Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Jupiter Ascending.

It comes out at my city's cinema next week now I have no idea what it's about beyond the trailer but I am looking forward to it. I'm a big fantasy, sci-fi fan so this movie appealed to me right away. Anybody else? Love or hate it?

I saw it. It's terrible.

Poor action scenes, acting, writing and cinematography. Pretty shallow too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I saw it. It's terrible.
    that's a shame. I really want to see a good new sci-fi flick

Deleted
    It's okay-ish if you don't have high expectations. I personally dislike Channing Tatum as an actor and it's a shame he'll be playing Gambit in the next X-Men movie.

I saw it. It's terrible.

Really? Poor scenes and cinematography?

The scene in the trailer where she climbs a marble balcony overlooking thousands of her people looked pretty bad ass. So did the alien ships.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Interstellar was recent unless you don't think it's good ofc.

Love your avatar. I'd love an alien remake none of that prometheus shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Interstellar was recent unless you don't think it's good ofc.

Love your avatar. I'd love an alien remake none of that prometheus shit.
    I saw Interstellar, I liked it although a tad long.

Yeah, Aliens is probably my favorite movie of all time.

I saw Interstellar, I liked it although a tad long.

Yeah, Aliens is probably my favorite movie of all time.
    Although not a popular opinion, I liked aliens 4 the best as an all around movie. But, Alien for suspense can't be beaten, and Aliens (2) for action was awesome.

If looking for a Sci-fi to watch, I have found many missed the boat on a movie called Pandorum. It was an entertaining sci-fi movie.
    Last edited by slime; 2015-01-31 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Although not a popular opinion, I liked aliens 4 the best as an all around movie. But, Alien for suspense can't be beaten, and Aliens (2) for action was awesome.

If looking for a Sci-fi to watch, I have found many missed the boat on a movie called Pandorum. It was an entertaining sci-fi movie.
    That movie's concept was so cool but by the end it felt like the movie didn't really go anywhere. Felt as bad as Snow peircer which had a good concept but again really failed to capture me.

Looks as bad as John Carter. I'll give it a shot when I can download it but definitely won't be watching it in the cinema.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I saw it. It's terrible.

but.... I like dogs.

I saw it. It's terrible.

Well damn. I was hoping the Wachowskis would finally break that damn M. Night streak they've got going. Or should M. Night's bad movies be called the Wachowski streak... hmm.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Deleted
    I saw it. It's terrible.

Arh damn:/
    A surprise Sundance screening also got pretty bad reviews...Really a shame, had high hopes. Really enjoyed the sci fi parts of Cloud Atlas.

The red flags were there. It was supposed to be released last summer as a blockbuster, and then its gets pushed into a month that normally doesn't get this type of movie. This film also had a lot of reshoots because the execs just didn't like the direction of the movie.

Not surprised if it ends up being a mess.

We [my company] ran focus groups for the film. Most audiences panned it as "boring" or "didn't make sense".

It was a sensible story, plot is really cheesy. But yea, I agreed it was boring. Acting was atrocious, dialogue laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Well damn. I was hoping the Wachowskis would finally break that damn M. Night streak they've got going. Or should M. Night's bad movies be called the Wachowski streak... hmm.
    You didn't like Cloud Atlas? Thought it was damn good, just another release with really poor timing. I believe it was released the weekend that Hurricane Sandy hit and was the focus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw it. It's terrible.

Welp, I expected as such, too much shine but no spark, or whatever the fuck the expression is.

The previews make it look pretty awful. I'll wait for Netflix to get it.

Don't know much about the movie or the books other than that it seems to be Twilight in space.

I have not seen the movie but I cannot stand Mila Kunis. Her and Tatum are horrible actors. It shows that if your good looking and no talent gets you far in Hollywood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    Arh damn:/
    A surprise Sundance screening also got pretty bad reviews...Really a shame, had high hopes. Really enjoyed the sci fi parts of Cloud Atlas.
    bad reviews..... most people left the theater.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.