Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Anti-Vaccine doctor reveling in his notoriety

Completely disgusting story, honestly regardless of your position on vaccines:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...his-notoriety/

This guy is a doctor, who "Changed his mind" about vaccines being good when he married some holistic medicine chiropractor. And now, he is on TV and in the papers as an "Expert opinion".

Some quotes, some of which are blatant, proven lies, but people still listen to

"Measles isn’t a big deal, he said, though the CDC definitely disagrees. “This quote-unquote ‘outbreak’ has infected 70 people who are quote-unquote ‘infected,’ ” he said. “This is a country of 300 million people, and no one has died, and no one is sick as far as I know."

Yeah, make light of, and question the fact that those kids are infected...

"He said viruses — not vaccines — are a part of the natural world. “Unfortunately, they mean that some people get sick and some people die,” he said."

You know what else isn't natural? The majority of people living past 35. Pretty much everything we eat. The roads we drive on. The buildings we live in. Electricity in our houses.

"Which is something that’s happening to Wolfson, too. “I’m getting inundated from all over the country from people who are coming to support me,” he said. “There are a lot of people in our corner.”"

"It began last week when Wolfson did an interview for NBC Phoenix — and another, quoted above, for the Arizona Republic, which got more than 30,000 “likes” on Facebook. “Valley doctor: Don’t vaccinate your kids,” the headline said."

Great, you have support and likes on facebook for your ridiculous stance. Congrats. You know what else gets likes on facebook? Nazi's, mass murderers, and terrorists.

"Amid this outbreak, Wolfson actively urges people to avoid vaccines. “We should be getting measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, these are the rights of our children to get it,”"

Thanks, I'm glad my parents don't think I should have died at six to measles, mumps, reubella, and the chicken pox.

And the last one from me:

"He added: “I’m a big fan of what’s called paleo-nutrition, so our children eat foods that our ancestors have been eating for millions of years…. That’s the best way to protect.”"

Ok, how about this: you move out into the fucking wilderness, don't use electricity, modern clothes, modern housing or tools, heat other than fires you build yourself, and hunt for your damn food. You want to live like a damn caveman, go do it. You are a doctor, you can probably afford the move, and you can always donate all your shit to charity.
    Last edited by Gumboy; 2015-02-03 at 04:21 PM. Reason: confusion on wording.
    You're a towel.

The naturalistic fallacy is annoying at the best of times, but coming from a doctor it's particularly infuriating.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    Anti-vaccine idiots should be dropped somewhere in the amazon with nothing but their clothes. See how long they last without meds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen View Post
    The naturalistic fallacy is annoying at the best of times, but coming from a doctor it's particularly infuriating.
    It just really bugs me to hear a Dr. say something as stupid as "Viruses killing kids is natural; vaccines are not" while hes wearing a non-naturally made outfit, living in a house lit with electricty, having heat most likely from natural gas, probably air damn conditioning; how natural is THAT?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Healer View Post
    Anti-vaccine idiots should be dropped somewhere in the amazon with nothing but their clothes. See how long they last without meds.
    The meds are not even what would kill them. The natural life span for a human is a hell of a lot less then we are used to with our modern comforts.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Really hope they revoke his license.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people complaining, look at that man expressing his freedom to be wrong and actively harmful to the human race.

Oh.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freedom of speech only goes so far as you know..not harming anyone else, and things of that nature. This is like pure insanity that people trust his opinion.

like the other dr. in the story that cancelled her anti vaccine speaking trip because " just canceled an Australian tour, citing fears of “anti-free speech terrorists” and “pro-vaccine extremists.” "

Yeah, anti-free speech terrorists who want to stop you from bringing back eliminated diseases and killing children.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, those hippie chicks tend to suck a mean dick. So no wonder he hopped on the bandwagon so he can keep getting those crazy BJs.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    The thing is, those hippie chicks tend to suck a mean dick. So no wonder he hopped on the bandwagon so he can keep getting those crazy BJs.
    He already had one when he married the hypocrite chiropracter (I mean homeopathic of course; shes not a hypocrite for wanting "All natural everything" and being a doctor for something that didn't exist 100 years ago)
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    "Amid this outbreak, Wolfson actively urges people to avoid vaccines. “We should be getting measles, mumps, rubella, chicken pox, these are the rights of our children to get it,”"
    His children should have the right to get Polio, IMO.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's an oxymoron.
    I realize that, which is why I found it inexplicable as I read it.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Thanks, I'm glad my parents don't think I should have died at six to measles, mumps, reubella, and the chicken pox.
    I'm old enough to have been around prior to those vaccines and I had every one of those. The death rate from those malady's is fairly low.

15+ Year Old Account
    The anti-vaxx movement is flocking to an authoritative doctor who went crazy. They think he has credibility but he provides no actual argument for why vaccines are bad. He will lose his credibility among the medical community.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    I'm old enough to have been around prior to those vaccines and I had every one of those. The death rate from those malady's is fairly low.
    That's great and all, applause all around for your tremendous constitution, but vaccines also cover things like Polio. The US has been Polio free for nearly 40 years now, but if shit like this keeps up, it won't last.

Deleted
    Can some authocratic autority please remove this persons right of free speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of all the millions of things in the world/universe that could kill us they are worried about some small vaccinations that are proven to help us? :S I bet next they will be anti h20 because people drown when they breathe it in :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Of all the millions of things in the world/universe that could kill us they are worried about some small vaccinations that are proven to help us? :S I bet next they will be anti h20 because people drown when they breathe it in :S
    I was wondering for 2 minutes what you could possibly mean with Htwenty, I feel dumb now

The problem is that the news keeps giving people like this an audience, knowingly propagating nonsense. These diseases used to kill many many children and now no longer do. It is so obvious that vaccination programs work, there is no reason to involve these morons into any serious discussion and expose anyone to their nonsense. I don't understand why newspapers and tv news would do that.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.