Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen a bunch of typos myself, perhaps a few more than usual. I agree that it's a bit embarrassing for Blizzard and can be a little annoying if there's a typo in something that you see come up all the time. Other than that typos happen and given all the made up words that the game employs a spellchecker is probably more harm than good.

It's sloppy though. No doubt about that. They used to be pretty good about fixing them in beta if brought to someone's attention. Don't know if that happened this time around or not.

I'd advise everyone to chill out about it though. Many of them will get fixed with the next patch and going on about it as if it's some game-breaking thing is unseemly. Perspective, people.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'd advise everyone to chill out about it though. Many of them will get fixed with the next patch and going on about it as if it's some game-breaking thing is unseemly. Perspective, people.
    No doubt they'll get fixed. I think the elephant in the room is that the number of typos is staggeringly high compared to previous expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    No doubt they'll get fixed. I think the elephant in the room is that the number of typos is staggeringly high compared to previous expansions.
    Proofreading game text has to be one of the worst tasks to be assigned to at Blizzard HQ. But someone should do it and it does appear that more cracks were slipped through than normal.

There's a story in there somewhere. Probably an interesting one at that. I would think it's a symptom of whatever happened to cause the expansion to take so long to get done (and it's a bit more than "we increased our team size"). I don't think the expansion itself feels unfinished necessarily but there's a certain....I don't know....tentative quality about a lot of it. Better on paper than in reality I think.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2015-02-03 at 07:49 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Yeah, I've noticed it's way too prevalent in WoD. I've seen some errors in previous expansions, but WoD really took the cake. It's like there wasn't anybody around to proof-read before releasing the final product. To throw around a recent word, it makes it appear unfinished. A rushed product and they were just lacking by not bothering to check most quest text.
    The one that really bothers me is that Garrison Mine Coffee Thing, and it says it works in 'Garrison Mine's'. /sigh
    Blizzard are a business, and it's just unprofessional to have so many spelling mistakes in their game. I see enough butchering of English in trade chat (Granted, not everyone playing is English, so it might be their second language); I wouldn't expect it from the designers.
    You have a few gramatical errors and syntax errors and run-on sentences in your post.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    'Yea' (pronounced yeɪ) is an affirmation or yes vote, synonymous with 'aye' and opposite 'nay'. 'Yeah' is an informal form of yes.
    Not sure what you are trying to point out? That they both mean yes?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Not sure what you are trying to point out? That they both mean yes?
    One is a formal affirmation in voting (yea/aye and nay). The other is an informal drawl when saying the word yes.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2015-02-03 at 04:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, yay, and yeah are three different words.

Yea and yay are pronounced the same; yea is an affirmative vote (the opposite of nay) and yay is an exclamation of delight. Yeah is just an informal version of yes.

"Do you want to go to the movies?" "Yeah, sure."

"If you're voting nay, I'm voting yea."

"Yay! I won a million dollars!"

I saw a typo in an ability tooltip, but I was just like "meh" and moved on with my life.