Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    :/ don't really see the point of running two disc even with your example, most of the damage is avoidable except for quake
    What, the majority of the damage in the fight is UNAVOIDABLE AoE:
    Quake AoE
    Interrupting Shout
    Enfeebling Roar (also magnifying the rest)
    Pulverize 1 and more relevantly 3

All of these abilities are entirely unavoidable. This means Quake Fire, Pulverize 2, Charge, and WW are the only avoidable raid mechanics and they occur in less frequency, 4 vs 5, then the raid wide AoE. This also assumes your raid perfectly handles quake fire, ER, and all parts of pulverize every single time, which rarely occurs.

These abilities cycle quite frequently (literally 60-90s). Assuming no overlap and casting 10 PWS per ability thats 50s with PERFECT timing and minimum GCD and only casting PWS, not doing anything else and we are talking about a literal hacked stats robot. In reality a single Disc priest, not close to GCD or a robot, shields ~ once per 2.2-2.5 secs at best over the course of an entire fight (butcher in this case so near ideal circumstances). For simplicity 10 shields/ 24s or at best half the raid per AoE event on Twins.

So 2 disc priest greatly reducing AoE damage for the entire raid on the fight, namely on ER and Pulverize where the damage matters/stacks with other abilities quite frequently. Pulverize, namely stacking with ER, AV, or Quake, is the real raid killer as its pure burst meaning effective health > healing, whereas Quake is easily healed over time with minimal threat to a player of dieing. On other fights where the AoE is lower damage or the entire raid isn't taking AoE every 30s, yes 2 disc is just pointless, but Twins is a near ideal fight for Double Disc priest, a class that is the best healer in the game anyway.
    Last edited by Silvaren7; 2015-02-02 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Some logs if you can get any information from them:
    Last Saturday
    Last Sunday
    Tonight
    To be honest, you take a ton of avoidable damage as a tank. You took the most fire damage out of anyone in the raid, you also were in the top5 for the night on damage taken from charge. That fight is so trivial if you avoid mechanics. We have been 4 healing it for quite a while.

Also, Kai is playing extremely wrong/poorly(most discs maintain an uptime of 40-55% on archangel, she cast it 1 time on average and never used the free instant crit from prayer of healing). The same with shalene(30% uptime on lifebloom it should be 90%+, severely underusing wild growth, severely underusing iron bark), just dying to mechanics all night. Both of them frequently die to mechanics/take excessive damage, and you take a ton of avoidable damage as a tank(it's a huge contributing factor to why you die). This boss is literally about avoiding fire, and dodging charge. If you can do those 2 things while stacking occasionally, it's a cake walk, even with sub-par healers.

On a side note, I raided with one of your warlocks(vereku) back in WotLK during Ulduar and TotGC. We were in Zug Life together, you should tell him he's always welcome back on Cho'gall
    Last edited by Zlebar; 2015-02-02 at 07:01 PM. Reason: side note
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

60% on PW:S sounds low, it should be in the 65s-70%s after the nerf and even higher on farm bosses. Not sure what you are talking about other disc priest. In any raid you should only ever have one disc priest at a time. The best geared priest specs disc and all other priests spec holy.

assignments are pretty good on most fights but I wouldn't say they are needed. We did stuff like quake 1 HTT, quake 2 tranq 1, quake 3 tranq 2. Unless your healers are retarded they should be able to sort that among themself.

It might just be me but hearing "I diden't get any healer for X seconds!" makes me wanna lash out on the guy what the fuck do you expect me to do when half the raid fucking dieing and your out of range or standing in shit or not calling for externals as a tank. Even fucking worse is people saying Heal me. There is only two outcomes by doing that. 1, you die before anyone gets a chance to react (At least 3 sec), You are at full health when my heal lands or I just don't have time to heal you.

As a tank you call for a external like pain supp. You get a dmg reduction and healers are aware that you probably fucked something up and need healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    Honestly, I trust Kai to play their class more than any other healers. The problem is that she's been forced to babysit me the entire fight because I constantly die from lack of heals. Might be one reason her uptimes are so low in comparison. From the logs it probably looks pretty bad, but from experience I'd hardly call her shit.
    If she is babysitting you then you are nerfing the raid as a whole. she should not babysit anyone and focus on playing her class correctly.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

What my guild does for healing assignments is just have 1 heal lead. They will call out throughout the fight when we need a CD and say which Cd to use. It works well and causes little confusion. Currently we are 6/7M and 6/10 Heroic so i'd say it works well. But overall setting up healing CD is pretty important. Overlapping say a healing tide and tranq is awful and a waste.

i was just looking over logs for resto shaman since i am one and would suggest him to use unleash life more. On the last pull on mythic twins under the tonight logs he casted it 0 times but chain heal was his biggest healing spell.