Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

1 Hander vs 2 Hander in BRF?

I was looking at some BiS topics for BRF and all of them come out with http://www.wowhead.com/item=113897/h...hammer&bonus=0

As BiS

But with the 1 hander nerf and 2 hander buff wouldnt http://www.wowhead.com/item=113939/t...rlords&bonus=0

Be better?

or am i missing something

198 agility for DW 1 handers vs 231 agility for 2 hander on normal and

262 agility DW 1 Handers vs 306 agility on 2 Hander for mythic.
    Last edited by Wukongg; 2015-02-02 at 07:52 AM.

Are you sure the BiS lists you're looking at were created after the buff/nerf? I'm fairly sure the 2h would be best as it is now.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perath View Post
    Are you sure the BiS lists you're looking at were created after the buff/nerf? I'm fairly sure the 2h would be best as it is now.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...for-Discussion

The main post hasn't been updated since december it seems, although the replies at the end of the post are fairly recent. I still think the 2h will pull ahead, at least in single target situations. It may be possible that the increase in value haste is said to get with BRF gear puts the 1h ahead, but I have no idea if that is the case.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    The main post hasn't been updated since december it seems, although the replies at the end of the post are fairly recent. I still think the 2h will pull ahead, at least in single target situations. It may be possible that the increase in value haste is said to get with BRF gear puts the 1h ahead, but I have no idea if that is the case.
    Well if you look at the agility values the 2 hander has a crap ton more agility on it. and agility being our main stat for anything i thought it would be a no brainer thing that the 2 hander would be better. the 2hander has 44 more agility on it then the two 1 handers combined.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going 2H or DW doesn't really matter in the long run. The main difference between going one way or the other is you just need to select a few other different pieces of gear to help compensate the difference in stats. For example, if you were to take the 2 1-handers from Hanz and Fronz, you would pick up the Chest tier piece and the gloves off-piece. However if you went with the 2H from Beastlord, then you would select the tier gloves and the chest off-piece. Overall, the difference between the two is extremely small (less than 0.5% of damage). I've updated the SimC BiS list as best as I can. And if you notice the gear pieces AND ENCHANTS are different between the two gear lists.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Going 2H or DW doesn't really matter in the long run. The main difference between going one way or the other is you just need to select a few other different pieces of gear to help compensate the difference in stats. For example, if you were to take the 2 1-handers from Hanz and Fronz, you would pick up the Chest tier piece and the gloves off-piece. However if you went with the 2H from Beastlord, then you would select the tier gloves and the chest off-piece. Overall, the difference between the two is extremely small (less than 0.5% of damage). I've updated the SimC BiS list as best as I can. And if you notice the gear pieces AND ENCHANTS are different between the two gear lists.
    Do the switch in gear pieces make up for the missing agility? i was under the assumption that all same ilvl armor had the same amount of agility on it. But the 2 hander has 44 more agility then the two one handers combined.

When dual-wielding you also gain access to two weapon enchants, which I would imagine offsets the additional agility on the 2hander. In addition, rolling a socket on one of the 1handers would more than off-set the imbalance.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wukongg View Post
    Do the switch in gear pieces make up for the missing agility? i was under the assumption that all same ilvl armor had the same amount of agility on it. But the 2 hander has 44 more agility then the two one handers combined.
    It does not. But as mentioned, having the double enchant proc does help off-set the difference. This expansion is putting a lot more emphasis on secondary stats over straight agility. Yes Agility is our best "stat." However it's the interaction of the secondary that makes our damage interesting. so overall, it really doesn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubtful. The 1H is better-itemized, especially for AoE.

Deleted
    Is the same small difference applied to Brewmasters or is it just as small?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by killmatik View Post
    Is the same small difference applied to Brewmasters or is it just as small?
    Brewmasters have it a bit differently due to the changes made to weapon speed. Generally speaking, 2H will be better for Elusive Brew generation. Based on the gear presented, I would say:

Head-Lopper Skullscythe - Oregorger

Would be your weapon to get since

a) it's a 2H
    b) has Crit and Mastery on it

However if you want DW, then I would say to get the Iron Soldier's Saber (Blackhand) since it has Crit/Haste on it. Not the best combo but still. Sorka's Chainfist (Iron Maidens) is your other option with Haste/Mastery
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-02-03 at 03:00 PM.

It's a great thing that 2handers are equal to DW. In my raid it's just me and a brewmaster that can use them.
    Makes the rogues and enh shamans happy to have less competition.