Page 1 of 3
LastLast

O GOD there is a Defile mechanic in BRF!

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=156210/lingering-shadow

Many, many guilds will die to this. I wonder if we will get a 30% buff this time around, lol...
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders of today are better then raiders of the past. Not saying people wont die but the defile mechanic isn't hard compared to mechanics we have seen from Cata and onward.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    Raiders of today are better then raiders of the past. Not saying people wont die but the defile mechanic isn't hard compared to mechanics we have seen from Cata and onward.
    I would tend to disagree, we have more personal cooldowns and escape mechanics than we used to, which make personal mistakes more forgiving, however mechanics that cause instadeath or huge spread of ground effects will continue to be extremely challenging for raid groups as a whole.
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Deleted
    What was the problem with Defile? You simply move out of it and that's the end of it. It was annoying since it limited space on LK and could create awkward situations with Val'kyrs, but the mechanic on its own as nothing worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhork View Post
    What was the problem with Defile? You simply move out of it and that's the end of it. It was annoying since it limited space on LK and could create awkward situations with Val'kyrs, but the mechanic on its own as nothing worrying.
    Clearly, you did not bring "that guy" in your raid group...lol.
    Last edited by shaithis; 2015-02-03 at 09:00 PM.
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Clearly, you did not "that guy" in your raid group...lol.
    ಠ_ಠ.....Wat

Clearly, you did not "that guy" in your raid group...lol.
    A lot of us didn't have "that guy" in our raid groups because we were smart enough not to invite "that guy" to progression runs.

Who cares? ... Is not like it is DurumuV2.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    A lot of us didn't have "that guy" in our raid groups because we were smart enough not to invite "that guy" to progression runs.
    Right, back to my original point, I did not say that EVERYBODY is going to struggle with it, just merely the vast majority of raid guilds out there who on average do not have a full roster of gosu players, and thus have no choice other than to bring multiple "that guy"s for progression in hopes of eventually being able to outgear and faceroll content. Can't outgear Defile tho...
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!

Right, back to my original point, I did not say that EVERYBODY is going to struggle with it, just merely the vast majority of raid guilds out there who on average do not have a full roster of gosu players, and thus have no choice other than to bring multiple "that guy"s for progression in hopes of eventually being able to outgear and faceroll content. Can't outgear Defile tho...
    If you don't have a full roster of competent players you don't have to bring any incompetents since raids scale now. That is unless you're raiding Mythic and your Raid lead/Guild lead allows it to happen. If this does happen chances are your guild isn't ready for Mythic anyway. And you can be sure that this mechanic either wont make into LFR or will dumbed-down to the point that standing in it does so little damage it might as well not be there.

If you don't have a full roster of competent players you don't have to bring any incompetents since raids scale now. That is unless you're raiding Mythic and your Raid lead/Guild lead allows it to happen. If this does happen chances are your guild isn't ready for Mythic anyway. And you can be sure that this mechanic either wont make into LFR or will dumbed-down to the point that standing in it does so little damage it might as well not be there.
    A lot of 'casual' raiding guilds don't like to hurt people's feelings.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    A lot of 'casual' raiding guilds don't like to hurt people's feelings.
    Then a lot of 'casual' raiding guilds won't have to be worried about it since they aren't progression guilds now will they.

Then a lot of 'casual' raiding guilds won't have to be worried about it since they aren't progression guilds now will they.
    Not being a progression guild doesnt mean you don't want to kill a boss one day.

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Not being a progression guild doesnt mean you don't want to kill a boss one day.
    And you will once you out-gear it, it is nerfed, or you queue up for LFR as a guild. However don't blame "that guy" when its "that guild" who allows him to operate the way he does

Defile is a damage zone that gets bigger every time it damages a player. So if everyone doesn't get out as quickly as possible, it doesn't take long for it to grow bigger than the raid can easily avoid (potentially to cover the entire room).

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    LFR?

Look, you either get better (even as a casual) and beat the boss or you don't. Can't you queue as many people as you want in LFR?

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    I took my first big break from WoW before ICC released... What is so special about or rather what is the defile mechanic?
    Defile

It was a rather easy mechanic to avoid but it seems to be the scapegoat for many guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    I took my first big break from WoW before ICC released... What is so special about or rather what is the defile mechanic?
    AoE damage zone that gets bigger the longer people stand in it. Defile started doing damage immediately after spawning with no delay so you didnt have much time to react before it chain reaction covered the whole raid. If you are even slightly slow at the mechanic, it will wipe you.

- - - Updated - - -

Defile

It was a rather easy mechanic to avoid but it seems to be the scapegoat for many guilds.
    It was easy to avoid if you have a half decent reaction time, but any delay and it would grow fast, so one person could wipe the raid pretty easy.

Ill take defile over Shadowtrap any day

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=156210/lingering-shadow

Many, many guilds will die to this. I wonder if we will get a 30% buff this time around, lol...
    Most guilds can't even clear more than 2/7 mythic HM.