Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    fotm ruins everyones experience but ur own
    Considering I pay a sub to have fun, this is...um...working as intended?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    You say people that don't run fotm are scrubs? Oh boy the logic. Only bads need to reroll to the OP class because they are bad. I still rek fotm scrubs on my monk.
    Reking scrubs is the only thing lolwalkers can do in pvp, they are worthless against players who have a clue. Your MoP days of glory are done.

OP just ignore everyone for poking fun at you for rerolling. Hopefully you can continue the FoTM train to a tainted Glad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anzen

Ontopic I'm starting to feel forced to play my restodruid, mostly because it's impossible for me to find an RMP to push higher. Been trying for a week now, had some decent talks but they all want a druid until I'm buffed :/

So it's not all about your own mentality, it's about others aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

FotM rolling is devoid of integrity.
    Inspiring gamers are the ones you can follow through their challenges, their weakness, the way they overcome it, from the bottom of the barrel up to the stars.

One analogy that could speak to younger people : Can you imagine Naruto series only focusing on victorious characters ? Like every time a good char starts to lose its advantage (Naruto, Gaara, etc), the episode instantly switches to another battle elsewhere, showing some new OP ninja ? You would be bored. It's the small weaknesses that trigger compassion, therefore identification. And through this bond, overcoming a weakness turns into excitement.

Same for (e-)sports spectating / supporting.

I have never rerolled main in 3 years but whenever I feel bored I just go make fotm spec and see if I enjoy playing them. Why would you pick a bad spec for an alt if you invested 0 effort in the char at that point? Knowingly picking a subpar class would just be dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bi0nicButtnick View Post
    I see FOTM rollers as people who always want to be at the top of the damage meters, want to do the highest numbers and want their epeen stroked because they do the biggest numbers. That's all they are.
    Or people who dont want to get benched because their class/spec happens to be awful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolcats121 View Post
    Or people who dont want to get benched because their class/spec happens to be awful.
    in pvp you dont get benched, you get wrecked or you win.

in raids you dont get benched unless you are member of a world first guild or a guild thats stupid enough to sit out Players that can perform well in their class just to take someone else with a suposedly superior class but bad Play. just by playing class x Players do not automatically beat someone as a tank/healer/dps nor makes them immune to Encounter mechanics.

OP is right. "FOTM" rerolling is bullshit. People that cry this are generally bad players who can only play their one class.

A good player can play any class and achieve mastery of it in a short time. WoW is a very easy game to pick up with all the information out there you can learn every little trick to every class and spec in the game.

People who roll and stick by the underpowered classes:

1. suck too much to leave their comfort zone
    2. tryhard and want an excuse for their losses

At the end of the day WoW is constantly changed and classes get buffed/nerfed constantly to the point whatever you played 5 years ago isn't the same as how it is played today. All those little tricks and masteries you learned become totally obsolete. So no seeing underpowered classes achieving high ratings in arena isn't a display of skill by that one class, I usually say "God damn, that hunter must really hate himself to carry a scrub partner so high". In essence; people who deliberately play underpowered classes and then bitch about fotm are just wasting their time. WoW will never ever be balanced so quit trying so hard and getting so mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borfl you forgot:

3. People who really like sticking to their main because they like the playstyle of that class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Borfl you forgot:

3. People who really like sticking to their main because they like the playstyle of that class.
    No class has a unique play style.

The melee plate classes have the same style, their abilities have different names and might differ in utility but they are mostly the same.
    The leather melee classes all have energy, combo points (rogues, ferals and monks), stuns and hit&run tactics, only thing different is that monks don't have stealth.
    The casters have two playstyles: hit&run (mage, hunter) and facetank (lock, spriest), with balance druid being a hybrid of both.

This is a game so everyone should do what they find fun.

Do you like playing with specific classes/specs? Then go for it, play them regardless of current balance.

Do you like seeing your name on top of DPS charts and EPEEN? Then go for it, play whatever is strongest to top meters.

I have each class at max but i do not swap between then depending on balance.
    What other folks do is really nothing i care about.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Enhance shaman since 10 years bro, come at me
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    "Fotm" is such a dumb term used by mostly scrubs to describe a person that is only playing to win. I'm tired of all of the random people that seem to deliberately play underpowered or trash specs so they can sit on these forums with some kind of chip on their shoulder while they wallow away in self pity.

I don't care if you play a WW Monk, Enhancement Shaman, Discipline Priest, Destruction Warlock or any other underpowered spec. Nobody is forcing you to play something that you and everyone else knows is trash. The fact is, competitive people play to win and will use the class that they think will best maximize their potential within the game. Classes are just tools that we use to win, they aren't a sports team where we need to dedicate and sell our souls to.

People that re roll classes based on the environment are not bad people. They're opportunists, risk takers and winners. Scrubs belittle them because scrubs want everyone to play by their artificial rulebook where everyone has to play one class or an underpowered class. God forbid a rational normal human being decides to change the class they play because the old class they were playing wasn't meeting the desired results they wanted.

I don't have a problem with people that do play something they like. I just have a problem with people that do that while talking down to those that don't follow the same code. I find these people to be the worst on these forums. They sit around all day and cry all day how bad and disadvantaged they are because "blizzard hates my class" meanwhile they always have the option to re roll.

I've come to the conclusion that these people secretly want "their class" to always be underpowered. Why? They enjoy the power of never having to lose "fairly" in their eyes. The way they see it, they can never lose clean because every single spec counters whatever they play so they're "expected" to lose. In other words, these people are very sore losers to the point where they will allow themselves to play in a disadvantaged state to ensure that they never lose at their 100%.

When you play the best specs in the game, you are under the highest amount of pressure from the community because you're expected to win. People underestimate the fact that you no matter how overpowered a certain class is, the player using that class still has to compete with a large number of other people playing the same class while using the same exact strategies.

What I'm trying to say is that the "fotm rollers" EARNED their rating no matter what people say about them. The game only measures wins and numbers, it does not measure "fairness."
    You must suck pretty hard if you need unfair advantages of current broken specs to be competitive in pvp

Every class is good in some patches and bad in others, changing to whatever is best every time you start sucking is just wimping out. I suppose if someone already has every class maxed out, plays a bit of everything, but just focuses a bit more on whatever is doing better, that makes sense. But for someone to level a new class, for no other reason than that they suck and need to be overpowered to have fun, that makes them beneath my contempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    "Fotm" is such a dumb term used by mostly scrubs to describe a person that is only playing to win. I'm tired of all of the random people that seem to deliberately play underpowered or trash specs so they can sit on these forums with some kind of chip on their shoulder while they wallow away in self pity.

I don't care if you play a WW Monk, Enhancement Shaman, Discipline Priest, Destruction Warlock or any other underpowered spec. Nobody is forcing you to play something that you and everyone else knows is trash. The fact is, competitive people play to win and will use the class that they think will best maximize their potential within the game. Classes are just tools that we use to win, they aren't a sports team where we need to dedicate and sell our souls to.

People that re roll classes based on the environment are not bad people. They're opportunists, risk takers and winners. Scrubs belittle them because scrubs want everyone to play by their artificial rulebook where everyone has to play one class or an underpowered class. God forbid a rational normal human being decides to change the class they play because the old class they were playing wasn't meeting the desired results they wanted.

I don't have a problem with people that do play something they like. I just have a problem with people that do that while talking down to those that don't follow the same code. I find these people to be the worst on these forums. They sit around all day and cry all day how bad and disadvantaged they are because "blizzard hates my class" meanwhile they always have the option to re roll.

I've come to the conclusion that these people secretly want "their class" to always be underpowered. Why? They enjoy the power of never having to lose "fairly" in their eyes. The way they see it, they can never lose clean because every single spec counters whatever they play so they're "expected" to lose. In other words, these people are very sore losers to the point where they will allow themselves to play in a disadvantaged state to ensure that they never lose at their 100%.

When you play the best specs in the game, you are under the highest amount of pressure from the community because you're expected to win. People underestimate the fact that you no matter how overpowered a certain class is, the player using that class still has to compete with a large number of other people playing the same class while using the same exact strategies.

What I'm trying to say is that the "fotm rollers" EARNED their rating no matter what people say about them. The game only measures wins and numbers, it does not measure "fairness."
    While i think you are generally right, i do not think it´s a bad thing to complain about absurd imbalance. For example i think i was legitimately pissed when mages got nerfed out of sunwell and complained about that (gearing up my shaman to be ready for healing sunwell took about 2 month back then, damn iam still pissed :x) or for example Season 4 Druid/Warri comps were incredible OP and dull to play (nobody earned glad that season, even the mirror was a giant grindy rng fest). So yeah while i don´t have no problem with rerolling fotm i don´t think its legit to rule out all complains about beeing forced to do so completely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Every class is good in some patches and bad in others, changing to whatever is best every time you start sucking is just wimping out. I suppose if someone already has every class maxed out, plays a bit of everything, but just focuses a bit more on whatever is doing better, that makes sense. But for someone to level a new class, for no other reason than that they suck and need to be overpowered to have fun, that makes them beneath my contempt.
    thats bullshit, why would i compete with something subpar? I dont see no reason at all for that not even in your text.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Lets say I play a holy priest and cant stand the disc playstyle. I love to pvp. Am I scrub because I don't try and make holy work?

Quote Originally Posted by WoOmbat View Post
    thats bullshit, why would i compete with something subpar? I dont see no reason at all for that not even in your text.
    Unless I'm mistaken, we're not discussing the desire to try a different class from time to time here.
    But the Fruit of the Month, aka : new patch includes a nerf for a class you love. instead of hanging on, searching what good advantage could hide in other areas, said people would just drop it and lazily surf on what is *said* to be the best class atm (while it may not be true). Like some sort of ... gamedesign hipster, lol.

The problem is that if you drop it every time a weakness appears, you will never really handle any class at its full potential. (because that includes handling its weaknesses.)
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2015-02-04 at 04:34 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, rerolling to "FoTM" is not inherently bad, if you want to be on the bleeding edge of competitive. What is bad, is huge imbalances in the strengths of classes. If one class is super OP, that makes everyone want to reroll to it, that is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, we're not discussing the desire to try a different class from time to time here.
    But the Fruit of the Month, aka : new patch includes a nerf for a class you love. instead of hanging on, searching what good advantage could hide in other areas, said people would just drop it and lazily surf on what is *said* to be the best class atm (while it may not be true). Like some sort of ... gamedesign hipster, lol.

The problem is that if you drop it every time a weakness appears, you will never really handle any class at its full potential. (because that includes handling its weaknesses.)
    That sound super strange to me and i cant rely to this class identification in any way. Iam playing a game which has a changing class balance and i do play whatever i think makes the most sense (which as long as i want to win a lot is what is strongest) dunno i think after classic was gone the concept of "playing a mage in wow" was widely replaced by "iam playing wow as a mage right now" if you get what i mean. Really dont see how it would make any sense to play something like destro lock of right now or rogue in the really bad seasons in cata, for learning it when even played to absolut perfection its gonna be subpar to the majority of the field.

Ah well, indeed, if you're more into win ratio than gameplay, there's nothing wrong.