Deleted

Computer won't turn on.

Hey guys, for some reason my computer won't turn on but the sad reality is I wasn't the 1 using it when it decided to break.

Basically I came home from work this morning and my computer was on as were my 2 screens and they were showing the motherboard boot up menu (black screen, press F buttons for options Etc) but when I tried pressing the F buttons nothing would happen, like the computer has frozen. So I turned the power off, and now it won't turn back on.

1 added detail, I believe when my younger sister turned my computer on the power button got stuck and so my slightly younger than I am brother took the front off of my case and pushed the button back out, could this have done anything bad? Bearing in mind I've done this myself a few times when the button gets stuck in the case.

Thanks.

Added information, when the computer was turned on and the button got stuck the green power light came on but the computer didn't boot up as normal, power was on but the screens stayed black.
    Last edited by mmocfcc53be431; 2015-01-31 at 03:51 PM.

The problem could be related. A good first step would be to see if it boots up from scratch. If you haven't tried it yet, unplug the computer entirely from the wall and let it sit for five minutes or so; it shouldn't take that long, but some power supplies retain energy for a long time after the computer has been unplugged. Then plug it back in and try to turn it on, see if it can cold-boot that way.

Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps?
    Super casual.

Deleted
    its fixed now, for some reason the power button just started working again, im going to guess its faulty/tempermental.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though!