Poll: Should the legal age be....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't mind the system I grew up with:

16 - Consent / Learner Licence for Driving
    17 - Provisional Licence for Driving
    18 - Drinking / Voting / Gambling / Anal Consent (this is actually a law in my state)
    20+ - Full Driver's Licence

The ages for Licences are just the minimum age you can get it assuming that you start your Learner's process as soon as humanly possible.

Its 15 back home iirc.
    Grew up in there, sure as hell was old enough to know if i wanted to have sex or not, people worry about pedophilia or abuse yet that was never the case in my experience, but then again thats novel experience.
    Should it be lower than 18 in the US? which is where i assume OP is from, no idea, maybe, depends on situation.

Laws need to be based on reality not morality, if it has social issues where teens would be abused if law was changed, then dont change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I'd like to see the legal age for voting upped to 25, I'm 18 myself but looking at other kids (Yes we're all still kids in my eyes) my age I wouldn't trust 95% of them with the future of my country, too many tree huggers and anti-war peace patrollers about around this age group, as for the rest (Drinking, Sex, Smoking) I couldn't care less.

Oh and driving to 25 so I don't have to do lessons anymore, don't have much free time as it is with all this college bullshit.
    I would say the same for all the anti-police, racist and cop-killing people who think that black people can't be racist...

10+ Year Old Account
    Would rather there be a test to decide whether you can do things than arbitrary age. Some people should never be allowed to drink, for example, no matter their age.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    21 Consent to Intercourse
    21 Smoking/Drinking
    21 Driving/Voting
    21 Gambling
    21 Out after 11PM (unless working with work permit)
    21 Signing a contract
    21 Obtain a credit card
    21 Obtain an abortion
    You sound like a fun person to be around.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Would rather there be a test to decide whether you can do things than arbitrary age. Some people should never be allowed to drink, for example, no matter their age.
    As evil as this may sound I kind of agree with this, my mother almost died of alcoholism.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Legal age for what? Smoking? Drinking? Consent to intercourse? Voting?
    ^^^

OP needs to clarify.

I think legal age for drinking should be 18. Or at least make it so if you are serving you can drink.
    Legal age for intercourse...I dunno. 21?
    Legal age for voting should be 30. And yeah, that means I couldn't vote yet either. In fact, make the requirement to vote be 1 year of government classes witha passing grade at a college level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    14 Consent to Intercourse
    16 Smoking/Drinking
    18 Driving/Voting

That's basicly how it is right here if I'm not mistaken and sounds about right.
    Kinda like a perk system. You don't get everything at once and you can see forward to something avaery other year for your birthday
    14 is legal for intercourse?! That's to young. You must be like 16 to say this or a pedo.

15+ Year Old Account
    Driving / Sex: 18

Drugs (Smoking and Alcohol, and if anything else is legalized, that too) / Voting / Military Service / etc: 21

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    14 is legal for intercourse?! That's to young. You must be like 16 to say this or a pedo.
    There's probably restrictions. In Florida, 14 is the minimum IF the other person is also 14 or 15. If that isn't the case, it's illegal until 16.

It ends up kind of weird in practice though. Somebody who is 5 days away from 16 can legally have sex with a 14 year old, but if they have sex again 6 days later, it is illegal.
    Last edited by Simca; 2015-02-02 at 04:37 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Driving / Sex: 18

Drugs (Smoking and Alcohol, and if anything else is legalized, that too) / Voting / Military Service / etc: 21

There's probably restrictions. In Florida, 14 is the minimum IF the other person is also 14 or 15. If that isn't the case, it's illegal until 16.
    Agreed. Of course anyone over 18 banging a 14 year old is a pedo, but let's not kid ourselves. 14 year olds having sex isn't new.

If there's grass on the field they are ready to play.

16 for intercourse and driving
    18 for everything else

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhine101 View Post
    Agreed. Of course anyone over 18 banging a 14 year old is a pedo, but let's not kid ourselves. 14 year olds having sex isn't new.
    18 could easily be senior in high school and 14 a freshman. not that weird. illegal. but not that weird and not what id consider a pedo (regardless of what the arbitrary law says)

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    16 for intercourse and driving
    18 for everything else

- - - Updated - - -

18 could easily be senior in high school and 14 a freshman. not that weird. illegal. but not that weird and not what id consider a pedo (regardless of what the arbitrary law says)
    Once you're 18 you're of legal age, so at that point there is no legal difference between an 18 year old and a 40 year old. Regardless an 18 year old taking advantage of a 14 year old is disgusting.

Once you're 18 you're of legal age, so at that point there is no legal difference between an 18 year old and a 40 year old. Regardless an 18 year old taking advantage of a 14 year old is disgusting.
    and this is why 16 is the most common age for consent. the nice middle ground. but id say if you think the THOUSANDS of seniors in highschool who are dating and having intercourse with a freshman is disgusting, you have probably had a pretty sheltered life and would not be much fun to be around, its actually a wonder you manage to go outside considering how NORMAL of an event this is. also a massive LOL at taking advantage. like really. really... lol
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2015-02-02 at 05:11 AM.

Deleted
    definitely higher than 18

21 still seems kinda low to me, most people at that age are still children

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    and this is why 16 is the most common age for consent. the nice middle ground. but id say if you think the THOUSANDS of seniors in highschool who are dating and having intercourse with a freshman is disgusting, you have probably had a pretty sheltered life and would not be much fun to be around, its actually a wonder you manage to go outside considering how NORMAL of an event this is. also a massive LOL at taking advantage. like really. really... lol
    It's illegal and yes taking advantage. If I was in highschool I might have your view.

Deleted
    This thread made me realize, that I had no idea about the "Legal age of consent" in my country. : \

And... it is low. 14. With no restrictions.

Deleted
    As it is it's okay here. 18 seems reasonable.

In Spain 13 is enough for sexual consent.

Whoops?
    Last edited by mmocec7950f9b8; 2015-02-02 at 08:31 AM.

18 for everything. It's annoying that some laws are 18, some are 21, some are 16... wtf.
    How nice that you can go die for your country, but nooope you can't have a beer, sorry!