Best in slot list?

I cant seem to find a best in slot list online.

I'm assuming the best in slot list will be Highmaul/Foundry. Anybody got a list?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity46 View Post
    I cant seem to find a best in slot list online.

I'm assuming the best in slot list will be Highmaul/Foundry. Anybody got a list?
    Not really, since they are mostly useless. The important lists are trinket ranking sts, and tier value in relation to other classes.

The reason is simple- stat weights are much closer now, so in most cases for things outside of tier or trinkets, higher item level or a socket will be better than perfectly itemized, but lower ilvl. There are exceptions, especially when the item levels are close, but in most of those cases anyway it'll be close to begin with and won't hugely matter. In most cases going for the higher item level will be a safe bet (Again, excepting trinkets or 2p/4p)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Not really, since they are mostly useless. The important lists are trinket ranking sts, and tier value in relation to other classes.

The reason is simple- stat weights are much closer now, so in most cases for things outside of tier or trinkets, higher item level or a socket will be better than perfectly itemized, but lower ilvl. There are exceptions, especially when the item levels are close, but in most of those cases anyway it'll be close to begin with and won't hugely matter. In most cases going for the higher item level will be a safe bet (Again, excepting trinkets or 2p/4p)
    I think some form of BiS list is needed for the min/max oriented people. Is there a trinket list out yet? Scarab is going to be pretty strong still once 6.1 comes out due to the change of gladiator.

Prot one: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...FdA/edit#gid=7

I didn't make it, so don't bitch at me if there's a mistake. (I already know about the Agi weapon from Orgon being listed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Invuln View Post
    I think some form of BiS list is needed for the min/max oriented people. Is there a trinket list out yet? Scarab is going to be pretty strong still once 6.1 comes out due to the change of gladiator.
    We care after progression. During progression gear gets spread out as it best benefits the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    ill be going for these:

Helm Kromog Blackhand's Faceguard Critical Strike Multistrike
    Neck Beastlord Darmac Choker of Bestial Force Bonus Armor Mastery
    Shoulders Operator Thogar Blackhand's Shoulderguards Mastery Haste
    Cloak Oregorger Ravenous Greatcloak Bonus Armor Mastery
    Chest Iron Maidens Bloodsoaked Heart Protector Mastery Critical Strike
    Bracers Gruul Bracers of Martial Perfection Mastery Versatility
    Gloves Iron Maidens Blackhand's Handguards Mastery Multistrike
    Belt Iron Maidens Uktar's Belt of Chiming Rings Mastery Haste
    Legs Blast Furnace Blackhand's Legguards Mastery Critical Strike
    Boots BoE Doomslag Greatboots Mastery Critical Strike
    Ring 1 Operator Thogar Siege Bomber's Band Bonus Armor Critical Strike
    Trinket 1 Blast Furnace Blast Furnace Door Bonus Armor Mastery Proc
    Trinket 2 Hans'gar & Franzok Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork Mastery Armor on Use (2min)

Weapon Gruul Taner's Terrible Spine Critical Strike Multistrike
    Shield Kromog Kromog's Protecting Palm Critical Strike Versatillity
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Anyone have a Fury one? I put something together, but I'd like to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post

This is wrong since some stats are still weak for a lot of specs. Just off the top of my head:

Versatlity is worth ~60% and Haste ~80% of Crit/Mastery/Multi for Arms/Fury Warriors.

Mastery for Windwalker Monks is a complete joke and almost worthless.

Best in slot is still relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jephery View Post
    This is wrong since some stats are still weak for a lot of specs. Just off the top of my head:

Versatlity is worth ~60% and Haste ~80% of Crit/Mastery/Multi for Arms/Fury Warriors.

Mastery for Windwalker Monks is a complete joke and almost worthless.

Best in slot is still relevant.
    1. We're talking about warriors, not any other class. Check which forum you are in.
    2. You just highlighted the stats are close. Add in the fact that you will get an extra 10 ilvl (or more) and the strength outweighs that difference in almost all cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    1. We're talking about warriors, not any other class. Check which forum you are in.
    2. You just highlighted the stats are close. Add in the fact that you will get an extra 10 ilvl (or more) and the strength outweighs that difference in almost all cases.
    1. BiS is only relevant in progression where you're trying to distribute loot between multiple people with different specs which each have different stat weights. That a piece of gear is clearly superior for one spec/class over another is crucial to keep track of. If you're not in a progression guild then optimization does not matter and BiS does not matter.

Monk is a bad example since its a different item type, but DKs and Ret Paladins have different stat weights from Warriors. Crit is terrible for Frost DKs as an example.

2. BiS is for quickly keeping track of which of multiple pieces of the same ilvl and slot is best in the tier for a spec, without simming everyone in your raid whenever an item drops.

An item with Crit/Mastery is clearly superior to one with Haste/Versatility. You could get warforged/socket on the Haste/Versatility piece and sim it out to be slightly better than a non-warforged Crit/Mastery, but a Warforged/Socket Crit/Mastery piece is going to be superior in all cases.

It would be better to give the Haste/Versatility piece to a different class instead of a Warrior who will want to replace it with Crit/Mastery ASAP.
    Last edited by Jephery; 2015-02-05 at 05:54 PM.

Just take a look at the stat priorities for your class/spec and look and the loot and you can make it yourself. Trinkets are the only one with a real debate, due to there uniqueness with procs/on use.

Deleted
    I did this list for Arms/Fury combined set (for HC not Mythic, but should be pretty close)
    Simmed with SimC-26 PTR Build and combined stats weight for single target/cleave/1 min aoe burst. Priority set to single target damage:

Head Blackhand's Faceguard (Kromog - BRF)
    Neck Thogar's Serrated Chain (Operator Thogar - BRF)
    Shoulders Overdriven Spaulders (Blackhand - BRF)
    Chest Blackhand's Chestguard (Flamebender Ka'graz - BRF)
    Waist Ripswallow Plate Belt (Trash BoE - HM Mythic) <- wont get the BRF(M) Belt soon.
    Legs Blackhand's Legguards (The Blast Furnace - BRF)
    Feet Doomslag Greatboots (Trash BoE - BRF)
    Wrists Fleshmelter Bracers (The Blast Furnace - BRF)
    Hands Blackhand's Handguards (The Iron Maidens - BRF)
    Finger1 Seal of the Savage Howl (Beastlord Darmac - BRF)
    Finger2 Spellbound Solium Band of Sorcerous Strength (Legendary Quest Chain)
    Trinket1 Horn of Screaming Spirits (Flamebender Ka'graz - BRF)
    Trinket2 Vial of Convulsive Shadows (The Iron Maidens - BRF) or Scabbard (depends on encounter)
    Back Cloak of Sanguine Terror (The Iron Maidens - BRF)
    Main Hand The Black Hand (Blackhand - BRF)
    Off Hand (Fury) The Black Hand (Blackhand - BRF)

Weights used:
    Strength 1.00
    CriticalStrike 0.60
    Mastery 0.59
    Multistrike 0.50
    Versatility 0.48
    Haste 0.40
    Last edited by mmoc7776f23bb7; 2015-02-06 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jephery View Post
    1. BiS is only relevant in progression where you're trying to distribute loot between multiple people with different specs which each have different stat weights. That a piece of gear is clearly superior for one spec/class over another is crucial to keep track of. If you're not in a progression guild then optimization does not matter and BiS does not matter.

Monk is a bad example since its a different item type, but DKs and Ret Paladins have different stat weights from Warriors. Crit is terrible for Frost DKs as an example.

2. BiS is for quickly keeping track of which of multiple pieces of the same ilvl and slot is best in the tier for a spec, without simming everyone in your raid whenever an item drops.

An item with Crit/Mastery is clearly superior to one with Haste/Versatility. You could get warforged/socket on the Haste/Versatility piece and sim it out to be slightly better than a non-warforged Crit/Mastery, but a Warforged/Socket Crit/Mastery piece is going to be superior in all cases.

It would be better to give the Haste/Versatility piece to a different class instead of a Warrior who will want to replace it with Crit/Mastery ASAP.
    why does BiS only matter during progression? I know a lot of people (including myself) who raid almost entirely for ranks. Even if you don't care about ranks (if any DPS in a mythic guild doesn't care about ranks, I'd probably consider replacing them.) then you still have faster kill speeds, ability to boost, etc, as an incentive to get BiS.

also, if you're putting so much weight into progression, then you must be in a pretty good guild. if you're in a pretty good guild, it isn't going to be the case, ever, that you're replacing an item and gaining 20+ ilvl (outside of 5 mans > raid gear leap once every 2 years), but, since you appear not to care about BiS and appear not to care about ranks, i'm fairly certain you aren't in a good guild. So, with that in mind, why are you even posting? The subject in question isn't even regarding you at all.

1. Because if you're not doing progression raiding, then you don't care about your overall group. You just care about your personal dps. You can sim every piece that drops for yourself whenever it drops and roll on it if is an upgrade. If you are in a progression guild, then you're going to be keeping track of whether each piece that drops is better for you or for your guildies. You check whether or not the piece is BiS for you or your guildie, and pass to him if it is.

Not Progression: You just roll on everything, you don't care about other members of the group. You're never going to get BiS, you're not doing Mythic progression.
    Progression: You roll on your BiS, otherwise you pass on pieces that are BiS for other members of your group. If its not BiS for anyone, loot council has a tougher decision to make based on ilvl/stat weights.

2. I specifically stated that BiS matters when you're comparing equal ilvls for the same slot, except for extreme cases like if a trinket is heavily over stated. There are going to be cases where you have access to multiple pieces that are the same ilvl.
    Last edited by Jephery; 2015-02-06 at 05:58 PM.

Deleted
    Asmongold recommended this list for fury

Quote Originally Posted by byitz View Post
    Asmongold recommended this list for fury
    I dont think this is correct and I expect asmongold to edit it soon. Reason being, he is putting way too much weight on multistrike due to an error with simcraft and bloodthirst multistrikes.

There is a quite a bit of crit/haste gear, I havent had the time to check yet but im curious if there is enough to hit the 4 sec bloodthirst BP and if it will be worth going for.