Pets clutter in raids

This has been an issue that has bothered me since the dawn of men.. in warcraft.

it seems that so many classes have pets these days, and it's very confusing and doesn't really "add" anything but just a messy clutter
    especially when you're dealing with huge bosses, or you need to see effects on the ground
    or even if you just want to know where your actual raid members are, cause who cares where the pets are

Now, Blizzard have already dealt with this issue in Diablo 3.
    In Diablo 3, your party members pets are partially invisible.
    And i think this kind of solution could work very well in WoW as well.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement, but just increasing transparency for anyone who's not pet owner shouldn't be impossible.

Edit: it seems i wasn't very clear, i didn't mean battle-pets. i meant class-specific pets/guardians
    Last edited by Notter; 2015-02-04 at 12:01 AM.

I agree. I hate pet classes, and stupid battle pets out. I understand the purpose of pet battles, it is its own little mini game. But just having a little guy out trailing you all over the world that you can barely see anyways when zoomed out, AND makes stupid noises? Never understood it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They actually talked about this at Blizzcon. They do agree it's a big issue, especially in larger raids, and they said they'd like to work on some things to help the situation. One example they mentioned is maybe making shaman fire elemental a ranged DPS.

But no ETA on it. I imagine they have a lot of higher priority stuff to deal with.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

ablib, i actually meant pets such as fire/ice elemental, DK pets, hunter pets, warlock pets etc.
    most classes have pets, and it's gotten way out of hand

That's one thing I really don't like about >10m raiding even when communication isn't very important because you're just doing farm. And I don't just mean the pets. When you're melee and find the need to click target because tab just isn't on-the-ball at the time, accidentally clicking other players and their pets/guardians can get kind of frustrating when the specific boss is already having hitbox issues. (Don't you just love 5+ seconds of downtime trying to get a melee ability off because the tanks shifted a bit and you thought your resources were just low?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    They actually talked about this at Blizzcon. They do agree it's a big issue, especially in larger raids, and they said they'd like to work on some things to help the situation. One example they mentioned is maybe making shaman fire elemental a ranged DPS.
    Honestly, that one's extremely easy as in this same expansion they added the ranged Storm Elemental and it's not terribly far behind Fire Elemental in DPS in the first place; meaning most of the guesswork for ballparking it is already done.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

But no ETA on it. I imagine they have a lot of higher priority stuff to deal with.
    It would actually make a lot of sense for pet classes to have both ranged and melee pets. It would clean up a lot of the clutter around the boss for sure.

Ya but you can just turn off pets though.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    My guild, when we do raiding for funsies, apparently likes to summon forth Speedy for good luck.

I don't get it, but I go along with it. Pets have never really bothered me unless everyone makes them super-sized.

It seems like, despite agreeing that they are too distracting, they keep adding in pets that are huge and spells that make them even bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I happens all the time including in dungeons, it really irks me when those stupid helium balloons pets came out, and every idiot in the dungeon blocked los with they damn things.... I wish blizzard added a /pop feature to pop those ppl's balloons and have a 2 hrs respawn debuff on it....

but really it should be GM's or raid leads decision to ban them from raids... if blizzard doesn't fix it themselves
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Get rid of non-combat pets and I'd quit. I guess an option to make other people's non-combat pets invisible would be all right.

I do think some of the combat pets are a little big though.