Deleted

Boomkin BRF talents?

Hi guys.

So I am wondering which talents to take for what fight. Obviusly Euphoria + SOTF or INC for ST fights, but what for fights with a lot of adds (Blast furnace)?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends how the waves spawn I guess. While BOP will deal the most damage with dots + starfall, if they spawn quickly and die fast and don't line up with solar, you may be better of running Euphoria for the fast cycles; allowing you to sunfire them sooner without having to AC eclipses. Same goes for beastlord etc. Fights with multiple targets survivng a long time like Iron Maidens BOP/SF will be go to talents, depending on SF damage with the recent buffs.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    Depending on how long your guild lets the spears stay alive, it might be better to use BoP on Beastlord.

For my 680 moonkin, the latest live version of SimCraft (603-25) is showing Flare as just barely the strongest level 100 talent for long-lived multitarget (10000 iterations, 450 second fights, 20% length variation, elite player skill, 25 ms world lag).

Patchwerk, 1 target, live

Patchwerk, 3 targets, live

On the PTR version, Flare is much further ahead. Though in situations with short-lived adds, Euphoria catches up. (Take this with a grain of salt - not sure if the PTR version is completely up-to-date.)

Patchwerk, 1 target, PTR

Patchwerk, 3 targets, PTR

HeavyMovement, 1 target, PTR

HeavyMovement, 3 targets, PTR

HecticAddCleave, PTR
    Last edited by Tarm; 2015-02-02 at 02:08 AM.

Can you do heavy movement two targets (franz and hans)? I feel as far as lvl 60 talents are concerned we will not be moving away from incarnation because having the ability to focus out dps or just flat out increase total dmg of all spells in certain situations is too valuable to give up for a passive ability. Even with our 4 pc you dont HAVE to use CA with Inc they are both strong in their own right being total damage boosts. If we can bring CA down to 1 min 45 seconds which is 23 casts of sf/wrath combined. We can hold onto inc for 15 seconds, precast inc then cast CA halfway through incarnation. Are the BRF so movement nut that 23 casts is not feasible?

For HeavyMovement with 2 targets, the trend seems to be the same as it was for 3 targets.

HeavyMovement, 2 targets, live

HeavyMovement, 2 targets, 6.1 PTR

Everything I've done here so far is just in my my current gear, so no set bonuses. Not sure how much they would change things. I can check at some point. This is more just to get an idea for what talents to use Tuesday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tested out the set bonuses by manually adding them to the profile. In Patchwerk (with 1 or 3 targets) and HeavyMovement (with 1 or 3 targets) the top talent combinations were the same as without the bonuses.

For reference, here are the average intervals between uses of CA when using the top talent combination for each of the fight styles (HeavyMovement alternates between 4 seconds moving and 6 seconds standing still):

Patchwerk1: 79 seconds
    Patchwerk3: 95 seconds
    HeavyMovement1: 104 seconds
    HeavyMovement3: 134 seconds
    Last edited by Tarm; 2015-02-02 at 07:24 AM.

Deleted
    i think with 2 set bonus it should help dps more without Euph , as you get quite the haste and don't have to wait for long cast times

so BoP and Steller should get increased dmg once you have 2 set bonus.

also with the haste proc trinket which gives around +25% haste rating if i recall correctly.

i can't really wait to have shorter cast time on starfire
    Last edited by mmoc6818f34952; 2015-02-02 at 11:39 AM.