Another Refund Build Request

Been putting this off for a couple years now since other things have been more important, but I am going to have some money left over after getting car fixed, so I think it's time.

Budget: $650, maybe. That's stretching it, $500-600 would be ideal, but that may be tough.
    Resolution: 1080p
    Games / Settings Desired: As high as possible within budget
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc): Been thinking getting into streaming.
    Parts that can be reused:
    newegg /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005 - Is about 4 years old, but should still be good right?
    HDD is practically brand new as old one crapped out earlier this year.
    I could re-use the case if I absolutely had to, but I would like a new one.
    newegg /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156078&cm_re=Raidmax_Smilodon-_-11-156-078-_-Product
    Do you need an OS? I may be able to get brother-in-law to pick me up a student copy.
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)? No

Can not post links yet, I'm sure you can figure out what to do with provided though.

Deleted
    Although i would generally recommend a new psu with a new system you would have to loosen the i5 4690k/Z97 combo or gpu for it. Hmm, i'd say that, if it runs fine you can keep for a little longer.

About the case you linked, you don't have the budget for an expensive case and this is one specifically is a total waste of money. I get the front "sporty" look but the case itself is crap, for that money you could get a miles ahead better quality one. Anyway point one, you don't have the budget for it.

So you re-use hdd and psu. How about ram? Does't your current rig have 2x4gb DDR3? If yes you can re-use that too and shift the money somewhere else or just save it.
    This is what i propose.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.95 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($97.98 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: Kingston Fury Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card ($209.95 @ Directron)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($57.99 @ Micro Center)
    Total: $648.86
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-03 02:40 EST-0500

wrong post, sorry

Yeah, I am not super comfortable recycling the PSU myself but budget is budget. Either next year, or the year after, I am planning on replacing PSU, getting an aftermarket cooler and an SSD.

Yeah, that case is at least 6 years old. I recycled it from previous build and really do not want to again. I thought it was neat that the whole motherboard tray came down. Made putting it together a bit easier. Other than that though, it is crap and I regretted buying it after putting it together. It also seems to have a hot spot down by the GPU as my GPU constantly runs hotter than I think it should.

Yes, forgot about RAM. It is 2x4GB of DDR2-1600. Definitely going to re-use it. Here it is:
    newegg /Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233147
    Like the PSU, it is only 4 years old, so good for a while I'd guess. The fins fell off one of the sticks when I pulled it out to help a friend test his system, but that's ok. If I go for an aftermarket cooler later on down the road I will have to take the fins off the other one or replace it altogether anyway.

Dropping the RAM brings the build below $600, so that is perfect. Leaves room to pick up Windows if I can't get that student copy.

Deleted
    The ram you got, you mean its DDR3 not DDR2 right? Thats what i can tell from the link. If its DDR2 you cannot re-use it, it wont fit in the slots. If its DDR3 then no reason to buy new ones. When you do get an aftermarket cooler you are going to have ram clearance problem, cause those fins are tall, unless you won't use more than 2 ram slots.

|| Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    The ram you got, you mean its DDR3 not DDR2 right? Thats what i can tell from the link. If its DDR2 you cannot re-use it, it wont fit in the slots. If its DDR3 then no reason to buy new ones. When you do get an aftermarket cooler you are going to have ram clearance problem, cause those fins are tall, unless you won't use more than 2 ram slots.
    Yeah, DDR3, typo there, sorry. As I said, the fins came off one of them already, I can likely easily remove the other. It may still be too tall though, but that's a problem for another day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    -- comes in at $588.
    That does not take into consideration any of the parts I can re-use and is much worse than what Kost posted. Thanks though.