Deleted

Best Dps specc for DKs in BRF?

Hello ppl

Im atm 6/7M Death knight and im wondering what is gonna be better for Dps for DKs

I see Frost and Unholy both doing well but i cant really find what is going to be better in BRF.

If someone can post something about this would be great!

As of current ptr build unholy is superior for both single target and aoe.

Whatever you play best and have the best gear for.

Deleted
    Right now if you have progressed in Highmaul, ull have the same gear for frost as you would unholy with a couple of exceptions since the majority of gear in there only has 1 peice per slot. That said Play Unholy.

Both specs are close enough in tersm fo performance to be able to play what you personally prefer. If you are interested in what bears the most potential it should be unholy for BRF.
    While it currently looks like that frost is rather weak compared to unholy if you look at logs, I would from personal experience with frost 2h this tier say that frost is simply underrepresented amogn the better players which makes it look worse than it really is. I also don't want to start that discussion again as such a thing is incredibly hard to prove and should therfore considered a theory of mien based on personal experience compared to performance seen in logs.

Frost DW will probably make a return in BRF as the gear avilable there is way better itemized than HM gear, that is true for unholy, too, but will definitely make the spec more attractive, especially since it can now actually compare to unholy cleave/AoE due to the BB nerf a while ago.

Overall I see unholy as most reliable due to being able to actually use all 3 Lv100 talents effectively, especially NP which makes significant AoE and cleave completely free allowing it to perform well on Boss dmg while maintaining pressure on Adds and councilish bosses.
    Frost DW can't really make BoS work at all due to the hard hitting FS without a proper BoS adjustment to compensate and NP is a bit questionable for both frost specs, even if it might be worth it to some degree it doesn't bring the same kind of versatility unholy gains from it.

Frost will be way more straight forward while you might be able to do quite some useful shenanigans with unholy due to its higher flexibility which is likely to give it the edge over frost, but it would be way too early to call frost bad or even dead.

Unholy can do everything Frost can and has better runspeed, better passive damage and a larger aoe radius. Those things can't really be simulated, but they're very nice to have.

I think if you can play both equally and enjoy both then unholy comes ahead still in terms of damage output (but it is possible DW frost might pull ahead in some specific situations). What i have been doing is building 2 sets of kit at the moment 2h frost and unholy. Hopefully going to get 2x mythic 1handers soon and drop 2h frost for DW as it's just a spec i enjoy playing.

So hyped up for BRF some of the fights look super fun.

Deleted
    Neither of them with the current status of the set bonuses, sure both specs will perform okay here in the first week, but as soon as other classes gets 2p/4p we'll fall far behind.

Still no luck here https://twitter.com/EnvyFnx/status/562624313401286657
    Playing DK DPS isn't viable compare to other classes at a competitive level.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnx- View Post
    Playing DK DPS isn't viable compare to other classes at a competitive level.
    I can't do anything but agree with you sir.