Having a hard time getting GR

So, I am having trouble getting enough GR to upgrade my stuff to rank 3.

I got;
    Dwarven bunker 2
    Lumber mill 2 (that I keep 100 % on work orders)

I only got 1x with Scavanger but I keep all my followers on missions 100 %

So what am I doing wrong? Is it that I send followers out on to many missions or what? Because it seems like everyone has capped GR and Im here with 200 struggling.

Should I stop pumping missions?
    Should I maybe get a Inn insted of LM so I can recruit scavangers?

Also
    Whats the best "passive" garrison setup? I got 1x alt and I cba to do 2x garrisons so I want it to run as easy as possible.

Go work on getting your lumbermill to level 3 and get the follower. That will increase your workorders from 20 per workorder to 30 per work order.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzete View Post
    Go work on getting your lumbermill to level 3 and get the follower. That will increase your workorders from 20 per workorder to 30 per work order.
    I was thinking that I might wait until 6.1 hits with that because it wont cost GR to upgrade then, or am I wrong?

Upgrading your lumber mill + adding the Tree Guy to work in it will increase the output by 50%. Go and kill all the rares and find all the treasures.... theres tonnes of GR from them alone.

Deleted
    Scavengers and trading post are my main sources. Lumber mill is similar to TP I assume but scavengers are huge. Just try and get a handful from inn or go recruit all followers possible and hope to get lucky.

I much prefer the trading post over the lumber mill, but if you're really short on resources, run them both. Convert all your unused resources to garrison resources using the trading post. I stock mine whenever it's ore or one of the herbs that I have multiple stacks of at this point. With the storage yard giving extra capacity, I can fill it up 1-2 times a week when the item matches up to a cheap one. Have you already farmed all the rares and treasures from all the zones? Those give a pretty decent chunk of resources by the time you're done (every rare gives resources on the first kill).
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scavenger missions are the way to go. Get two or three scavengers that line up the the GR missions. I've had missions where I've gotten as much as 1225 resources. I think the trading post is way better than the lumber mill as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    So, I am having trouble getting enough GR to upgrade my stuff to rank 3.

I got;
    Dwarven bunker 2
    Lumber mill 2 (that I keep 100 % on work orders)

I only got 1x with Scavanger but I keep all my followers on missions 100 %

So what am I doing wrong? Is it that I send followers out on to many missions or what? Because it seems like everyone has capped GR and Im here with 200 struggling.

Also
    Whats the best "passive" garrison setup? I got 1x alt and I cba to do 2x garrisons so I want it to run as easy as possible.
    Most people who are done/capped probably started a long time ago.

I started back in early December, and my second toon is probably about where you're at right now. Here's the important points I've figured out in my admittedly limited experience;

1> Get a Scavenger follower. Better yet, get three (more than that's probably not as helpful). If you didn't luck into one by chance (I didn't, on my first toon), get the Inn level 2 ASAP, and use that to recruit Scavenger followers. They're going to become less effective in 6.1, providing a +100% bonus rather than 200%, but they still help. A Scavenger follower with a 53% success rate is better in terms of GR earning than a follower with a 100% success. This really shines on the occasional high-level multi-follower GR mission, since stacking Scavengers gets sillypants; I've gotten ~900 GR from a single mission.

2> Don't bother with Lumber Mill 3. If you're capping Lumber work orders already, the extra Lumber from large trees doesn't help. Phylarch, the follower you can get at LM3, can work to provide you with 50% more GR per work order; that's 10 more per work order, or 60 more GR per day, so it'll take 10 days to "pay off" the upgrade, and until you have, it's a net loss of GR. By that time, you've already earned everything the LM has to offer; I'd hold off on this upgrade until you want Phylarch to get him in your list, not for GR. Once you get some Scavengers, you probably won't need the extra GR from the Lumber Mill, anyway.

3> Rares. Get something like the Handynotes addon that marks rares/lootables on your map. A large number of them provide 10-30 GR, including (I think) every rare spawn mob. Unlike prior expansions, these mostly respawn instantly; they're once-a-character rather than something you check for spawns of, meaning they're totally something you can (and should) plow through and eliminate. You'll also get a bunch of stuff you can DE/sell, and some toys. I can't recall if the Level 100 rares also drop GR, but you'll get a bundle out of the others, which are pretty much all easily soloable, especially at 100.

Other than that, it's basically waiting around on work orders/missions/etc.

I hate to say this and I want everyone to know Im being serious, best way to get GR is the garrison cache.

I have 7 alts and I login every 3 days to empty the cache and I am almost capped.

Best way to get GR, take a break come back in 3 days and empty the cache, repeat.

I do this by rotating alts, so boost another 90 and work on that one while the other character cache fills up

Or if you have some lower level characters work on leveling them up.

I was stressed out too about not having enough resources to build things but then I took 2 days off and came back and haven't run out of resources since.

I got trade post and LM atm.

But should I stop spamming missions then until I can get rank 2 Inn or something?
    Thanks for all the help so far people

I have killed most rares etc but when I started I was kinda rubbish and didnt care so I kinda replaced buldings all the time.. Like built Glad rank 2 and then a few days later switched etc etc
    Last edited by Kimpan; 2015-02-03 at 06:07 PM.

I got trade post and LM atm.

But should I stop spamming missions then until I can get rank 2 Inn or something?
    Thanks for all the help so far people
    Are all your followers level 100 and epic already? If so, stop spamming follower experience missions as much as possible (unless your spamming them for the large salvage crates). On my level 100 alts that I don't want to go running around farming everything yet again on, I only spam the gold, gear and garrison resource missions. The rest will drop off eventually.
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    Are all your followers level 100 and epic already? If so, stop spamming follower experience missions as much as possible (unless your spamming them for the large salvage crates). On my level 100 alts that I don't want to go running around farming everything yet again on, I only spam the gold, gear and garrison resource missions. The rest will drop off eventually.
    No, they aint.. but most are 100. Well, is it more important to get them to epic before I get like Bunker rank 3 / Inn rank 3 or LM rank 3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Scavengers and trading post are my main sources. Lumber mill is similar to TP I assume but scavengers are huge. Just try and get a handful from inn or go recruit all followers possible and hope to get lucky.
    Trading post is initially good because it asks for raw mats and converts each work order to 30 GR, compared to the LM which converts (initially) at 20 GR per work order till you get the follower which ups conversion to 30 GR.

However, if you look at the PTR notes, Blizzard is upping the base rate of LM to 30 GR (which with a follower would yield 45 GR).

Now on WoD release LM was also limited in that you could only have 1 stack of 250 lumber at any time. Since then they have removed this cap so you could stockpile higher.

The added benefit of the TP is that the random vendor their sometimes sells the mat that the TP wants at 20 GR (returns 30 GR so net 10 GR).

Either way, scavengers are really nice at the lv 100 GR missions since they typically allow up to 3 followers to go. With 2 followers and a 100% counter, you can easily get a lot of GR in one mission. The problem here is that a) you need to get the followers with scavenger (either by luck or by Inn) and level them to 100 then equip them with enough gear to run those missions.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Deleted
    Trading Post is better than LM if you run many characters at once. You don't really want to go out and farm lumber in no-fly Draenor on 5+ characters don't you? And the resource output is actually favoring TP as it gives 30/order right off the bat. For LM to give 30/order you have to go through some grinding.

WoD mats are ultra cheap anyways. Most of them are under 1g each which translates to like 3-5 gold per work order which is laughable. Effort taken to farm up lumber is really not worth the outcome. After the patch it will be 45/order with follower so it might be a bit better.

Still that's 1 more follower to assign to a building. On a developed garrison this is a drawback as this 25 follower limit is already pretty constricting. Once your follower crew is leveled and geared you'll get crapton of GR from scavenging. 3-4 scavengers do the trick, my GR are constantly growing at a rate of about 2-3k per week with dwarven bunker melting them down 24/7. You want to stockpile them for trait rerolling for the new TH trait (which is going to be extremely good. On 5 alts I already make like 20-30k per week from gold missions. Now multiply that by about 2.5)

No, they aint.. but most are 100. Well, is it more important to get them to epic before I get like Bunker rank 3 / Inn rank 3 or LM rank 3?
    Follower quality directly relates to the types of missions you will get, so it is still important to level them up higher. Whether or not that is more important than getting the buildings to higher levels is something you would have to decide. Bunker gives you 1 bonus roll token per week at level 3, inn gives you the treasure missions, LM is most likely just more work orders. For the majority of buildings, level 2 is the most important one as that's when you can assign a follower to them. My personal set ups are the only mandatory buildings at level 3 are the salvage yard, barn, and bunker. The other's aren't that important to ME and will get there eventually.

I also had a lack o resources when I reached level 100. The best way was to get buildings to level 3 was farming treasures and rares. Lumber Mill and Trading Post are nice, of course but not as fast as farming treasures/rares.

So last night I removed my LM and got a Inn. Recruited a scavanger and another today.

Ive already made 1k GR so it was totally worth it! Really notice the improvement =)

Putting up the Trading Post as well as the Lumber Mill and creating a GR cushion for yourself is really good way to go. Another thing to look at is all the treasures that provide you with GR. And you may have missed some quests out there which reward GR as well.