Doom, snappshotting and mastery

Recently came back for WoD and I wonder how Doom interacts with mastery now. Since snapshotting is gone, will Doom not benefit from mastery while in caster form? If so, does it mean that jumping into demonform every 15 sec before doom ticks (and perhaps throw in a ToC to not waste a GCD) could be a DPS increase?

Couldn't find any comments on this elsewhere.

Nope. Since it's restricted to casting it in Meta, the appropriate modifiers will be applied on each tick, as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doom always counts as receiving the Metamorphosis damage bonus, just as Corruption always only counted the Caster damage bonus; both will still dynamically update with Mastery buffs/procs.

Think there's a lot of misconceptions about how Mastery actually works. Rating increases a flat damage bonus from Mastery that always applies; what changes between Caster and Metamorphosis is the 'baseline' that that's added to: +8% and +24% respectively.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Also you should go reread the mastery for demo since it is not the same as pre 6.0. Before it was damage while in meta form. Now it is the damage of spells that can only be cast in meta. Normally this isn't a change (mostly just to stop HoG weaving) but it does affect Doom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    Also you should go reread the mastery for demo since it is not the same as pre 6.0. Before it was damage while in meta form. Now it is the damage of spells that can only be cast in meta. Normally this isn't a change (mostly just to stop HoG weaving) but it does affect Doom.
    No. I explained 2 posts above what Mastery does. All spells always did, and still do benefit from Mastery; what changed is which spells benefit from the additional Metamorphosis bonus.