Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wash them once a week with the rest of my laundry. I do shower every day but other than that I don't make any effort to avoid bacteria or sanitize anything. And I haven't been sick at all for over 3 years now.

I throw my towels out after each use.
    After reading Jayburners shower thread I wonder how often he washes his towels.

Usually use two towels (one for my hair and another for my body) that I use twice or 3 times after hanging them out to dry.

We throw our towels in the hamper after each shower. We never reuse a towel between laundry. I have a four shelf linen closet right in the bathroom for the express purpose of stocking towels, toilet paper, baby supplies and the hamper. It's there for a reason.

Hand and face towels I toss in the hamper every 2 to 3 days. I don't like when they look dingy. Having read the article it is shocking to me people reuse their bath towels between laundering. Fucking gross to the max.

I do laundry every 5 to 6 days depending on baby factors- unexpected puke and poop explosions.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2015-02-01 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    We throw our towels in the hamper after each shower. We never reuse a towel between laundry. I have a four shelf linen closet right in the bathroom for the express purpose of stocking towels, toilet paper, baby supplies and the hamper. It's there for a reason.

Hand and face towels I toss in the hamper every 2 to 3 days. I don't like when they look dingy. Having read the article i's shocking to me people reuse their bath towels between laundering. Fucking gross to the max.

I do laundry every 5 to 6 days depending on baby factors- unexpected puke and poop explosions.
    My kid is almost three, so we're clearing that in a hurry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    My kid is almost three, so we're clearing that in a hurry.
    My son will be 8 months. There is still a lot of puke and poop around here.

weekly or so.... depends on if i think about it or not
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    After 3 times? Fuck you, no way I'm doing that.

I'm a unique person and I use two separate towels, one for my upper body (one side of the towel for face and other side for torso and hair) and one for lower body. It's a good way to prevent drying your face with your ball sack. Also wash them once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Moltentank19 View Post
    It's a good way to prevent drying your face with your ball sack.
    Wait till you like 90 and you can do that for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Doesn't look too big. Maybe?

500x100
    50 KB
    This is how big it looks on my screen. Maybe its me? http://i.imgur.com/ljW5jF7.png

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I throw my towels out after each use.
    After reading Jayburners shower thread I wonder how often he washes his towels.
    Every 6 months probably =P

They get washed every time I dry off with them, don't they?

Deleted
    I can't believe people use them once and wash them, this seems borderline maniac to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a unique person and I use two separate towels, one for my upper body (one side of the towel for face and other side for torso and hair) and one for lower body. It's a good way to prevent drying your face with your ball sack. Also wash them once a week.
    The way I do it is that I use the side of the towel with the tag to dry my head/upper body and the other side for my lower body.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems like this should be broken into a two-parter. 1) If you always do your own laundry, how often do you wash your towel, and 2) If your SO or a parent does your laundry, how often do you wash your towel? Personally, I do all of the laundry for a family of 4. If someone used a towel just once and threw it in the hamper I'd be hard pressed not to make them eat it.

Usually every few days, about 4 if I had to pick a number; it depends on the amount of use and the laundry I have to do.

I don't understand the sanitary reasons behind washing a towel after each use. I would think it's quite the opposite of healthy living; not as bad as using a seriously dirty towel, but not good for the body either. Human bodies are supposed to come into contact with micro-organisms, quite a lot are part of the body's natural ecosystem; they are good for the body to have; hence why excessive washing is a bad idea as well (for example it can result in small cracks that can cause infections). And even the presence of potentially harmful bacteria is not always a bad thing, it's a way for the body to build self-immunity towards those organisms; it's how the body gets stronger naturally. Trying to sterilize your body is pretty much wrong; you are just making your self weaker; it's not only children that should be free to go play in the dirt, most people, unless suffering from a special condition, should be less obsessed about minor bacteria, and more about major infections that can occur. Your towel, if you are using and keeping it properly will rarely have anything extremely harmful upon it, relax and try to live naturally a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by paxx0r View Post
    I use the towel one time before i wash it, i thought this was the common way, apparently not...
    Same. I don't think I could use one more than once, sounds gross to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M4D View Post
    I can't believe people use them once and wash them, this seems borderline maniac to me.
    It sounds like an American thing, even in this thread and this particular example, the Americans are the ones doing this and noone else thinks it's even on the radar of reasonability. They have a similar thing with bedsheets don't they? I don't change my bedsheets more regularly than 2-4 weeks, closer to 2 in summer and 4 in winter (even that's a stretch, very rarely does it hit 4 weeks). Exceptions being after I bring home a girl from a night out unless it's like a regular thing with her or they just need changing.

It's just unnecessary and so wasteful of both energy and water.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I hang up three in the bath. I use them in rotation. An wash them every two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What? Was funny as hell, some random immediately referring to her as "goddess"
    Guess I'm some random