Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah that is kind of minor animal abuse, dogs and cats have different digestive systems and behavior from us, so even if it doesn't affect humans as much it can be devastating for your pet. My mother used to always smoke weed and it always made me physically sick, even now I sometimes throw up or feel nauseous when she smokes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's disgusting, feel sorry for the poor cat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    When I hit rock bottom I was injecting 7+ marijuanas a day. I almost died in a gutter.
    Surrounded by roaches?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Tell them to stop.. They're idiots and it's a shitty thing to do to your pet. Cats don't react to it the same way humans do, and even if they did they are MUCH smaller and blowing a concentration meant for humans into a cats breath would be like force-feeding them many times their max desired amount.

Well first I'm not sure what their sexuality has to do with anything in the topic at hand. Second what they're doing to the cat is wrong. I would call animal control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Ah catnip. Good times. I may have to give some to my cat tonight.
    Shame my cat doesn't react to it. Just sniffs it and goes meh.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Well first I'm not sure what their sexuality has to do with anything in the topic at hand.
    I suppose it has no real bearing on the topic, apologies if I offended you.

Quote Originally Posted by stormywaters View Post
    I suppose it has no real bearing on the topic, apologies if I offended you.
    I'm not offended. I'm not gay. I just think it's stupid that people feel the need to bring that part up anytime a homosexual is being talked about. Kinda makes me think you have a problem with them for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Shame my cat doesn't react to it. Just sniffs it and goes meh.
    How old is your cat? It doesn't affect them before a certain age.

7+ Year Old Account
    I knew someone who did that with their dog while I was in the room. It is fucked up if you ask me, more akin to smoking a cigarette in a room with someone and not letting them out. Maybe not as bad as dog fighting or beating your dog but lets not pretend it isn't fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    God made humans to give handjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Being older isn't an excuse for being wrong or obtuse. Grats on being the guy that makes me side with Didactic.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not offended. I'm not gay. I just think it's stupid that people feel the need to bring that part up anytime a homosexual is being talked about. Kinda makes me think you have a problem with them for that.
    I don't think that it's something you should have to avoid mentioning either. I mean it's not as if the OP was using that fact in any sort of derogatory way. It was just a casual observation about the nature of his friends' relationship, no different than if he'd said he had some friends who were a happy/unhappy/wealthy/poor/older couple. It's just an adjective, and I think putting too much emphasis on avoiding it is just as harmful as putting too much emphasis on mentioning it.

As long as the way it's mentioned isn't derogatory, it's not a big deal.

Deleted
    I personally think its just as bad as child cruelty so I think its totally wrong and shouldn't happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 1 massive cat and three rotweillers. I get them high on occassion, they seem to enjoy it and always come back for more or come around when they smell me smoking. I even give my dogs beer sometimes.

When they get high with me they typically stick around let me blow smoke towards their noses and go laid down when they've had enough, so it is not like I ever force it on them. They seem to enjoy it and looks like they have some awesome dreams afterwards, one of my rotties will howl and smile in his sleep it's quite humorous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    I have 1 massive cat and three rotweillers. I get them high on occassion, they seem to enjoy it and always come back for more or come around when they smell me smoking. I even give my dogs beer sometimes.

When they get high with me they typically stick around let me blow smoke towards their noses and go laid down when they've had enough, so it is not like I ever force it on them. They seem to enjoy it and looks like they have some awesome dreams afterwards, one of my rotties will howl and smile in his sleep it's quite humorous.
    Go directly to hell. Don't pass go. Don't collect £200.

I'll keep that in mind the next time I post.
    Thanks for reading

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stormywaters View Post
    So my question to anyone is this: Positive (or negative) effects of ingesting marijuana aside, do you think it’s morally wrong to get a household pet high?
    Yes, the animal can't consent so you shouldn't do it. Your friends are a couple of POS.

Nothing has ever felt so morally wrong after getting your 2 year old black cat high one night, and we never saw him again. We had a ritual of taking him out once in a while(maybe once a month) and a few months ago, was the last time as he never returned, either eaten by wolves(common near our small town) or taken in by strangers we hope. We were all heartbroken and half my family still doesn't know the whole tale(not our first cat to run away, Wont be our last) his name was Vader, and his sister misses him every day. We'll be getting a new kitten this weekend to fill the hole in our heart and hopefully give our other tiny cat someone to play with and chase. We had an older cat, 13 years old who pretty much lived and survived so long because weed helped with her pain, all of this has made me come to conclusion that weed while alright for cats, should be introduced gradually over a lengthy period of time and for older cats at least into 6 years maturity. Never making those mistakes again.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Considering it's toxic to your pet, and you're poisoning your cat when you do that, yes, it's morally wrong.

See links by Algathor:

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if they don't hurt themselves and it's funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Go directly to hell. Don't pass go. Don't collect £200.
    I knew I was going to hell nearly 20 years ago, and this is at the bottom of the list of reasons. I see nothing wrong with this when my pets voluntarily get in my face when they know I'm smoking. My dogs are smart I've paid thousands of dollars to make sure they are well trained. They do not like cigarette smoke, but they know what the hell weed is and they come running when they smell it. They inhale a hit or two from me then go lay down. Vet says they are all as healthy as 5 year old rotties can be, so it's a non issue.
    Last edited by tj119; 2015-02-02 at 09:30 PM.