Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Have a gen 1 Nexus 7.

Love the hell out of it but am looking to upgrade later this year.

Was looking at http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets...-tablet-2-pro/

Seems like it'd be fun to project my movies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Get android or windows. Never trust apple. /canofworms.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a tablet for movies, why are you even considering an IPad? It's the last tablet out there you should take if you want to watch movies.

Android or even Windows tablets beats it by far when it comes to movies, music, etc. You have a ton of apps out there for it, and if none of them has what you want, you can just get it from torrents. Good luck downloading movie or music torrents on your ipad without jailbreaking.

I've had an iPad air 2 for a few weeks now, and I'm in the process of selling it. Having to download a movie to my PC or android phone and then finding an app on both devices that can stream the video from my phone to the ipad is just clucky and stupid.

Deleted
    I have been using iPads since 2011 (iPad 2 since it was released, and switched to Air some time ago) and all I can say is that they are WELL worth the investment since I have been using them for many hours daily. I have also tested Android tablet since my brother has one, but in my opinion iPad is just much more simple to use and it is easier to find high quality applications for it (for example I was not able to find equally good dictionary apps etc. for the android with a short search).

So if you don't mind the slightly more restrictive OS and use it mostly for recreational activities I'd say go for it.
    Since you need to have access to Internet all the time I'm pretty sure you have to get the Wi-Fi + Cellular version. At least that is the case in Finland.
    Last edited by mmoc4d2020beea; 2015-02-01 at 08:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If price isn't an issue and you want quality, then Surface Pro 3 i7 is what you're looking for.

Well... that will probably end up over $1500, but that's by far the best hardware you can find out there, without the software limitations of iOS. Been using a Pro 2 for more than a year now and these things are amazing.

Air 2 would be my 2nd go to choice (over any Android tablet, because quality), but it's much more limiting that a Surface Pro.
    Oh, hi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by David Coppershield View Post
    I personally have this one and like the stylus, but I'd personally go with the newer Shield tablet if your budget allows for it. The Note only has 1GB of RAM, which makes multitasking problematic.

I'm also starting to wonder if it will ever get lollipop. They haven't said anything about it for months.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I personally have this one and like the stylus, but I'd personally go with the newer Shield tablet if your budget allows for it. The Note only has 1GB of RAM, which makes multitasking problematic.

I'm also starting to wonder if it will ever get lollipop. They haven't said anything about it for months.
    Is it worth the double price though? I personally would pay double if I used the game streaming functionality but I don't know about average tablet user.

Deleted
    You should really think it through for starters. Do you really need a tablet?
    So many people got one when it was new and they are collecting dust somewhere.