't around for TBC and it was taken for granted people know how shatter worked causing one wipe.

Oregorger was weird. We pulled him by accident after trash because he spawned right on top of us after clearing the last pack. I found having to both interrupt while keeping track of an interrupt rotation, dodge exploding spikes, and perform all my rotation a bit hard at first coz it's been a while since I've had to deal with a mandatory perfect interrupt sequence, but we got it down. The rolling phases were annoying particularly on that one box right down the south of the room where he can roll a huge distance in one go, caused a few wipes. I performed middle of the pack again in damage.

Heart of the furnace was a really fun fight and one I love playing even though we didn't get him down yet. Managing streaming adds as WW is fantastic, with SE&F, ChiEx and RJW because we're constantly doing damage to 4+ targets at a time. Lots of room for crowd control use as there's no real "skull" bosses who can't be CC'd for the majority of the fight. I actually got to remove my FoF glyph and get the stun back! Lots of ToD's to use. Very happy to play WW there, tough fight though.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Monk being in crappy spot at this point is like the least shocking thing ever.....I said over a year ago that Blizz won't let a class like monk be near the top simply because its the least played class and they don't complain loud enough for them to care. Thankfully I had the foresight to re-roll before WoD but I feel bad for all the ones who stuck with it while trying to remain competitive :X

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Monk being in crappy spot at this point is like the least shocking thing ever.....I said over a year ago that Blizz won't let a class like monk be near the top simply because its the least played class and they don't complain loud enough for them to care. Thankfully I had the foresight to re-roll before WoD but I feel bad for all the ones who stuck with it while trying to remain competitive :X
    Well, they nerfed us while buffing mages to ridiculous levels. No reason monks can't be competitive, everything just feels mediocre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post

Heart of the furnace was a really fun fight and one I love playing even though we didn't get him down yet. Managing streaming adds as WW is fantastic, with SE&F, ChiEx and RJW because we're constantly doing damage to 4+ targets at a time. Lots of room for crowd control use as there's no real "skull" bosses who can't be CC'd for the majority of the fight. I actually got to remove my FoF glyph and get the stun back! Lots of ToD's to use. Very happy to play WW there, tough fight though.
    Please don't use RJW ever, it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lobselm View Post
    Please don't use RJW ever, it's bad.
    I'm not going to stop testing talents out just because random people on forums call it bad. I really think for some of these fights RJW can have a shot at being decent again, just because chi explosion is soooo slow and is a chi hog.

Chi explosion is fantastic on prolonged cleave but RJW has the benefit of continued single target+serenity or even chi explosion as well. I'm willing to TRY different things out in a new raid tier, even if it ends up being wrong.
    Last edited by Happyducky; 2015-02-05 at 08:13 AM.

Nothing new here. We are pretty much medicore. Rogue, Warriors are in a so much better spot. We have to min/maxing pretty hard to get even numbers, we have to do a lot of micromanagement and they press often just one button (no offense).

If you like the gameplay, play monk. If you like the numbers, time for a reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyducky View Post
    I'm not going to stop testing talents out just because random people on forums call it bad. I really think for some of these fights RJW can have a shot at being decent again, just because chi explosion is soooo slow and is a chi hog.

Chi explosion is fantastic on prolonged cleave but RJW has the benefit of continued single target+serenity or even chi explosion as well. I'm willing to TRY different things out in a new raid tier, even if it ends up being wrong.
    Its not the point in stop testing, Draenor Leveling perk for SPK makes it better than RJW. He just didnt explained why he simply said "Dont use it."

So, went 5/10 heroic yesterday with the guild. While I was never bottom of the meters DPS wise, I was never able to top the meters either. Even on bosses where I thought I might be able to shine (Darmac, Hans/Franz) were rather disappointing.
    The one thing I keep asking myself is: "does blizzard think that monks are in a good spot right now?"
    Because if so, we're pretty much screwed. I don't think I will be able to justify my own mythic raiding spot (which is pretty bad, since I'm the melee officer in my guild). So for a decent mythic progress, we might have to reroll, which I think is just terrible terrible balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    Its not the point in stop testing, Draenor Leveling perk for SPK makes it better than RJW. He just didnt explained why he simply said "Dont use it."
    I still don't buy it, since RJW allows for aoe while continuing the single target rotation. Sure the perk is nice, but I'm not convinced it makes an entire talent useless. Perhaps it simply hasn't had a situation to shine yet.

I'm not trying to bring this thread off topic, I just find "don't use this it is bad" is a terrible attitude to have for a new tier especially if we are underperforming. I'm going to try everything I can.
    Last edited by Happyducky; 2015-02-05 at 10:19 AM.

Deleted
    Not too experienced with that simcraft stuff, but why exactly aren't Mistweavers in that chart? Or Holy Priests and Shamans