Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Animals are responisble for their enviroment!

Watch these.

What do you think?

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe all the animals in the Congo would beg to differ as well as all the animals in the country areas of the USA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Non-human animals don't have the capacity to realize their impacts. They're just doing what they do to survive, with no thought of long-term impact or goals.

If we're to call ourselves "better" than mere animals, then we actually need to act like it. Meaning we do realize the ramifications of our actions and know to act on what's best for the future.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2015-02-02 at 03:50 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Yes?

This has been known for a while now.

Difference is, as Kaleredar pointed out, they don't do it on purpose or realize they're doing it

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I believe all the animals in the Congo would beg to differ as well as all the animals in the country areas of the USA.
    Explain please

Animals do things because of instinct or in the case of the most intelligent non-human animals, what their environment provides. They are not "responsible" for anything other than their own survival. Humans are responsible for the planet although I feel like a couple of hamsters could manage it better and with less suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Animals do things because of instinct or in the case of the most intelligent non-human animals, what their environment provides. They are not "responsible" for anything other than their own survival. Humans are responsible for the planet although I feel like a couple of hamsters could manage it better and with less suffering.
    Human beings are better at not eating their own children
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I misread the title at first. I hope he's not saying they're responsible in the sense that they should take responsibility; I think he's just saying there's an unexpected, possibly unobserved, cause-and-effect of animals being in the areas that they're in.

This is interesting, but it makes me worry what major effect we could have when we do unnatural things. By unnatural, I mean things that would not have happened unless we made a conscious decision such as to reintroduce wolves to a brand new territory. We don't act on instinct like animals. The butterfly effect could be a scary thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senka View Post
    This is interesting, but it makes me worry what major effect we could have when we do unnatural things. By unnatural, I mean things that would not have happened unless we made a conscious decision such as to reintroduce wolves to a brand new territory. We don't act on instinct like animals. The butterfly effect could be a scary thing.
    Introducing new species into areas where they hadn't previously been does cause major issues. Sometimes these are caused unintentionally, like with zebra mussels in the Great Lakes, and other times it's caused intentionally by people with a poor grasp of cause and effect, like with Cane Toads in Australia.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    "Most" human beings

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I tried...I really did...but what a crock of shit. I tried to watch the wolf one. Got as far as the english dude calling the herd of elk deer. They aren't deer for gods sake. But thats besides the point. If the guy doesn't know one species of animal from another who is he to be spewing this crap? I really suggest he watch Wild Kingdom or something. He's giving wolves a whole hell of a lot of credit where credit isn't due ( I watched the rest). It's called nature doing nature stuff not wolves coming in and "changing" everything. Get real...and they're ELK, get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah, we just rape our babies so that their insides cave in, or cut throats and blow people for worthly possessions or fairy tales or fun or whatever, treat each other like dirt even though we have the sense and knowledge of what it brings to the victims.

Hell, I'm sure that someplace, human beings have eaten their own children for some reason other than instinct...perhaps to please some "god" or crap like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Yeah, we just rape our babies so that their insides cave in, or cut throats and blow people for worthly possessions or fairy tales or fun or whatever, treat each other like dirt even though we have the sense and knowledge of what it brings to the victims.

Hell, I'm sure that someplace, human beings have eaten their own children for some reason other than instinct...perhaps to please some "god" or crap like that.
    So your contention is that animals are amicable and work well together?

You'll find that, the smarter an animal, the more violent and malevolent they become. Like Dolphins. Dolphins are very smart. Dolphins also murder and rape for fun.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Okay I tried...I really did...but what a crock of shit. I tried to watch the wolf one. Got as far as the english dude calling the herd of elk deer. They aren't deer for gods sake. But thats besides the point. If the guy doesn't know one species of animal from another who is he to be spewing this crap? I really suggest he watch Wild Kingdom or something. He's giving wolves a whole hell of a lot of credit where credit isn't due ( I watched the rest). It's called nature doing nature stuff not wolves coming in and "changing" everything. Get real...and they're ELK, get it right.
    A deer is not a species, but an entire family full of animals. Any animal that is a cervid (white-tailed deer, mule deer, moose, elk, caribou/reindeer, red deer, pudu, etc)

Obviously, the constituent pars of an ecosystem maintain it.

Deleted
    I think it needs intent to act responsible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Explain please
    Simple, humans are destroying their natural habitat with tearing it down for development. Its the same in the rainforest.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Simple, humans are destroying their natural habitat with tearing it down for development. Its the same in the rainforest.
    So this has anything to do with the animals because...

Deleted
    Humans are the most responsible animals.

Boars tear up the ground. This probably does something positive like give new plants a chance to grow but I don't know.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland