Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I'd set up some camps where we can uhh... concentrate all the men into the one place. And they have to take a shower when they arrive

No but in all seriousness, my perfect country wouldn't have a dictator at the top making random choices about how the country was, even if that dictator was me. So first step would be to resign from that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Why would anyone work in your country?
    Betterment, self satisfaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I just tilt the Earth a bit so that London gets better weather?

If that's possible, then I'd also like to sink the Isle of Wight.

And wall off Liverpool.

And Grimsby.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    And wall off Liverpool.
    Heh liverpool really is the Donegal of england. Half of liverpudlians would probably support walling it off too.

"and if I could I'd build a wall around ol' donegal
    the north and south, to keep them out
    my god i'd build it tall"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Half of liverpudlians would probably support walling it off too.
    Unfortunately we'll never know whether they would support it, as they sound like dolphins and are unintelligible to the human ear.

Deleted
    The people have the right to live as they choose and be the masters of their own fate.
    Maximum level of personal freedom.
    Absolute freedom of speech.
    No special protection for religions. Only the right to practice without fear of persecution and as long as it doesn't break any laws.

All major government decisions should be voted on by the people. Only exception would be the defense budget and how it is spent.

The government would only deal with matters of public administration, defense, health, law enforcement, education and infrastructure.
    Where possible, there would be minimal to no government interference.

There would be very few laws that restrict personal choice and freedoms unless the lack of such a law endanger a large percent of the population. So there would be no legal Heroin, Crack or meth on the streets but Pot and such would be legal to buy and sell.

There would be no age of consent or anti prostitution laws as such matters are best decided between two private parties.

It would be illegal for Banking or private institutions to take interest on money loans to private citizens. Only a corporate entity would be eligible to loan money against collateral and/or pay interest on loans.

Private property would be owned completely by he who purchased the land and he would be able to do with it as he see fit.

All citizens would be entitled to a small plot of land at their 18th birthday to do with as he see fit. Plot distribution would be randomized based on location and availability.

There would be mechanisms in place to allow citizens to vote for and enact or repeal laws.
    An independent committee of legal experts and private citizens would overview any changes in law, and would have the right to deny any such changes if they are deemed oppressive or dangerous.
    For example the people wouldn't be able to vote to criminalize being left handed even though a majority of the people voted for it.
    The people summoned to appear in committee would be randomized out of a pool of eligible candidates out of the population and their names would not be known until after deliberations would be concluded, in order to prevent lobbying or corruption.

Corruption would be punished severely.

Corporations would be free to do business in my country provided they would agree to the terms and conditions stipulated by a business ethics committee. Corporations would also be subject to an ethics review at any time if one is deemed necessary. (no slave or child labor etc)

A private health insurance would be mandatory. All health insurance companies would be forced to accept any client blindly if they chose to operate in my country. No screening for health problems. Either they take all clients or none at all.

If corporations would be able to flourish under the ethical framework there would be very little government interference or taxation.

I would trim down the whole university system. No more superfluous degrees. Only protected titles would require a degree. Like doctors, civil engineering, accounting, law, teaching etc.

Bachelor degrees and higher would still be available for the core sciences. No more bachelor of Theatrics staging etc.

Teaching and healthcare jobs would receive status upgrades by way of social engineering and increased pay.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad0497bcb; 2015-02-02 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would first build a giant wall and make becoming a citizen near impossible for outsiders. Avoiding blending many cultures will make for less drama. Legalize and decriminalize drugs, focus on busting dealers not fucking users. Murders, rapists , child molesters all put to death. Ban all religions.

Deleted
    I'd set up some camps where we can uhh... concentrate all the men into the one place. And they have to take a shower when they arrive
    How evil of you what next? Delete all System fonts except for one?

I would try to impose a coup on my own government... that's the first thing I would do... well after banning Comic Sans...

So basically a nation of constant revolution and counter-revolution.. Yep, without the dreadful Comic Sans.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would declare the Republic of Northumbria, and ban all people born south of the Tyne from it. Non-English very much welcome though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I would declare the Republic of Northumbria, and ban all people born south of the Tyne from it. Non-English very much welcome though.
    I'll open a gyro shop, grow a giant mustache, and glower at the worthless youths if allowed into your new country.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Who wants to be english anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Who wants to be english anyway.
    The english people mostly. FLY THE FLAG WOO SHAVE YOUR HEAD LETS BUY SOME DOC MARTINS

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuark, glad I don't live in Op's world.

Constitutional Republic. Free market. All drugs legal and sold at any form of shop or dealer (dealers wouldn't even be able to compete in this market anyway). Militia would form the bulk of the defense forces and would be voluntary for anyone who finishes high school. Being in the militia you be paid hourly on deployment at the nations average wage, inside and outside of the country. Tax exemptions for those that volunteer, Rifle and ammo to keep at home in an secure safe. 10%+ to your weekly salary after volunteer for five years. Militias would organize there own region, then state and federal would organize them at the top. War wouldn't be declared without a national vote. Governments job and role would be the defense and protection of the state (military), upkeep of law (police and courts) and public welfare (yes we would look after people in a capitalist state). Full time/regular military would be made up of officers. Four branches of the military: Marines, Navy, Air force and Star Fleet. Marines would be full time soldiers who would use power armor and vehicles/walkers. Navy would protect the sea and coast from invasion, but also have access to anti orbital weapons to defend the planet from the inside. Airforce would operate attack fighters, they'd operate from land, naval ships and Star Fleet ships for defense and stuff. The aircraft can fly in space and atmospheres of all kinds. Star Fleet would be used to defend space and explore science shit. Also they'd terraform and colonise new planet, and make first contact. Private companies would make up the bulk of space fairing vessels (google, facebook and space x will be the main dudes probs) and star fleet would protect them when needed. Taxes would be super low and life would be dank.

One that would let me nuke the world from orbit every last part of it....... no reason it's just something on my bucket list.

making it though not the slightest clue since im obviously drunk I am just going to say mind control.
    Last edited by smackyslap; 2015-02-02 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    And wall off Liverpool.
    Only parts of it.
    Heh Liverpool really is the Donegal of England. Half of Liverpudlians would probably support walling it off too.
    Coming from a mank....Only good thing to come out of Manchester is the M60 Motorway

Unfortunately we'll never know whether they would support it, as they sound like dolphins and are unintelligible to the human ear.
    Only some of them, the less evolved ones, the ones that think "ehh" and "Khy" "ich" are full or part words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Coming from a mank....Only good thing to come out of Manchester is the M60 Motorway
    Yeah well. We all know the only reason the river mersey runs through liverpool is because if it walked it'd get robbed.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Screw this! I'm makin' my own country! With hookers! And blackjack!

In fact, forget the blackjack!

OT: Not something I can just think of on short notice. I've had ideas in the past, but honestly it would be hard to make a 'perfect country', because it would be filled with people and people are flawed and entirely capable of fucking up guidelines, laws, rules, and systems put in place to make their lives better, more fulfilling, and easier.

EDIT: Though really, prostitution would be legalized and thusly renamed 'sex workers' would be regulated and whatnot with their own booths set up like little shops. Sexual tension causes a lot of problems, after all! Also because I find those comics highly amusing.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2015-02-02 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kivimetsan View Post
    Fuark, glad I don't live in Op's world.

Constitutional Republic. Free market. All drugs legal and sold at any form of shop or dealer (dealers wouldn't even be able to compete in this market anyway). Militia would form the bulk of the defense forces and would be voluntary for anyone who finishes high school. Being in the militia you be paid hourly on deployment at the nations average wage, inside and outside of the country. Tax exemptions for those that volunteer, Rifle and ammo to keep at home in an secure safe. 10%+ to your weekly salary after volunteer for five years. Militias would organize there own region, then state and federal would organize them at the top. War wouldn't be declared without a national vote. Governments job and role would be the defense and protection of the state (military), upkeep of law (police and courts) and public welfare (yes we would look after people in a capitalist state). Full time/regular military would be made up of officers. Four branches of the military: Marines, Navy, Air force and Star Fleet. Marines would be full time soldiers who would use power armor and vehicles/walkers. Navy would protect the sea and coast from invasion, but also have access to anti orbital weapons to defend the planet from the inside. Airforce would operate attack fighters, they'd operate from land, naval ships and Star Fleet ships for defense and stuff. The aircraft can fly in space and atmospheres of all kinds. Star Fleet would be used to defend space and explore science shit. Also they'd terraform and colonise new planet, and make first contact. Private companies would make up the bulk of space fairing vessels (google, facebook and space x will be the main dudes probs) and star fleet would protect them when needed. Taxes would be super low and life would be dank.
    i like the focus on expanding technology towards further exploration and space! something i think id like in my country as well!

Deleted
    Yeah well. We all know the only reason the river mersey runs through liverpool is because if it walked it'd get robbed.
    Touché Erin,