Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Forced equality is the conservatives, right?
    don't think so. It's the liberals that are more concerned with equality of outcomes. i.e. social justice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    You could have summed it up better by simply saying one side prefers actual freedom, while the other side promotes forced equality instead.
    Quoted for truth. Raising the minimum wage to keep up with inflation is a slap in the face to doctors, engineers and lawyers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jcheerno11 View Post
    don't think so. It's the liberals that are more concerned with equality of outcomes. i.e. social justice
    Someone needs to invent a sarcastica font.

democrats believe some people are free to get free rides in life (which arent free at all, someone else pays)
    republicans believe they are free not too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Quoted for truth. Raising the minimum wage to keep up with inflation is a slap in the face to doctors, engineers and lawyers.
    I wasn't aware that doctors, engineers, and lawyers were incapable of negotiating their wages, based on the value of their labor. Which is sort of how they get the high pay they already receive.

The entire point of minimum wage laws is to protect those workers who don't have that capacity, because the labor market, by definition, cannot be a free market; it is weighted in favor of the employers.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    democrats believe some people are free to get free rides in life (which arent free at all, someone else pays)
    Yeah, that's just a straight-up lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    democrats believe some people are free to not live in poverty (which arent free at all, someone else pays and thats completely OK because taxes make society work)
    republicans believe corporations are free to receive free rides
    Fixed that for you.