Deleted

Question A couple questions regarding haste vs mastery and direct healer choices

Hello,

I have read numerous times, as also here in the druid guide, that haste is considered the superior stat for hot heavy healing.

I now tinkered around with my enchants and compared numbers between 70 haste neck enchant and 70 mastery neck enchant.

With the mastery enchant, my rejuvenation actually showed higher healing numbers in the tooltip, while harmony is up, compared to the haste enchant.
    Are haste extra ticks not included in the actual tooltip healing summary ?

Secondly, I am currently looking for a healing alt to my druid. Particularly, I am looking for a direct healer with burst potential, basically the opposite of the druid, I would like to have the ability burst health up in large heals.

Now with mastery, I would think that the shaman is the prime candidate here but have actually found that, while they do not use them much, disc priest single heals are also quite potent. Paladin is not my cup of tea, no matter what though I have to mention.

Hope somebody can give me some more pointers.

Deleted
    Haste is so good for hots because of getting the benefit twice; hots ticks faster and you can use them faster because of your faster cast time (or in this case faster GCD). I think you get the highest per-cast rejuv if they actual % values for haste and mastery are exactly equal. So if your gear is haste heavy already, adding mastery nets you a higher rejuv.

@2: Well paladin with wings is pretty bursty. Other than that, yeah, shaman can get pretty numbers when the stars align. Try earth shield + heavy mastery on low hp + unleash weapon (talented) + HS.

Quote Originally Posted by calcifar View Post
    I now tinkered around with my enchants and compared numbers between 70 haste neck enchant and 70 mastery neck enchant.

With the mastery enchant, my rejuvenation actually showed higher healing numbers in the tooltip, while harmony is up, compared to the haste enchant.
    Are haste extra ticks not included in the actual tooltip healing summary ?
    That's an excellent way to evaluate gear and enchants. Best way to do it is in Proving Grounds, so you get all the buffs, and by casting the spell and manually sum all the ticks, disregarding multistrikes and halving critical hits. Tooltips are not always accurate.

Tooltip values on rejuv should scale to Haste, but if you have enough Haste compared to Mastery, trading Haste for Mastery can improve even HoT healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Tooltip values on rejuv should scale to Haste, but if you have enough Haste compared to Mastery, trading Haste for Mastery can improve even HoT healing.
    However, that would require something like 1600 more haste than mastery (from gear, before buffs).

@OP: If you are interested in a very detailed explanation of haste vs. mastery, see http://iam.yellingontheinternet.com/...te-vs-mastery/
    Last edited by Thalur; 2015-02-02 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    I just realized I made a mistake, for rejuv the break-even point for haste vs mastery is not exactly the point where their % are equal. Due to the instant tick at the beginning it should be shifted slighted towards a higher haste %.
    For WG I get the perfect scenario where haste% = mastery% results in the highest WG.

Btw: I don't find the thread right now, but I was told (here, in one of the recent discussions) that the haste aura is a 5% buff to haste scaling, while I was convinced it is just a flat 5 percent points of haste.
    Maybe the proving grounds buff is different from the player available haste buff, or the charscreen values are way off, but for me it brings my haste from 20% to 26%. Which would work out to be flat +5% haste AND 5% rating conversion buff. /edit; a multiplicative 5% haste buff would net the same results. The ingame charscreen is not a big help here... Naked in PG = 5% charscreen haste, naked in garrison = 0% charscreen haste. That tells me it's a multiplicative 5% haste, that just gets added to the normal haste in the charscreen, although it works multiplicative and not additive. Am I wrong in this conclusion?
    Some people might wanna double check, if they base their spreadsheets on haste aura = buff to haste conversion.

/edit: For my charscreen % to break even, I have 400 more haste than mastery, including the proving ground buffs.
    /edit: I never realized that RG glyph forces RG multistrikes to crit. The more you know :3
    Last edited by mmocb77704d67b; 2015-02-02 at 04:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Maybe the proving grounds buff is different from the player available haste buff,

Which would work out to be flat +5% haste AND 5% rating conversion buff.
    That is how it works, flat 5% + 5% of your haste from gear, the mastery buff works different though [and its lower in pg's i'm sure] its 550 points which is ~6.25% regardless of how much mastery you have

EDIT: As for OP the tooltip numbers are wrong [and on top of that dont change with harmony], try disc if you dont like holy-pally [as that would have been my suggestion]
    Last edited by mmoc0f35fe6efc; 2015-02-02 at 04:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady84 View Post
    That is how it works, flat 5% + 5% of your haste from gear, the mastery buff works different though [and its lower in pg's i'm sure] its 550 points which is ~6.25% regardless of how much mastery you have
    Which should be the same as a multiplicative 5% haste buff. Oh god, I pity the poor fella that has to fix the charscreen and tooltips one day haha
    You're right, PG uses a 458 mastery buff. Weird.