Deleted

Problem with 2nd GPU

Hello,
    i recently bought two new gpu's, GTX970 KFA2
    They're working great when i put one in my system, but together just won't work so far...

2nd gpu is only working for 10 percent, was testing with the heaven benchmark. First card was about 70/80 degrees and set a 3500 mhz memory clock, when the 2nd gpu was steady at 25 degrees and set at 345 mhz, so this one wasn't doing anything special.

i checked bios settings, couldnt find anything usefull.

device manager is showing the 2 cards.

specs:
    Asus X99A motherboard
    i7 5820k at 4.2GHz
    16gb ddr4 Gskill Ripjaws
    KFA2 GTX970 4gb
    750watt OCZ gold PSU

is there anyone with suggestions?
    i've tried chance gpu slots on my motherboard, no effect.
    Changed sli bridge location (no idea why), no effect.
    searched for bios updates, no new updates.
    completely reinstalled Nvidia control panel.

thanks in advance,
    Marshalty

Are you running applications in full screen, non-windowed? Try that.
    AMD is supposed to be more sensitive toward that, but I know from experience that it used to happen with nVidia as well.

Deleted
    i am running everything in full screen mode. Problem is just that the 2nd card is not functioning as it should be.
    i can see in cpu-z and in heaven that the card is only performing for 10% wich sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    go to the nvidia control panel and confirm that the cards are in SLI, they will not automatically link together

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    go to the nvidia control panel and confirm that the cards are in SLI, they will not automatically link together
    This.

Also what motherboard do you have?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    Also agree that this is 99% probably your problem.

http://puu.sh/flux7/4fc5e524c9.png

Here's an image to show you where to locate the setting and how to enable it. It's probably currently set to "Disable SLI".
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Deleted
    thanks all for the replies, didnt have much time...but i think i know what the problem is.

Arbiter, the .png you added is different compared to mine, im missing one thing, guess what....SLI option. I don't have the option to select SLI.
    I'll swap the cards, update bios and let you know how this works out, but thanks again, much appreciated

Did you plug in the connector for SLI?
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfisher View Post
    Did you plug in the connector for SLI?
    This.

/10char
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I think he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshalty View Post
    Changed sli bridge location (no idea why), no effect.