Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathrace View Post
    I've gone from a hardcore raider to a very casual player. So I've seen both sides. I also know how much time it takes to do the real raiding thing. All that the raiders are asking for is that they get nicer rewards (looks, stats) for putting more time and effort into the game. Is that really so wrong?

It gets very tiring to hear that all raiders are elitist jerks or nerds with no life, and all casuals are lazy bums. This is in no way true. We just all live very different lives and are able to use our free time very differently.
    This is my situation and my sentiments exactly. There are the few players who do in fact fit both stereotypes, but they're thankfully in the minority. Nobody really wants to have to deal with either, though both seem to believe any group should feel privileged to have them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Looking at the hunter tier I had a chuckle two of the shoulders use the same model as the mail shoulders that drop off Tectus..

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah interesting indeed while the first two wings are in Feb, unsure why the last two wings are released on the 2nd and 4th weeks in March..
    Same as Hm,to slow down the legendary for lfr,and dont alllow em to experience the end boss too soon.This is one of their methods to encourage lfr to try do normals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
    Same as Hm,to slow down the legendary for lfr,and dont alllow em to experience the end boss too soon.This is one of their methods to encourage lfr to try do normals.
    You know what would make me try normals? How about making the raids interesting draws? Otherwise:

NOTHING.

I had too much damn drama from guilds and PuGs to ever deal with this community on a regular basis again. Jesus fucking Christ just kill LFR already instead of pretending to care about the casual mass cause clearly they do not. Cause you know... lack of dungeons, obscene apexxis gear prices that are pretty worthless and broken PVP don't do enough to shove their precious crap raids down our throats to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    You know what would make me try normals? How about making the raids interesting draws? Otherwise:

NOTHING.

I had too much damn drama from guilds and PuGs to ever deal with this community on a regular basis again. Jesus fucking Christ just kill LFR already instead of pretending to care about the casual mass cause clearly they do not. Cause you know... lack of dungeons, obscene apexxis gear prices that are pretty worthless and broken PVP don't do enough to shove their precious crap raids down our throats to begin with.
    Did you think for as second that meaby ... meaby the problem was not in thous guilds or pugs ?? I can read that from your attitude in this post

Deleted

NOTHING.

I get the idea that you were the cause of said drama.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh never thought of it that way.. lol But does make sense don't want folks to blow through LFR or as I call it LFI (let folks guess what that means) too soon..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keliptic View Post
    I get the idea that you were the cause of said drama.
    They probably were (who knows), there are those out there that do not get along well with others seen a lot like that come and go in the guild I am in.. I myself am just lucky that the guild I am with is populated with some cool folks and I have been with the guild since WoTLK so a very long time.. I think mainly coz we don't take ourselves too seriously after all we are only a casual raiding guild..

Actually this is true for me, because right now I'm only doing LFR to see the content and farm abrogator stones. But with this horribly drawn out LFR gating I will almost certainly now do some normal mode runs just so I don't have to wait to see the content. Damn you Blizzard for forcing me to make an effort!
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Blarf hype!

- - - Updated - - -

HERE WE GOOOO~! http://gruulchant.ytmnd.com/

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    I'm glad the LFR gear looks horrible. Playing on baby mode shouldn't get you any rewards.
    It's not like the tier set are mind blown good either. Frankly, I think up to this point the both the quest set and crafted ones are better looking that drops out of any raid difficulty. Last three expansion have been a bit underwhelming in the armor design, at least we a transmog, so we don't have to show this horrid stuff or have to see it on the log in screen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Yeah interesting indeed while the first two wings are in Feb, unsure why the last two wings are released on the 2nd and 4th weeks in March..
    This is to stretch out the content as far as possible, in hopes of not having to make more before the next expansion. We have another tier coming and that will have to last until that expansion is ready. I doubt they will make the year expansion happen, but they might squeeze another raid in if they are not done or ready to beta test.

- - - Updated - - -

This is happening as a whole with this raid content is to slow everyone down and bleed this out as far as possible, it not just the LFR that get stretched out. From what i have read BRF is much harder raid, so even the raiders are getting to slow bleed content.

I bet the blizzard staff are all wiping their brows going phew, that's another month and half we don't have to do anything. What are they going to rehash for the next major patch.

Not working. Just makes me want to go punch a few people at blizzard for being stupid
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I like the LFR idea but what I don't like is that it makes players get into bad habits. I ran a couple of LFR thinking I would get a taste of what needed to be done before I started running with my guild while they were leveling up. players in LFR are.... mentally handy cap. they stand on fire, just burn the boss down without a care for mechanics. we later tried running highmaul with an incomplete group some of our guild members were gone so we decided to invite some people. most had gear that came from LFR and sure enough all of them refused to listen to instructions and ignored all game mechanics.

42 days between the first wing opening and the third wing opening...in The Sunwell (SWP). Funny, don't remember people throwing tantrums about that.

That LFR gear is awful looking. Seems like green itens from Wrath of the Lich King. If they are going to handle crap like that to people they shouldnt even bother making them sets.

EDIT: Forgot that people can now change the apperance of their itens with that weird transmog stuff.
    Last edited by Nefastus; 2015-02-02 at 05:03 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minnnlinz View Post
    I like the LFR idea but what I don't like is that it makes players get into bad habits. I ran a couple of LFR thinking I would get a taste of what needed to be done before I started running with my guild while they were leveling up. players in LFR are.... mentally handy cap. they stand on fire, just burn the boss down without a care for mechanics. we later tried running highmaul with an incomplete group some of our guild members were gone so we decided to invite some people. most had gear that came from LFR and sure enough all of them refused to listen to instructions and ignored all game mechanics.
    I have click and armory more than a few people in the LFR, its not just just people that only do the LFR standing and dying to stupid crap, as it also happen all through MoP. Not every raider as a brain either or they don't take it serious enough that they might actually die, which both arrogant an foolish at the same time. It not hard by any means, but if at least don't pay some attention and not just stand there with the other numb nuts, they are going to meet the same demise.

Back when I did raid we had tons of people that thought they knew better than the people that actually prepared themselves to raid. They would come in late, no flask, always needing potions, and never reviewing the boss or any of the content we were about to engage. The LFR did not create this mentality, it been around far longer, it just there are more of these people now than in the past. A lot people that cared have moved on to other things and been replaced with people that want the boss to drop on the first go or they are gone looking for another that can do it. The game is what it is today.

The LFR just helped to expose just how deep it run through the people that now play the game. So people like you that want to blame the LFR are so far off base. For along time these people were kept at bay, now they have been given an opportunity to see the content they been denied from Vanilla through most of Cata. The need for the LFR was created because these people were never allowed even in a pug, some for good reasons. Blizzard had to do something, since only about 5% of the base was raiding at any given time and most used to leave between tier to take a break leaving the content being barely used.

That does not happen anymore and it also keeps even more casual players to stick around that would also get bored do to the lack of world content. In essence raiding create the LFR, now we all get to see whom really plays this game and it seems most that have had their heads in the sand for so long are now having to deal with these people, like I have had to do my entire playing time, enjoy folk you helped to create this mess.

oh boy, world events that havent changed in 10 years

so exciting

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I don't understand is why a 7 week wait for LFR? Seems unnecessary for that long of a wait.
    There is no content so they hope that by delaying things players will remain subscribed for longer.

The last wing of LFR opens the last week of March, coincidentally, the first quarter also ends in March.

Quote Originally Posted by sfeeney37 View Post
    42 days between the first wing opening and the third wing opening...in The Sunwell (SWP). Funny, don't remember people throwing tantrums about that.
    That's possible cause many people didn't raid sunwell anway and because there was no lfr around at all? I mean, there have been many things players accepted back then because there was no other option....today there is an other option tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    I have click and armory more than a few people in the LFR, its not just just people that only do the LFR standing and dying to stupid crap, as it also happen all through MoP. Not every raider as a brain either or they don't take it serious enough that they might actually die, which both arrogant an foolish at the same time. It not hard by any means, but if at least don't pay some attention and not just stand there with the other numb nuts, they are going to meet the same demise.

Back when I did raid we had tons of people that thought they knew better than the people that actually prepared themselves to raid. They would come in late, no flask, always needing potions, and never reviewing the boss or any of the content we were about to engage. The LFR did not create this mentality, it been around far longer, it just there are more of these people now than in the past. A lot people that cared have moved on to other things and been replaced with people that want the boss to drop on the first go or they are gone looking for another that can do it. The game is what it is today.

The LFR just helped to expose just how deep it run through the people that now play the game. So people like you that want to blame the LFR are so far off base. For along time these people were kept at bay, now they have been given an opportunity to see the content they been denied from Vanilla through most of Cata. The need for the LFR was created because these people were never allowed even in a pug, some for good reasons. Blizzard had to do something, since only about 5% of the base was raiding at any given time and most used to leave between tier to take a break leaving the content being barely used.

That does not happen anymore and it also keeps even more casual players to stick around that would also get bored do to the lack of world content. In essence raiding create the LFR, now we all get to see whom really plays this game and it seems most that have had their heads in the sand for so long are now having to deal with these people, like I have had to do my entire playing time, enjoy folk you helped to create this mess.
    i would want them to keep the LFR but up the fight a bit to atleast teach them to not just charge and ignore all mechanics that is all
    Christopher W "Garage House Screen."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    That's possible cause many people didn't raid sunwell anway and because there was no lfr around at all? I mean, there have been many things players accepted back then because there was no other option....today there is an other option tho.
    The content is open on day 1 and eveyrone can see it if they want to put the effort in.

If they don't won't to put the effort in that is up to them.