Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Very, very few people - the scrupulously honest and/or delusional - consider themselves paragons of virtue who'd never, EVER commit a trespass in life. However, most of us mortals will eventually succumb to bending or breaking rules in moments of weakness or desperation.

Now imagine if you, an imperfect, fallible human being prone to unorthodox actions if circumstances push you in that direction, end up alongside some schmuck who'll tell on you at the drop of a hat.

Snitches get stitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeshear View Post
    Its pretty much put in us as kids. Dont be a tattletale. I never told on someone for cheating or stuff in school, they get caught eventually and they learn nothing. So they lose eventually.
    This.

Let them do what they want.. try cheating in college past your 2 year. See how far you get..PLEASE lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Eurydemus View Post
    Very, very few people - the scrupulously honest and/or delusional - consider themselves paragons of virtue who'd never, EVER commit a trespass in life. However, most of us mortals will eventually succumb to bending or breaking rules in moments of weakness or desperation.

Now imagine if you, an imperfect, fallible human being prone to unorthodox actions if circumstances push you in that direction, end up alongside some schmuck who'll tell on you at the drop of a hat.

Snitches get stitches.
    Saying it like that sounds like you're blaming the "snitch" for something you yourself did wrong. Yes, everyone makes mistakes, of course, no one's perfect. With that being said, there's no such thing as a free lunch. Just because someone has does NOTHING wrong throughout their entire life doesn't suddenly permit them to break the rules. Instead of taking responsibility they're placing the blame on someone for tattling on them.

How many people are going to stop cheating just because some random person with no authority tells them to? Or is one expected to strong arm and threaten the cheater to get them to stop? That seems really unorthodox in my opinion. Now I couldn't care less if someone cheats or not. But expecting everyone to just be okay with it is stupid and setting yourself up to get caught.

Honestly, this "snitches get stitches" mentality is dangerous. When some asshole double parks and I can't get out of my spot, what am I supposed to do? Wait by his car and beat the shit out of him until he moves or wait for someone to notice? No way in hell am I doing that, I'm calling someone and getting his ass towed. I have places to be. There are people whose job it is to deal with this situation.

Again, my opinion is that it's not necessary to tattle if the person is only harming themselves, that's not for me to decide though. That's why there are rules in place, and there's rarely circumstances that justify rules to be broken (but they exist for sure). But when other people are being negatively affected that's when "snitching" needs to happen. There's no justification for harming another individual.

These people need to grow up, take responsibility for their actions, and stop blaming others.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2015-02-06 at 07:03 PM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Everyone breaks the rules sometimes. Be prepared for it to come back around.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Everyone breaks the rules sometimes. Be prepared for it to come back around.
    You mean if I break the rules I could potentially be subject to the repercussions of my own actions? Oh noes. Personal responsibility makes me break out in hives.