Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey OP!

This link here shows you exactly what your problems are as far as executing the fight properly: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...view=execution

As you can see, more than half of your raiders only used one potion. I know it sounds silly, but make sure all of your raiders knows what Pre-Potting is. I recommend Pre-Potting (Potting a second before entering combat) and using Heroism/Blood Lust right at the start of the fight. This will leave them with a second potion to use either in the execute phase or when ever they have a good ring/trinket/ability proc stack.

Moving past that, all together players stood in Blaze 47 times. Now, while this can be Cloaked, AMS, etc, it dealt 8.75 million damage to your raid in that one pull. The thing to keep in mind is that this always comes slightly during, and just after taking all of that unavoidable Quake damage. This can't be overlooked because while it may look like your healers can handle it fine in the start, it will over-tax them in the end.

On top of that, your raid took 5.80 million damage from the first set of pulverize, which simply requires all of your raiders to be standing spread apart from each other.

That adds up to 14.55 million completely unnecessary and avoidable damage taken so far. Add on 4.56 million for Arcane Volatility being splashed onto friendlies and you're up to just shy of 20.00 million 100% completely avoidable damage taken.

Have your players fix these things. Spend a couple attempts where your DPS literally doesn't even fight the boss but instead just dodges mechanics properly. It sounds silly, but wasting 20 minutes will save you a lot more time wasted (and headache) in the long-run.

Good luck with your kill!

Quote Originally Posted by Drenni View Post

If the bosses spend 50% or more of the fight out of cleave range, you are doing something really wrong. Especially if you have WW, Arms, 2xEnha, Retri and 2xUH. You would lose a LOT of damage (which is what they need) and you would trigger their Agressive Disposition (which just makes the fight much harder).
    Not sure what "their strat" you mean, just look at their Replay and you can see that bosses were most of the time in cleave range.

(Edit: Noticed the combat rogue down there. Used only half of his Killing Sprees and was sitting in one part of the fight for 16s with capped energy. Those are begineer mistakes.)
    I mean in their replay Phemos is out of cleave range for 30+ seconds at a time multiple times in the fight. Look at their "problems" tab and you can see how much of the fight they spent way outta cleave range. I agree that it is terrible for DPS but that's what is happening, take a look:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...view=execution

They spend a very large portion of the fight about 50 yards apart and that increases when you look at all the times the bosses were 11 yards (just out of cleave range) apart for 20 seconds at a time. Their strat is probably a bigger issue than their actual DPS numbers (which are low, there's no question there).
    Last edited by Octa; 2015-02-02 at 11:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a cleave fight your dps is low. And people are just screwing up. In wipe 17 which is one of your longer attempts you had a rogue die 1:50 in, warrior die 3:21 in and mage 3:30 in. It took till 4:15 to just battle rez the warrior. You then had 2 druids die right after 5 minutes. Just people not doing mechanics. Attempt 16. just some of your dps is bad simply put, you had a rogue and mage get outdpsed by your prot pally tank, basically all your melee is low dps for this being a cleave fight, also had a destro lock under 20k. Also I normally see fights 4 healed on mythic.
    Last edited by Bloodydemize; 2015-02-03 at 04:51 AM.

First of all, Injured Debuff. Jesus christ. It's unbelievably easy to move out of the way when the giant purple ogre is 'looking at you funny' as our raid leader likes to put it.

But plain and simple, your dps is too low, it's not exactly wierd.
    Sorry to single him out but how your combat rogue is only pulling anywhere from 17-22k at the highest is beyond me on a cleave fight.
    It's mythic, you should be looking for 23 or 24k or above, especialy in a cleave fight like this.

edit: having read other posts, you also need to work on the distance between the twins, not only will it up the dps as it enables more cleave, but it's just way better because of the extra damage taken while they're apart.

PM Requests are CLOSED | DevArt | TwitchTV | Zen Pigeons

Quote Originally Posted by Octa View Post
    I mean in their replay Phemos is out of cleave range for 30+ seconds at a time multiple times in the fight. Look at their "problems" tab and you can see how much of the fight they spent way outta cleave range. I agree that it is terrible for DPS but that's what is happening, take a look:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...view=execution

They spend a very large portion of the fight about 50 yards apart and that increases when you look at all the times the bosses were 11 yards (just out of cleave range) apart for 20 seconds at a time. Their strat is probably a bigger issue than their actual DPS numbers (which are low, there's no question there).
    Oh hey, didn't notice that distance around the 3min. Never knew that WCL has distance graph, could be useful in our progression (thanks for that ).
    Yeah, this is treir biggest problem in my opinion too. Few of their dps have much bigger potencial (hope i spelled that right) with cleave (WW, Arms and Combat especially).

Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    i want help, so we can fix whats went wrong tonight.
    DPS being bad DPS, as well as dying, though everyone has pointed this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    And as to deaths, yes im aware of that, we started to get lost every time we hit 5min attempts, our main problem there seems to be Enhanced WW+Pulverize at the same time, people kept complaining how they get knocked into the WW on vent..
    Spread out and use personals if needed. My guild has the same problem sometimes of never remembering that they have personal cooldowns/healing tonics. If people die randomly, it's almost always their fault.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Your mage should be using thermal void / ice nova for progression on this boss. While prismatic crystal / frost bomb can result in slightly higher DPS on this encounter, the skillcap required to execute the fight with those two talents is significantly higher than it is with TV/IN, which allows for greater mobility and more "fire and forget" enabling the player to concentrate more on their positioning.

retired, another victim of warlords of draenor