Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    They cant even remember who you are after 10 minutes.

To be honest killing all apes would be a smart choice technically.
    That is just flat out wrong, but it seems like a thing someone that haven't had a cat would say, or their cat has an asshole personality.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think platypus gets a really bad rap.

Oh, hi.

Shark and wolves for me

One person in 200 years have died form a wolf attack in Sweden (more sheep though)

And about 5 people die from sharks each year, such a HUGE number

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What animals get bad raps? My picks:

1.Sharks - sharks get a bad rap, even though sharks rarely actually attack and kill people, great white sharks usually mistake surfboards as seals.

2. Pit bulls and other large terriers - they get a bad rap because of their accusations to violence. Pit bulls are terriers, a retriever would bite a human on the limbs and let go, but terriers are known to get the grab the neck or face and hold.

3. Chimpanzees (and other apes) - because of the their human appearance and their lack of self-control, they are noted for attacking humans. However, not all apes will attack people; gorillas, orangutans and bonobos rarely attack people and deaths by them are almost unheard of.

4. Cats - cats can get a bad rap, because they are not like dogs. A cat loves you, but sees you s an equal, but a dog sees you as a master.

Just my opinion
    1) sharks are scary cause they can take big bites out of you easily if they want too. attacks are low cause encounters are low. in areas with frequent encounters u hear of attacks. while not "common", its enough to make you think twice while you're in the water.

2) pit bulls are nothing like terriers and deserve their rep. not much else to be said there

3) meh, dont think i hear anybody complaining about monkeys, more of a running joke comparing them to a particular race but thats about it.

4) lol cats dont think of you as their equal, they dont give a fuck about you. i bet you money you die tomorrow your cat wont give a shit and lick himself clean like every other day but a dog, well we all know.
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2015-02-03 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    1) sharks are scary cause they can take big bites out of you easily if they want too. attacks are low cause encounters are low. in areas with frequent encounters u hear of attacks. while not "common", its enough to make you think twice while you're in the water.

2) pit bulls are nothing like terriers and deserve their rep. not much else to be said there

3) meh, dont think i hear anybody complaining about monkeys, more of a running joke comparing them to a particular race but thats about it.

4) lol cats dont think of you as their equal, they dont give a fuck about you. i bet you money you die tomorrow your cat wont give a shit and lick himself clean like every other day but a dog, well we all know.
    Cats see you as another cat, they can love you or they can hate you. I have a cat and she is honestly very devoted to me, whenever I feel sad or depressed, she's always there to rub against me and sit patiently beside me.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Don't get a Chihuahua they said, it will bite you and never stop barking they said..

With dogs atleast, it depends how you raise them lol not all pitbulls are going to maul people.

PS HELP MY OVERSIZED PICTURE MAKES MY DOG LOOK LIKE A MONSTER
    This may seem completely fucked up, but the breed needs to die out. It's so screwed up in terms of genetics and diseases that continuing the breed is actually, in a larger sense, a sick joke. Same with bull dogs and certain purebreds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    That is just flat out wrong, but it seems like a thing someone that haven't had a cat would say, or their cat has an asshole personality.
    Cats are assholes.

Did you know that with their retracting claws, and going into a litter box, they literally breed deadly bacteria in their claws, then scratch your ass with them, making an open wound AND delivering it?

Real shit right there, fucking cats. Growing up, my mom was a cat fanatic. Out of 12 cats total throughout my life growing up, two were actually what I would call a genuinely good pet and companion. The others just acted as if they paid rent and lived there.

3. Chimpanzees (and other apes) - because of the their human appearance and their lack of self-control, they are noted for attacking humans. However, not all apes will attack people; gorillas, orangutans and bonobos rarely attack people and deaths by them are almost unheard of.
    I was going to say Chimps/Bonobos because people think that they are "less evolved" than humans.

Of course, there is an animal that doesn't get a bad enough rap.....yes...I'm talking about bears.
    Last edited by SpcGuts; 2015-02-04 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpcGuts View Post
    I was going to say Chimps/Bonobos because people think that they are "less evolved" than humans.

Of course, there is an animal that doesn't get a bad enough rap.....yes...I'm talking about bears.
    I've read comments of people wanting to kill baby bonobos... disgusting human beings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    In the UK we call daddy long legs some flying insect thing. It is a rather useless looking creature. It "flies" but mainly bumps into things and has 6 legs usually reduced to 0 by evil school children who pull them off.
    Those are crane flies. They're also harmless.

However, they are the only animal that... perturbs... me. I'm not scared of them, but they unsettle me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Those are crane flies. They're also harmless.

However, they are the only animal that... perturbs... me. I'm not scared of them, but they unsettle me.
    I feel that way about centipedes.

I feel that way about the American cockroach...especially when they take flight and attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, centipedes can give painful venomous bites.

All crane flies do is fly around in loopy circles.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.