Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Don't want to vaccinate your kids?

Fine by me let them die. If you're that dumb, we aren't going to be losing anyone smart from that offspring that will push our civilization further into advancement.
    This sounds cruel and cold but if you rather believe in media nonsense, your children will have to suffer sadly.
    It's one thing to argue flue vaccines, which aren't all that effective due to the wide variation of that illness, all the rest however that has been used to reduce all those illnesses killing people at a young age.

If people really believe it's all just big corporate medical companies producing them to make coin out of you put up your kid on the line to make that point, or perhaps those drugs are expensive because well those evil companies know if we don't inject our kids with it they have a good chance of ending up death and in proper countries you don't pay all that much directly for those vaccines anyway, but i guess it depends what you want to invest your money in, kids life vs that new tv/audio installation or that holiday. Hard choices i know.
    thats incorrect. you have no clue how smart the children will turn out to be. simply assuming they will be as dumb as their parents is a flawed conclusion at best and laughable at worst.
    if you want to think your superior to those anti vaccination people how about using proper logic instead of jumping to conclusions with a flawed premise that leads to a bad conclusion?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    freedom to wear uranium underpants
    Marie Curie essentially could, why shouldn't everyone else?

Honestly, all people need to do is look to the past to see if stuff is bad, vaccinations aren't new, they've been around for a long time. There are some vaccinations for new things, but we have decades of data to link all of the side effects of vaccinations, more years of data than radiation poisoning.
    The biggest difference between vaccinations now and vaccinations in the past is that now populations are a lot denser and it is a lot easier to travel, starting a pandemic isn't that hard. Vaccinations are also not a magic bullet-proof vest against diseases, it just makes it harder to get the disease, but if you are exposed to a person that is extremely ill with the disease it is possible for you to catch it. So the lack of vaccinations puts more than just the individual's life at risk, but everyone else's. Part of being inside a society is the social pact, of giving up freedoms in order for the good of society. The good of society is that productivity and security are more stable if people get sick less, thus an individual's right to prevent and treat diseases as they want is given up, and instead is forced to comply with the rules dictated by society. Religious belief has made enforcing medical practices a bit of a touchy subject, but this is a particular situation where it is not a religious practice, and endangers the life of others and the stability of society in the long term. Not to mention allow anti-vaccination groups to continue to exist sets precedence for similar silly baseless groups to form up and further harm society.
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

Deleted
    What about the flu jab which has a 3% success rate and is made mandatory for NHS workers? I know it's nit-pickety.

I don't like the idea of being forced into something which hardly works to "do your duties to the public" or face a disciplinary against you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GaddafiDuck View Post
    What about the flu jab which has a 3% success rate and is made mandatory for NHS workers? I know it's nit-pickety.

I don't like the idea of being forced into something which hardly works to "do your duties to the public" or face a disciplinary against you.
    I wasn't discussing the "Flu vaccine" as it has wildly different expectations then "eradication attempt" vaccines. The flu changes constantly.

Public health workers not being vaccinated against anything possible is a health risk to others; which is a complete oxymoron.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I wasn't discussing the "Flu vaccine" as it has wildly different expectations then "eradication attempt" vaccines. The flu changes constantly.

Public health workers not being vaccinated against anything possible is a health risk to others; which is a complete oxymoron.
    Flu will never be eradicated because one of the things needed for eradication is that it only exists in humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GaddafiDuck View Post

23% actually. It's usually in the 60% range, but their strain projections for this season were badly off.

But 23% is still a whole lot better than 0%.

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Flu will never be eradicated because one of the things needed for eradication is that it only exists in humans.
    Not necessarily only humans, but rather only exists in things we can feasibly vaccinate. The other disease that has been eradicated, rinderpest, is basically cattle measles.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The same power it has to stop you from murdering someone, getting behind the wheel drunk, or not wearing a seatbelt?

"OMG GOVERNMENT" is also not a valid reason why people should be allow to not vaccinate.
    No government can be trusted with that kind of power.

All you have to do is imagine the kind of government that you yourself despise being in power, then give them that power.

But I'm sure that Stalin just wants your children to be immunized from the flu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    No government can be trusted with that kind of power.

All you have to do is imagine the kind of government that you yourself despise being in power, then give them that power.

But I'm sure that Stalin just wants your children to be immunized from the flu.
    If evil government wants to get you, they have means that don't require vaccines. Stalin didn't vaccinate his enemies, he sent them to Siberia...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Yeah, I know. That is why I wasn't really counting the flu, or any other vaccine that we have to keep updating for different strains, just the ones we went for eradication.
    You're a towel.