Deleted

Help 4 better Performance as Assa (Log included!)

Hey Guys!

This is my first Post, so plz dont be rude ^^ I ve a really high opinion of this site!

So i was doing Combat (cause of Weapons) the last few weeks in Hm. For Butcher mythic i switched to Assassination and iam not really happy about my performance! So maybe you can get me some tips to perform better at Gruul tomorrow :-)

Thanks a lot

Here s the Logs: "You are not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."
    So Please have a look at -> warcraftlogs -> aggressive -> Blackmoore - EU -> 2.2.15 -> alle Trys -> Damage Done -> Nakomi !

nako

First you gotta know assassination is the lowest dps spec atm, so don't expect amazing numbers.

I did a quick look through your logs and armory and i haven't found alot that's wrong.

Couple things though:

On the replay I saw that your opening can use some work. you did : Mut>Mut>5rupture>mut>envenom>CD's. This is a waste since you arent using your pot and procs for shadow reflection/vendetta. The opening I use is> Mut>Mut>SR>Vendetta>Rupture> rotation. This way you got the extra bit of dmg of the cloned rupture + your SR should get good use of your pot and procs. You could try pooling a bit but that could mean you lose a couple sec on your SR with pots.

No point in using glyph of feint if you dont have the talent that makes it work. Use glyph of disapearance to get a couple extra mutilates in your rotation.
    This one is I think a more personal prefference of mine, but I prefer to enchant/gem crit instead of mastery. They should both sim out the same value( Mastery best if you enchant crit and vice versa), but the fact that crits give combopoints is something i like so i can improve uptime on envenom.

Also since the bleed enchant scales with Slice&Dice I think its still the better enchant for rogues on weapons.

I think the biggest thing I can see is your Envenom uptime was only at 61%. The top parses are generally in the 80-85% range. Part of this is based on RNG, but you can start to help that by getting more crit (i.e. thunderlord enchant at least on one weapon). I don't have thunderlord on either of my weapons, and I can typically get around 70-75% uptime on envenom.

Something you might try messing around with is using Marked for Death instead of anticipation. It changes the rotation slightly, but I've noticed an increase in DPS and a higher uptime on envenom. I'm 669 ilvl in my mut gear, and I'm getting around 28-31k as MFD, 26.5k-28k as anticipation.

MFD opener as I use it.

From Stealth, prepot (coin if you got it), sprint (if you guys are doing the sewer method), mutilate (still from stealth), mutilate, reflection, rupture, vendetta, mfd, envenom. Then instead of waiting for 5 cp always, you can envenom on 4/5 cp. make sure you rupture at 5 cp though.

You can cheese MFD a little bit on mythic. Use a macro to target the adds as they're coming in and cast mfd on them (include mfd in the macro) and it will reset A LOT. On heroic, you can't cheese this nearly as much because there aren't any adds. Using MFD in this fashion you should be able to significantly increase your damage, because MFD is going to be resetting all the time so you can funnel a lot more envenoms in.

Normally it is not advisable to clip envenom buff until you have less than 2 seconds (so that it can reset to 8 seconds using pandemic). But with this method you might use more envenoms enabling you to have a very high uptime on envenom.

Macro should be something like this:

#showtooltip marked for death
    /target night
    /cast marked for death
    /targetlasttarget

then envenom, then hit it again if there are any more adds out. Try to save your mfd for when the adds are getting pretty close to butcher so that they die sooner and you can spam the button again.

Good luck.

That is a great post Athonel, but I think that OP would be better to focus on fundamentals first before adding that particular degree of complication.

OP, you definitely lost a ton of dps from bad opener. I will take a look at your logs in a bit and let you know what else I see.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    That is a great post Athonel, but I think that OP would be better to focus on fundamentals first before adding that particular degree of complication.

OP, you definitely lost a ton of dps from bad opener. I will take a look at your logs in a bit and let you know what else I see.
    Thanks, and I agree. However, if he is struggling with basic mechanics, he really shouldn't be doing mythic butcher. That's what normal mode and target dummies are for.

No offense intended to OP.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    You have to bite the bullet and swap to Sub.

I'm a fan of Assassination too and prefer it over sub, but I run combat/sub since it's where the best performance is. Assassination is only a spec you should play in a raid environment if you are raiding casually and strictly for fun ( as opposed to pushing progression ).

It's unfortunate that you can be forced into a spec you don't enjoy playing as much in order to maximize your damage - but it's a fact of reality. You will not perform at the same level as a sub rogue if you are playing assassination - sub will always outperform currently.

On the positive side, the swap from Ass --> Sub is not difficult from a gear point of view, esp if you already have a decent combat weapon ( just go dagger MH and your best weapon of any type in your OH ... it can be a slow OH ). The fun part is learning a new rotation and rebuilding your weak auras.

GL and cheers!
    I'm going to disagree with you on this, especially since set bonuses are attainable. Yes, sin is still behind sub on single target. However, the gap has closed significantly. At 680 ilvl, Sin is 2.3k dps behind sub. That is 6% behind, and sin is now middle of the road instead of being #dogshit. That coupled with the skill ceiling of sin and sub, it is much more likely that the average to above average player is going to be much closer to 100% efficiency on sin than sub.

The reality of the OP's situation is this: if he is struggling to meet DPS reqs and/or he is at the bottom of the dps charts in his specific guild, then he needs to make a change of some sort.

My situation is different than his. I am very competitive with the dps in my guild on ST fights as sin, usually top 5.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17H.html