Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I have not seen the movie but I cannot stand Mila Kunis. Her and Tatum are horrible actors. It shows that if your good looking and no talent gets you far in Hollywood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartuck View Post
    It's okay-ish if you don't have high expectations. I personally dislike Channing Tatum as an actor and it's a shame he'll be playing Gambit in the next X-Men movie.
    Jump Street and Foxcatcher says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Although not a popular opinion, I liked aliens 4 the best as an all around movie.
    I also really really liked Alien 4. Definately spooked me the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I saw it. It's terrible.

Poor action scenes, acting, writing and cinematography. Pretty shallow too.
    Good to know, it looked awful from the trailer. The Wachowski bros are a one hit wonder, just like M. Night Shyamalan
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    bad reviews..... most people left the theater.....
    On other forums, people tried to defend this movie by calling the Sundance crowds "snob". I think that if it was say Guardians of Galaxy. That they would have not walked out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I have not seen the movie but I cannot stand Mila Kunis. Her and Tatum are horrible actors. It shows that if your good looking and no talent gets you far in Hollywood.
    well by that account, you'll watch a movie every 5-10 years. i personally think the movie looks good but you never really know until you actually watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Jump Street and Foxcatcher says hi.
    News Flash: Popular grossing movies does not me Tatum can act. He was actually very dry in Foxcatcher, carried by others. Tatum helped write Magic Mike which actually had good dialogue and better direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    well by that account, you'll watch a movie every 5-10 years. i personally think the movie looks good but you never really know until you actually watch it.

A movie "looks good" its a good movie? Whatever floats your boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't typically pay attention to other people's reviews. Waterworks got bombed, but it is one of my favorites. Everyone has their own tastes. I really want to see this, and probably will next Monday. It's a toss up between that and Seventh Son, which apparently also comes out this week. The difference being the theater closest to me doesn't have seventh son for some reason. My roommate and I would have to go to the other side of town to see it. Which we aren't apposed to, but it is a factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Ok, some people wont like this film. So here is how you can tell if you will like it or not.

Do you like Anime? Yes / No - if no do not see this film
    Do you like Classic Disney? Yes / No - If no do not see this film
    Did you Enjoy all of the the following films Matrix Trilogy, Speed Racer, Cloud Atlas? Yes / No - If no do not see this film

If you answered Yes to these questions, you will enjoy the film, and will want to talk to others who also enjoyed the film, since there are some really cool universe building ideas in that movie.

Apparently, the movie is a huge flop already. Raking in only 51 mil of a 149 mil budget. And it is being panned widely.

My company did focus groups for this film. Test audiences were not enthused.

I actually thought it was fun. Way better than The Seventh Son that I watched last week (that one was really horrible).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Kinda looks like Warhammer 40K, if 40K's target audience was 14 year old girls honestly.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I love scifi films, even the bad ones, but i'll skip this movie cause of Tatum. There are no words how much i hate him and his shitty acting. Those fake ears and his goat face on the poster makes me pounch the monitor every time i see it.

Deleted
    I loved the visual concepts, design and all the small characters from the supporting cast. Also, Sean Bean.

But the plot, the main characters (not only heroes but also the baddies) were so bad, that I would definitely not add this movie to my collection. Disappointing work after the Matrix and Cloud Atlas.

I guess they wanted to avoid the "Neo Messias" thing in creating the "queen of the universe" main character - but it just went in the wrong direction. Some characters in the movie say, that this girl is too clever, but she is so stupid, it's unbelievable. *sighs*

I thought it looked fairly bad last summer, and then they pushed it back to this month, I figured they'd just box it up, but the new trailers made it look like it was different, but the last set of trailers was the same shit we saw last summer. I love Mila, but this looked so bad. I'll netflix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I saw it. It's terrible.

that concerns me.

i love sci-fi, but there were elements to the trailer and movie in general that really made me want to wait until it hits Netflix down the road, but now I may skip it altogether
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

I saw it. It's terrible.

Your first 3 words are absolutely laughable, this movie has revolutionary action scenes, they are fucking amazing. Cinematography is top notch as well, just acting and some really retarded story details drag it down.

No one should believe what the person I quoted says, if in doubt go watch it yourself. I had a blast watching it, if only for the amazing action sequences on imax.
    Last edited by Rikhart; 2015-02-11 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    this movie has revolutionary action scenes,
    How so? I'm just curious I love action movies, and I tend to read reviews of fellow action lovers...all of them I know, people who I agree with 90% of the time, say the action in Jupiter Ascending is boring(and nothing in the trailer is remotely impressive). So as someone who disagrees, what makes the action scenes "revolutionary" in your eyes?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rikhart View Post
    Your first 3 words are absolutely laughable, this movie has revolutionary action scenes, they are fucking amazing. Cinematography is top notch as well, just acting and some really retarded story details drag it down.

No one should believe what the person I quoted says, if in doubt go watch it yourself. I had a blast watching it, if only for the amazing action sequences on imax.
    Yeah that's just not good enough. Sorry, but it takes more than pwetty pictures to make a good film.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw it. It's terrible.

I wouldnt say its terrible. The action scenes, and cinematography were great. Mila Kunis was fine. Channing Tatum was just bad... but then again, hes a pretty bad actor, only getting 21 jump street fine, and that wasnt acting, (oh and his cameo in this is the end).

The writing for dialog was pretty bad, but thats not that bad, since most garbage we get now a days is bad writing. The actual story is pretty good. It was just condensed for a 2hr 30 min movie, and then over simplified. I love space operas, but with space operas, they are typically very complicated stories, which makes the reader interested. For this, they were barely touched on, making the story feel either very simple (for people like myself), or for slow people, not understandable.

As someone that likes space opera, I happened to like the movie, even with its cheesiness, and a few terrible actings. (the villian is trying to best impression of both marlon brando and voldemort's accent). But if you cannot follow simplicity at its easiest, and get bored easy if explosions are not happening all the time (ala michael bay), then this movie is not for you. Its not an "action" movie, yes it does have it, but thats not the main thing about it. Its not star wars or the matrix.

the best they could have done was make 2 movies rather than condensing everything into 1, there were so many plot points that were not addressed (like the dragon aliens) that many of the things were left unanswered. Think Dune... so many plot points that were addressed, yet, alot were left, and that large novel was condensed into a 3 hr movie... what they did right, was the miniseries.

But since the film bombed, I am kinda sad. I liked it. Everyone I went with liked it.