Poll: Would you be in favor of trading 100 apexis crystals for 1 minute of flight?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Apexis Crystals for Flight Time 100 = 1 minute of flight!?

Would you be in favor of a system that allows you to fly, but in order to fly, it costs apexis crystals? So every minute you are lifted off the ground, the game would automatically deduct 100 apexis crystals from your total amount? If you run out while in the air, it puts a parachute on you and you fall wherever you are at.

Basically, if you did the apexis quest every day, you would essentially be buying 8-10 minutes of flight per day.

Would that be a good compromise?

What would this be good for? What could you possible need flying for?

I suppose I could be fine with that.
    There's certain RP zones that just are a pain and a half to get to without flying. I'd rather not spend an hour on foot trying to fight the invisi-walls when I could just be RPing that hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tóny View Post
    What would this be good for? What could you possible need flying for?
    It would give players another way to spend apexis crystals, and it would make flying more of a strategic decision rather than a fly willy nilly all the time.

I would think it would a) give the pro-flight crowd the ability to fly but with the restriction that you can only fly so long as you have apexis crystals to do so. b) would make decisions of travel more meaningful rather than just click a button and fly forever.

Plus it would be funny to see people who are flying around in capital cities forget that they only have a limited amount of crystals to fly, and fly aimlessly for an hour in a city only to run out of crystals.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2015-02-03 at 07:25 PM.

Deleted
    That's not even that bad of an idea. Maybe not even apexis, but its own currency. Though I don't really want that, it is an interesting idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paying for flight by the minute is too convoluted.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

There's nothing in Draenor worth flying to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Paying for flight by the minute is too convoluted.
    Not really. If you run out of flight time, you simply parachute down calmly wherever you are at.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    There's nothing in Draenor worth flying to.
    I agree, but at least this would shut the pro-flight camp up with their ridiculous desire to have flight in the game once and for all.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would rather not have flight than pay by the minute for it. This isn't Sonic the Hedgehog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    I would rather not have flight than pay by the minute for it. This isn't Sonic the Hedgehog.
    So if Blizzard were to put that into 6.1 as a compromise, you would say, "no dont put flight into the game?"

Sadly no. The apexis grind isn't worth doing much less fun enough to have it tied to my flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    So if Blizzard were to put that into 6.1 as a compromise, you would say, "no dont put flight into the game?"
    For me I would continue to deny them my subscription.

Deleted
    Strong hints of Banjo Kazooie in this idea.

Not sure it'd work in the long run, but for a patch, why not?

This is a horrible idea.

Deleted
    I wonder you didnt make a poll yet that only allows flying for mythic raiders.

But April 1st is soon.. so..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the idea is that bad tbh, but at the same time it feels insulting that we'd have to pay per minute for something we have been able to do in the current continent since TBC.

As an idea it works, but not in WoW.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I wonder you didnt make a poll yet that only allows flying for mythic raiders.
    That's really a good idea. Also, no stepping into Mythic w/o getting a key from the timed run to the last boss of Heroic while being in a guild group where all the members have exalted rep and are in the guild for 2+ months.

Deleted
    Just use the items in the game that fake flights like Avaians feather.

No, the system we had before was not broken, where you pay gold at level cap to fly anytime.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jaylock threads are usually very obvious by their titles, but all the same, is there an option somewhere in your account settings so that when you ignore a poster, it automatically hid threads created by said poster so that you never saw them pop up on the "Recent Posts" on the MMO homepage?

But for a real answer, if they want to make it so you "explore the world" on a ground mount, then make it a requirement to get both Draenor Loremaster and Explorer.

If you have done every quest, explored every zone, then you have seen the sights from the ground. Past that, you are just doing dailies, archeo, or other repetitive crap and sightseeing probably isn't high on your agenda. (And nothing stops you from staying on the ground if you really want to.)
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2015-02-03 at 07:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    gotta go fast, i mean i have to work like 10-15min for 8min flight
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..